By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AussieGecko said:
yo_john117 said:

So the 360 got adjusted down by 1.8 million?!? O_O

went a lot back up, VG chartz pre-empted wrong it appears mostly.

Ah ok, so what was the final adjustment at?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
AussieGecko said:
yo_john117 said:

Ah ok, so what was the final adjustment at?

Depends.

January... 360 down over 1 million (I will be check for accurate numbers).
This week... 360 down just 300k.

ethomaz said:

Depends.

January... 360 down over 1 million (I will be check for accurate numbers).
This week... 360 down just 300k.

this, i am actually truly confused about where we are at the moment, that is why i would love a thread to explain what happens when big arse adjustments happen.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:

Adjustments go back to January first.

I'm a little dissapointed at LBP2 sales, how much did LBP1 get week 1? I was expecting this game to get around 750k week 1, so in EMEAA that would mean at least 350k.

I'm also HUGELY dissapointed at Mass Effect 2 sales. It's an amazing game, I wish they ported ME1 to the PS3 as well so Sony fans can truely appreciate the game.

Finally 360 software is dissapointed in in general, except for Kinect brand games and FIFA 11. Halo Reach only sold 10k? and where is Forza 3?

As for GT5, I was expecting it to drop in sales. People didn't beleive me when I said holiday boost, but now GT5 weekly sales should stay below GT4 weekly sales.

I really think you should be honest Michael. You expected GT5 to do much worse in sales than GT4 (remember we debated this in the "GT5 will fail to sell" thread). Now it hasn't (in fact, it's done fantastic thus far), and you still have a hard time giving it it's due credit without downsizing it in some way. I don't really want to debate anything further, you're entitled to your opinion, but you haven't been consistent and I've observed it several times since the game released.

Anyway OT: I'm not surprised about the adjustment at all (we have them every year and PS3 usually benefits the most). How we got to them, OK cool, let's hear about it, but it's not that big a deal.

LBP2 seems to have opened higher than it's predecessor, which is never a bad thing. It may have caused the sales of the console to remain steady, which I figured it may do.

GT5 continues to hold strong.

I didn't start the "GT5 will fail to sell" thread, and a lot of people here assumed the game will sell above 10 million. I still don't think it will, and I'm just pointing out to people that even with a holiday boost the game only matched GT4 sales during the first 7 weeks or so. It's, it's week 1 numbers did fool me a bit, but I still stand by 8.5-9.4 million.

What I'm saying is consistant, you only pick out the bad, and talk down to me on that. You hear me talk about GT5 sales negatively because people here don't like hearing (this PS3 game won't sell well, or this 360 game will), so they try to change my views. You can see it yourself in the "Most Wanted" section of this website, when multiplatform games get 10x as many votes on the PS3 over 360.

I mean you yourself point out my GT5 comment, but ignore my comment about poor Halo, Forza and in general 360 software sales, and ignore my comment on Mass Effect 2 and LBP sales.

Nothing wrong with that, but I'm not going to change my opinion just because we see people here more optimistic about one games sales.

GT5 hasn't been in the top 10 for several weeks, I think my opinion is valid.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

CGI-Quality said:
kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

themanwithnoname said:

It's not that big of a deal when a console is adjusted out of the blue by almost 2 million units? What's a big deal then?

I mean, as an observer of this site for almost two years, I can honestly say that we don't have the foggiest clue what actually goes on in EMEAA.

It's only a big deal to people who make it their lives to stress it. To me, it's not a big deal, and I'm not going to question how we got the numbers. And again, the PS3 seems to always benefit the most, telling me it is probably the harder console to track. So it's not too surprising.

If people can find a better source than VGC for tracking this region, they should share it (and that isn't a swipe at you). Otherwise, we shouldn't complain/gripe about something we offer little hand to help with. That's why it isn't a big deal (although I made it clear that hearing how we got there is still welcome).

If you'll pardon me butting in.... but that doesnt make sense.

