By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we see another GTA this gen?

Will we see another GTA this gen?

yes 99 64.29%

no 27 17.53%

not sure 28 18.18%

Total:154
Conegamer said:

Wasn't there an article saying they wanted a team for a PS3, 360 and Wii game, and also a team for the Wii and DS game?

That was about a year ao, and there hasn't been anything yet, so...

I'll say yes. And I say we'll see it at E3

It won't be on Wii ...

Around the Network

well GTA4 was cr@p compared to the rest. (and by GTA4 i mean TAXi4) 

so i hope not, let it Rest this gen and ohhh i dunno.. i guess make a fun GTA for the next round? 

ElGranCabeza said:

Possibly GTA: SAS for the 3DS.

I actually think it's going to the NGP. I'm pretty sure I saw Rock* on a list of people developing titles for the device.

Either way... That isn't current gen. 3DS/NGP are next gen machines.

Current gen would be DS/PSP/Wii/360/PS3... And it it appears on any of them, it will be 360/PS3.

OT:
I would expect it around Summer 2012. It's been a LONG time since we had a full GTA release and by the time we get there it will have been 2 Years since RDR also released. It makes sense.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:

Wasn't there an article saying they wanted a team for a PS3, 360 and Wii game, and also a team for the Wii and DS game?

It won't be on Wii ...

Never say never, it was the job advertisement after all...

I also expect SAS for Wii/3DS, and GTA5 for 360, PS3 and maybe Wii. But unlikely.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

It won't be on Wii ...

I also expect SAS for Wii/3DS, and GTA5 for 360, PS3 and maybe Wii. But unlikely.

Then it likely wasn't GTA. I doubt 3DS will get one either, the GTA games did amazingly well on the PSP (despite piracy) yet the DS one crawled to 1 mill unit despite the massive userbase over PSP.

GTA just isn't suited to the Nintendo crowd.

Around the Network

I will be honestly stunned if we don't see a new GTA by 2012.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

It won't be on Wii ...

Then it likely wasn't GTA. I doubt 3DS will get one either, the GTA games did amazingly well on the PSP (despite piracy) yet the DS one crawled to 1 mill unit despite the massive userbase over PSP.

But...Chinatown Wars flopped on PSP and had much better advertising...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I'm quite sure we'll get another iteration. 2012 seems like a fair timeframe, possibly 2013 and just before the full maturity of the current generation.

ElGranCabeza said:

Possibly GTA: SAS for the 3DS.

wrong it will be for the PSP2 

And to answer the OP's question: Yes 

Since La Norie is being made by an independent and not an internal Rockstar studio and With many of the rockstar group such as Rockstar North who haven't released an game since GTA 4 i believe. So they would be working on an new project. 

GTA 4 seemed to be in development for 6 years! but all the different installments like the stories for liberty city and vice city slowed dev time. 

But we will see an GTA5 or san andreas type title coming out in 2012. It will be announced this e3

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

It won't be on Wii ...

But...Chinatown Wars flopped on PSP and had much better advertising...

It did pretty well considering it was a port.