By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 3DS vs PSP2 (NGP) battle: Who will win the console wars ?

HappySquirrel pretty much nailed it. Sales analyst, the gaming press, and more important 3rd party developers assumed the PSP would be dominate and the PSP still got rolled by the DS 2 to 1 in sales. 3DS is getting good third party support from the beginning. A head start, lower price point, and good third party support is going to be difficult for the PSP2 to overcome.

Around the Network

The 3DS is launching a year beofre PSP2 even hits the market. Not only that but its predessor was market leader. Tge last system to have this advantage was PS2 and we all know how bad it beat is competion. It looks like nintendo is doing the same plan as the ds and focus on getting the old userbase on the new one and expand from there

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Chibi.V.29 said:

To be honest though the second apple inevitable bring 3d to their device the marketing appeal of it will die out. Where as having something like the power of the psp2 will take alot longer to develop.

Power is easier to do than 3D.

You can't play 3D on a touchscreen because your fingers will kill the effect.

Darc Requiem said:

HappySquirrel pretty much nailed it. Sales analyst, the gaming press, and more important 3rd party developers assumed the PSP would be dominate and the PSP still got rolled by the DS 2 to 1 in sales. 3DS is getting good third party support from the beginning. A head start, lower price point, and good third party support is going to be difficult for the PSP2 to overcome.

the psp2 will never do it because of ninten dogs and cats the biggest system seller ever.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

mai said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

To be honest though the second apple inevitable bring 3d to their device the marketing appeal of it will die out. Where as having something like the power of the psp2 will take alot longer to develop.

This coin has two sides. Pricey games, longer dev cycles, bigger budgets.

And once again it's too early to dismiss the biggest contributor to DS success- Nintendo games - as it turns out, they're harder to emulate, be it Apple or Sony.

And yet the GameCube still lost 7:1 against the ps2 despite "Nintendo games" ;) Lolz xD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network

I understand that having a portable PS3 sounds cool in theory, but isn't that a bit redundant? I dunno about you guys but I like my home console and handheld experiences to be different. Sure, people who are really into trophies will probably eat this up but what about the average consumer? 

Lucas-Rio said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Power is easier to do than 3D.

You can't play 3D on a touchscreen because your fingers will kill the effect.

All you need for 3d is the 3d screen. Nintendo didnt even ivent it there ussing the ones sharp have been using in there phones for last year. With power you need to be very carfull that the power if correctly balanced out. They are all compatible. heat issues etc etc.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

xeroxm3 said:

I understand that having a portable PS3 sounds cool in theory, but isn't that a bit redundant? I dunno about you guys but I like my home console and handheld experiences to be different. Sure, people who are really into trophies will probably eat this up but what about the average consumer?

psp2 has a touch screen, gyro accelators(or whatever theyr called), its not a ps3. yes its going to have ps3 ports. but its not the ps3 experience going handheld, its using aspects of the ps3 to improve, and to make it more social.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

where does it state Sony is taking a loss for the PSP2 ?

if this is true, can someone reitarate something for me ? has/does every single manufactor loose money on new consoles ? and did Son loose money on the launch of the PS2 ? or is just in the new gen ps3/PSP2 (if what you guys are saying is true about them loosing money on the PSP2 that is... )

sexc_abbas said:

where does it state Sony is taking a loss for the PSP2 ?

if this is true, can someone reitarate something for me ? has/does every single manufactor loose money on new consoles ? and did Son loose money on the launch of the PS2 ? or is just in the new gen ps3/PSP2 (if what you guys are saying is true about them loosing money on the PSP2 that is... )

Sony lost money on PS2 , PSP and PS3. Microsoft lost money on Xbox and 360.

Selling the PSP2 at loss is hardly a news.