By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword at Its Final Stage of Completion!

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Is In Its Final Stage Of Completion

By Ishaan . January 28, 2011 . 11:35am

Nintendo’s third quarter financial results briefing brought with it a quick update on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, in development at Nintendo under their Entertainment Analysis and Development group.

The game is due for launch this year, but Nintendo’ haven’t announced a date. It, along with Xenoblade, is listed as “TBA” on Nintendo’s release calendar. Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata, however, revealed that the development team is “entering into the final completion stage of the game.”

Around the Network

We can be gettin this baby sooner than we think...

:')

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Meh, I just hope the final product is a totally new game from the demo.

He said in the briefing that Skyward would release after Ocarina of Time 3DS, so summer/autumn release?
And 25th celebration next month with New Play Control Wind Waker? :D

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Possibly, now that the plans are to push OoT3D back away from 3DS launch, we could see the game sometime this Spring

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Possibly, now that the plans are to push OoT3D back away from 3DS launch, we could see the game sometime this Spring

I don't think so, Iwata said during the briefing that Ocarina of Time 3DS was launching before Skyward Sword, and Nintendo said no Ocarina of Time 3DS before E3, so I guess Zelda: SS is their big Holiday title this year.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

My body is ready for this gem.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

As many of you have pointed out, Skyward Sword will arrive once Ocarina of Time 3D is released, and this one won't come anytime sooner than next E3 2011, so do not expect Zelda Wii until the holiday season.

25th Zelda anniversary this fall including Skyward Sword Wii packs and 3DS Ocarina of Time packs with new colors (golden Wii!!) ?   YES PLEASE.

I cannot-a-wait-a.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!