By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony eat crow again?

irstupid said:
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
Mr.Metralha said:

All this bullshit, butthurt and trash talk comes down to this:

1-  Nintendo is getting their parallax barrier screens from Sharp.

2 - Sony wasn't expecting Nintendo to jump ship on this tech.

3 - Sony won't use a costly 3rd party hardware from Sharp on their machine. Profits are already small, if any at start with NGP.

4 - Nintendo is heavily successfull with its new gimmick; Sony trash talks them while developing a proprietary 3D screen for a later NGP.

5 - Sony fanboys rejoice. 3D glassesless is now the best thing ever.

6 - Nintendo fanboys serve crow.

7 -  Overall sales patern remain pretty much the same.

your forgetting the statement saying that Sony was planning on using this tech 10 years ago and nintendo didn't do it first

Right, because Sony never used 3D on PS3, TVs, and on their laptops...NINTENDO IS GOD!!!!!!!!!

3D has been around before Sony was even made.  This isn't about who invented 3D.  Nintendo also didn't invent 3D glasses free either.  They are using someone elses tech on this.  This is about Nintendo implementing FIRST 3D glasses free for a handheld.

and besides 3D is different wearing glasses or not.

So? Sony still used 3D way before Nintendo did so dont come up with the made up arrogant crap like that

Around the Network

Little known fact:  Sony LOVES the taste of crow and will eat it at any opportunity.  So even if they do end up eating crow, it's not really a punishment-- It's more of a reward.  If we really want to punish Sony, we should prove them right.  Thus, Sony will be denied the taste of delicious crow meat.

d21lewis said:

Little known fact:  Sony LOVES the taste of crow and will eat it at any opportunity.  So even if they do end up eating crow, it's not really a punishment-- It's more of a reward.  If we really want to punish Sony, we should prove them right.  Thus, Sony will be denied the taste of delicious crow meat.

Not if we feed them crows that have been stuffed with monkey shit, muwahahaha

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
Mr.Metralha said:

3 - Sony won't use a costly 3rd party hardware from Sharp on their machine. Profits are already small, if any at start with NGP.

4 - Nintendo is heavily successfull with its new gimmick; Sony trash talks them while developing a proprietary 3D screen for a later NGP.

your forgetting the statement saying that Sony was planning on using this tech 10 years ago and nintendo didn't do it first

Right, because Sony never used 3D on PS3, TVs, and on their laptops...NINTENDO IS GOD!!!!!!!!!

3D has been around before Sony was even made.  This isn't about who invented 3D.  Nintendo also didn't invent 3D glasses free either.  They are using someone elses tech on this.  This is about Nintendo implementing FIRST 3D glasses free for a handheld.

So? Sony still used 3D way before Nintendo did so dont come up with the made up arrogant crap like that

what do you consider the virtual boy?

irstupid said:
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
Mr.Metralha said:

A failure

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
outlawauron said:

I'm a bit surprised that people think 3D is going to do so well. I honestly don't really want it at all. I don't ever plan using it on my PS3 (despite having GT5 and access to a 3DTV), and I certainly don't plan on getting a 3DS for the 3D aspect of it.

To add, I'm certainly not sold on the NGP either. I guess I'm just different than most on these sort of things.

Nintendo cant not possibly ever be wrong or make a mistake. They are basiclly what people today reffer to as God. Its against the law of the universe. Nintendo making a mistake or doing something worng would be like saying 2 2 `= 298173914. its just not right. There was NEVER one single misate Nintendo ever made in the last 100 years. They are the perfection that is missing in the world. So if nintendo says 3D will work, there is not even a god damn slightest chance that they will be wrong.

I don't think anyone thinks Nintendo has never made a mistake. Launching the N64 with cartridges was a mistake because it alienated developers that made RPGs so Nintendo lost any shot at Squaresoft and Enix RPGs. The N64 cardtridges however did provide incredibly fast load times which were nice. 

Nintendo launched the Gamecube without a DVD drive, never truly supported their online system, and went with the C-Stick instead of a true second analog. Going back further we have the Virtual Boy fiasco, the whole breaking up with Sony deal, and letting the CD-i use Zelda deal.

I will say that Nintendo's innovations have brought us more than Sony, Microsoft, and even my beloved Sega though. Controller Pads, 4 face buttons, shoulder buttons, rumble, analog sticks, triggers, and handheld gaming are all Nintendo innovations right? I think it's more we give Ninty the benefit of the doubt due to track record and nostalgia.

I really doubt Ninty is wrong about 3D because they have been trying to implement glasses free 3D at least since the Gamecube. They have always found unique and fun ways to implement their system's features in their games, so yeah if they say it'll work I'll believe them. Why does that bother you?

Sony already have a couple product with 3D glassless, all they have to do is just implement  new screens to the next PSP2 version when they get cheaper. At 5 inch, it would be a huge deal. 

Putting someone's else tech first is great, but if someone else does it later, that doesnt mean they copied, it means they are late.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
Mr.Metralha said:

A failure

didn't ask if it was a success or a failure.

besides i wouldn't call ps3's games in 3d a success either.  i don't hear anybody ever talkinga botu some game in 3d.  Who the hell is playing these games in 3D.  what games are even available in 3D?

Torillian said:
rubido said:

Like this?

I've never put the two together before, but yer right, that is the quintessential shit eating grin.

Actually, you are right about that face, Torillian. I went to a farm one time and a goat was at a fence eating some grass. A sheep was behind him/her/it and licking that goat's anus. Then the sheep lifted his/her/its head and made this exact, same face after licking the goat's butthole. NOT JOKING. My dad still cracks jokes about it.

Being on topic, yes, Sony will always 'copy' what their competitors have made and spin their own twist on it saying "Oh, we had this planned awhile ago. We just didn't think it was the right time for it."

d21lewis said:

Doesn't eating crow make you just want to sound like one? You know, yelling "CAWK!" or something?