By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony eat crow again?

FinalEvangelion said:

The analog stick on the 3DS.

I love Nintendo and all, but I do get fucking tired of the "Sony copies everything from Nintendo and Nintendo possibly could do no wrong" attitude that many people have.

The same analog stick that Nintendo has in all it's home consoles since Nintendo 64, but Sony didn't have in the Playstation gamepad? Don't try to pass it as if Sony was the first to use it.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
FinalEvangelion said:

The analog stick on the 3DS.

I love Nintendo and all, but I do get fucking tired of the "Sony copies everything from Nintendo and Nintendo possibly could do no wrong" attitude that many people have.

The same analog stick that Nintendo has in all it's home consoles since Nintendo 64, but Sony didn't have in the Playstation gamepad? Don't try to pass it as if Sony was the first to use it.

My point is that it's really childish to do the "who copied who" game.  Every company uses ideas from others, including Nintendo.  Just as someone was saying about optical discs.  Nintendo was pretty staunch about cartridges being the way during the N64 era, but switched in the GC era after seeing the success of optical media.  I'm not saying that Sony was the first to use optical media either.  Sega did it with the Sega CD.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Sony will just add 3d into a firmware update like the ps3, may have to wear some sort of glasses though, but its not like it can't be done

phinch1 said:

Sony will just add 3d into a firmware update like the ps3, may have to wear some sort of glasses though, but its not like it can't be done

It's not as easy as you imply. Is the display capable of showing the 3D image? Take into consideration that with PS3 you need a special TV to do so.

Metallicube said:
pizzahut451 said:
Metallicube said:

If Nintendo's 3D handheld sells 150 million copies, you can bet your ass Sony will be rushing to create their very own 3D handheld, and they will probably be praising the idea as their new "fantastic innovation."

Kinda like the time when PS2 sold 150 million, and Nintendo rushed to creat very own DVD based console? Oh, wait that cant be true, Nintendo never copied anyone, because they are never wrong.

Who said they are never wrong? I agree, tacking on the DVD drive on the GC model in Japan was a really foolish move.

I wasnt reffering directly to you, but to some ohter people who act incredibly arrogant like Nintendo never made a single mistake and never copied anyone and sony is the major retard and asshole in the industry

Around the Network

never said 3D shouldn't be in a handheld, just said for the time being, 3d isn't necessary for NGP right now. probably by the time 3d comes to the NGP (if it ever comes to the NGP) it would be in proper HD and viewable from all angles. 

evolution_1ne said:

never said 3D shouldn't be in a handheld, just said for the time being, 3d isn't necessary for NGP right now. probably by the time 3d comes to the NGP (if it ever comes to the NGP) it would be in proper HD and viewable from all angles. 

I demand the name of the woman in your sig NOOOOW!!!!!

pizzahut451 said:
evolution_1ne said:

I demand the name of the woman in your sig NOOOOW!!!!!

Jayden Jaymes

irstupid said:
Mr.Metralha said:

All this bullshit, butthurt and trash talk comes down to this:

1-  Nintendo is getting their parallax barrier screens from Sharp.

2 - Sony wasn't expecting Nintendo to jump ship on this tech.

3 - Sony won't use a costly 3rd party hardware from Sharp on their machine. Profits are already small, if any at start with NGP.

4 - Nintendo is heavily successfull with its new gimmick; Sony trash talks them while developing a proprietary 3D screen for a later NGP.

5 - Sony fanboys rejoice. 3D glassesless is now the best thing ever.

6 - Nintendo fanboys serve crow.

7 -  Overall sales patern remain pretty much the same.

your forgetting the statement saying that Sony was planning on using this tech 10 years ago and nintendo didn't do it first

Right, because Sony never used 3D on PS3, TVs, and on their laptops...NINTENDO IS GOD!!!!!!!!!

pizzahut451 said:
irstupid said:
Mr.Metralha said:

All this bullshit, butthurt and trash talk comes down to this:

1-  Nintendo is getting their parallax barrier screens from Sharp.

2 - Sony wasn't expecting Nintendo to jump ship on this tech.

3 - Sony won't use a costly 3rd party hardware from Sharp on their machine. Profits are already small, if any at start with NGP.

4 - Nintendo is heavily successfull with its new gimmick; Sony trash talks them while developing a proprietary 3D screen for a later NGP.

5 - Sony fanboys rejoice. 3D glassesless is now the best thing ever.

6 - Nintendo fanboys serve crow.

7 -  Overall sales patern remain pretty much the same.

your forgetting the statement saying that Sony was planning on using this tech 10 years ago and nintendo didn't do it first

Right, because Sony never used 3D on PS3, TVs, and on their laptops...NINTENDO IS GOD!!!!!!!!!

3D has been around before Sony was even made.  This isn't about who invented 3D.  Nintendo also didn't invent 3D glasses free either.  They are using someone elses tech on this.  This is about Nintendo implementing FIRST 3D glasses free for a handheld.

and besides 3D is different wearing glasses or not.