By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we see another GTA this gen?

Will we see another GTA this gen?

yes 99 64.29%

no 27 17.53%

not sure 28 18.18%

Total:154
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

Wasn't there an article saying they wanted a team for a PS3, 360 and Wii game, and also a team for the Wii and DS game?

That was about a year ao, and there hasn't been anything yet, so...

I'll say yes. And I say we'll see it at E3

It won't be on Wii ...

Never say never, it was the job advertisement after all...

I also expect SAS for Wii/3DS, and GTA5 for 360, PS3 and maybe Wii. But unlikely.

Then it likely wasn't GTA. I doubt 3DS will get one either, the GTA games did amazingly well on the PSP (despite piracy) yet the DS one crawled to 1 mill unit despite the massive userbase over PSP.

GTA just isn't suited to the Nintendo crowd.

But...Chinatown Wars flopped on PSP and had much better advertising...

the DS port version flopped on PSP?? I'm shocked.

a dedicated PSP2 version of GTA will do great, much like any other dedicated PSP GTA games.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Easy. This gen is a damn long one, I hope it never ends!

Yes, it's called Agent right now but will be released as GTA5.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

Wasn't there an article saying they wanted a team for a PS3, 360 and Wii game, and also a team for the Wii and DS game?

It won't be on Wii ...

I also expect SAS for Wii/3DS, and GTA5 for 360, PS3 and maybe Wii. But unlikely.

Then it likely wasn't GTA. I doubt 3DS will get one either, the GTA games did amazingly well on the PSP (despite piracy) yet the DS one crawled to 1 mill unit despite the massive userbase over PSP.

It did pretty well considering it was a port.

But that's surely a reason which can be given to any flop? Just like Heroes Paradise did well "as a port", or Reflex did alright "to say it was 2 years late" etc.  All games should be based on their own merit, regardless of age or history

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

yeah i reall hope so and btw the people who think agent and gt5 are the same game are wrong

agent: is a completely new game series exclusive for ps3 made by rockstar

grand theft auto: we all know what that is

Around the Network
mchaza said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Possibly GTA: SAS for the 3DS.

wrong it will be for the PSP2 

And to answer the OP's question: Yes 

Since La Norie is being made by an independent and not an internal Rockstar studio and With many of the rockstar group such as Rockstar North who haven't released an game since GTA 4 i believe. So they would be working on an new project. 

GTA 4 seemed to be in development for 6 years! but all the different installments like the stories for liberty city and vice city slowed dev time. 

But we will see an GTA5 or san andreas type title coming out in 2012. It will be announced this e3

Why would it be for the PSP2?

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

It won't be on Wii ...

It did pretty well considering it was a port.

But that's surely a reason which can be given to any flop? Just like Heroes Paradise did well "as a port", or Reflex did alright "to say it was 2 years late" etc.  All games should be based on their own merit, regardless of age or history

Er?? no. Look at Bioshock on PS3 for example, first 1 started out really bad and ended with sales paltry to 360 version, despite being rated in the mid 90's. Second 1 scored worse and did much better ..

Late ports affect everything and shouldn't be judged the same as if it were released same day.

If Chinatown was released on PSP first it would have done about 2 plus million. Then a year old DS port would have done about 400k.

dsage01 said:

yeah i reall hope so and btw the people who think agent and gt5 are the same game are wrong

agent: is a completely new game series exclusive for ps3 made by rockstar

grand theft auto: we all know what that is

This could be true but here are the facts;

We Know that Rockstar is working on "Agent", so maybe this is evidence that the next GTA wont show until next gen. If they release GTA5 on this gens consoles, GTA6 wouldnt show up until another 6 years down the road.

This would leave the PS4, 720, and possibly super wii without a GTA for many years which is something Rockstar cannot afford.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Sure, I hope they don't take too long to make a 3DS GTA, and of course it needs to be in 3D like console GTA's, 2D GTAs weren't the pinnacle of the series, only with GTA3 in 3D the thing started to grow and get millions of sales.

Thats why Chinatown wars floped on DS and did miserably on PSP. But it is a good game, for everyone who doesn't mind to give a top-down GTA a spin.

And don't tell "3DS GTA ain't gonna happen". Of course it will happen, GBcolor, GBA and DS had GTAs, so now that they can do a proper 3D GTA on 3DS they will miss this cash cow? Of course not. Only blind people can say that.

Ultraslick said:This could be true but here are the facts;

We Know that Rockstar is working on "Agent", so maybe this is evidence that the next GTA wont show until next gen. If they release GTA5 on this gens consoles, GTA6 wouldnt show up until another 6 years down the road.

This would leave the PS4, 720, and possibly super wii without a GTA for many years which is something Rockstar cannot afford.

yeah i completely agree with you but rockstar's a smart company they should have gta5 down this year or else they'll lose millions 2011 is the last year to get a whole bunch of money.I think gta 6 should come out in about 3-4 years they're not gonna make as much money with red dead or l.a noire as they will with grand theft auto