The PS3 has indirectly benefitted.  It is the 360 that has been adjusted so therefore it would appear that the 360 is harder to track... which it isnt as it is represented in the fewest markets.  The PS3 has had hardly any adjustemnt comparitively so it is being tracked just fine...  your statement is the opposite of the actual position.

I dont think most people are complaining, they are wondering why,  nothing new has come toi light in the last 24 hours, the MS niumbers are due in less than a few hours... so why now?  It is a perfectly reasonable and valid question.

I didn't say the concerns weren't reasonable, I said they aren't a big deal (which they aren't). Adjustments happen, the nature of tracking numbers (which I'm sure you should know), so all anyone can do is wait for word from the man.

As for what you quoted, I have the adjustment backwards, but I stand by the point. The PS3 is the console who's numbers are the most spread about, so I would think it's harder to track. 

If you ever really pay attention to the numbers on VGC, PS3 numbers get adjusted the most. So CGI your right. Just with every large adjustment people will whine, and with Kinect performing so well it's unusual to see an adjustment downwards for the 360, but not the Kinect, and just days before their press conference.

PS3 does get the most adjustments, remember last September they randomly added nearly 2 million sales, with 1 million atributted to 2 years of prior sales in hard to track regions? Normally PS3 adjustments are small though.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:
yo_john117 said:

This has happened to the 360 this holiday what 3 times now?

ethomaz said:
Biddles said:

Wait a minute what were the overall numbers for Xbox 360 and PS3 before the adjustments?

Before...

Wii: 84,821,070
360: 51,275,729
PS3: 46,691,147

After (not counting this EMEAA numbers)...

Wii: 84,266,870 (down ~600k)
360: 50,947,114 (down ~300k)
PS3: 46,780,055 (up ~100k)

* Previous numbers got here: http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/83653/2011-year-on-year-sales-and-market-share-update-to-january-15th/
* New numbers got here: http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=40566

Edit - Yeah I checked again... PS3 up after adjustments.

Why do people keep saying the 360 was brought down by 2 million then? I thought that was fishy :P

stopstopp said:
AussieGecko said:
yo_john117 said:

This is why you should take VGC data with a grain of salt. PS3 was adjusted up 3 times last August-September alone, and some were big, 2 million in one case. Early 2010, they reported PS3 surpassing EMEAA sales in mind the gaps, and 360 was catching up. It was 45k behind in EMEAA total until the adjustment last August.

Michael-5 said:
stopstopp said:
AussieGecko said:
yo_john117 said:

This is why you should take VGC data with a grain of salt. PS3 was adjusted up 3 times last August-September alone, and some were big, 2 million in one case. Early 2010, they reported PS3 surpassing EMEAA sales in mind the gaps, and 360 was catching up. It was 45k behind in EMEAA total until the adjustment last August.

Yeah really, it was adjusted down below 50 million then right back up to previous numbers (or near it) the next day.
I was like lolwat?

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:

GT5 hasn't been in the top 10 for several weeks, I think my opinion is valid.

The game has been out for two months, why would it remain in the Top 10 1 month and change after release without any continuous heavy bundling? Very, very few titles have ever done that.

And really, it's #12 after two months. That's fantastic, and again, something most franchises don't do.

Very very few titles sell 5 million units after the first couple months. Looking at Gran Turismo 4, it was the best selling game for 10 weeks after it's EMEAA release, and then held second for the next five, third for one week, and then back to first. This game stayed in the top 10 for 24 weeks before it finally dropped out.

How can you except GT5 to sell the same, when it's nowhere near the best selling weekly title, and it's sales are plummeting after holiday release?

Being in the top 10 for over a month is hard, only a few games ever do this. However these are the games with strong legs, that sell 10 million or more units. Halo, Call of Duty, older GT's, GTA's they all do it, but GT5 doesn't.

I have adaquate reasoning to beleive GT5 will sell within my predicted range of 8.5-9.4 million lifetime. Stop hassling me on it now, your not going to change my opinion, especially when you can't back up your side. You need to respect other peoples views, especially when they are different then your own.