By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony eat crow again?

zgamer5 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
zgamer5 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
zgamer5 said:

also how did sony eat crow? that was said for pr and they were working on the move at that time. just because the competitor has 3d and just because that competitor sells better and they talked badly about 3d doesnt mean that they ate grow.

if you take and make such a deal after every pr statement then molyneux is probably dead because he ate to much.

really?.... come on. they went onto destroy the wiimote idea so many times, and talked too much shit about it,  and at the end they ended up doing it too.... that my friend, is eating almost every freaking crow that has ever existed.

they started the move way before they said that about the wii mote. i agree in a way they eat crow, but this time with the 3ds theyr just saying that they dont think 3d is good on portable, and they said that being asked if the psp2 will have 3d.

I used to believe in Santa too.....

their are videos on youtube :P which proove this. dating back to 2004.

Dating back to 2002, actually. But dont bother, they will never accept this fact

Around the Network
Acevil said:
rubido said:
Mr.Metralha said:

All this bullshit, butthurt and trash talk comes down to this:

1-  Nintendo is getting their parallax barrier screens from Sharp.

2 - Sony wasn't expecting Nintendo to jump ship on this tech.

3 - Sony won't use a costly 3rd party hardware from Sharp on their machine. Profits are already small, if any at start with NGP.

4 - Nintendo is heavily successfull with its new gimmick; Sony trash talks them while developing a proprietary 3D screen for a later NGP.

5 - Sony fanboys rejoice. 3D glassesless is now the best thing ever.

6 - Nintendo fanboys serve crow.

7 -  Overall sales patern remain pretty much the same.

Almost perfect. I would just add:

6.5 - Sony fanboys deny it ever happened.

6.5 - Sony fans deny that Nintendo played any part, and that this was a decision made purely on the fact they had the technology years ago, but didn't feel like using it until now. 

And then steps 8 through to ∞ are Nintendo fans mentioning it at every oppurtunity with (I percieve) a shit eating grin on their faces.

Torillian said:

And then steps 8 through to ∞ are Nintendo fans mentioning it at every oppurtunity with (I percieve) a shit eating grin on their faces.

Do you really think this is an acceptable response from a moderator/site admin?

outlawauron said:

I'm a bit surprised that people think 3D is going to do so well. I honestly don't really want it at all. I don't ever plan using it on my PS3 (despite having GT5 and access to a 3DTV), and I certainly don't plan on getting a 3DS for the 3D aspect of it.

To add, I'm certainly not sold on the NGP either. I guess I'm just different than most on these sort of things.

Nintendo cant not possibly ever be wrong or make a mistake. They are basiclly what people today reffer to as God. Its against the law of the universe. Nintendo making a mistake or doing something worng would be like saying 2 2 `= 298173914. its just not right. There was NEVER one single misate Nintendo ever made in the last 100 years. They are the perfection that is missing in the world. So if nintendo says 3D will work, there is not even a god damn slightest chance that they will be wrong.

Kynes said:
Torillian said:

I debated it, but they were skirting the rules but not far enough to do something worth moderating so I decided to just give a counterpoint of what makes Nintendo fans just as bad.

I could have said "self satisfied smug smile" but I'm not a huge fan of alliteration and I like the term shit eating grin more.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Kynes said:
Torillian said:

I debated it, but they were skirting the rules but not far enough to do something worth moderating so I decided to just give a counterpoint of what makes Nintendo fans just as bad.

I could have said "self satisfied smug smile" but I'm not a huge fan of illiteration and I like the term shit eating grin more.

Then I'll have to report you because of it. I'm sure that it wont provide any benefit, as you won't ban yourself, or any other moderator will ban you because of this, but I have seen people banned for much less than this, and I think that it's unnecessary flamming.

Kynes said:

Then I'll have to report you because of it. I'm sure that it wont provide any benefit, as you won't ban yourself, or any other moderator will ban you because of this, but I have seen people banned for much less than this, and I think that it's unnecessary flamming.

Okie doke, I'll go ahead and send your complaint Machina's way since he's the only mod that could ban me anyway.

If Nintendo's 3D handheld sells 150 million copies, you can bet your ass Sony will be rushing to create their very own 3D handheld, and they will probably be praising the idea as their new "fantastic innovation."

Machina said:
Kynes said:

Perhaps a little graphic, but there's no rule against that sort of content in posts (within reason). It's only flaming when specifically directed at another user(s), which is probably what happened in those 'much lesser' situations.

Let's get back on topic now please guys.

Don't get me wrong, as I don't want unnecessary polemics, I only want a clarification of the rules. Nintendo fans aren't another users? Can I say whatever I want about Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft/whatever fans as it's not directed towards another user?

Metallicube said:

If Nintendo's 3D handheld sells 150 million copies, you can bet your ass Sony will be rushing to create their very own 3D handheld, and they will probably be praising the idea as their new "fantastic innovation."

Kinda like the time when PS2 sold 150 million, and Nintendo rushed to creat very own DVD based console? Oh, wait that cant be true, Nintendo never copied anyone, because they are never wrong.