By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are all the good PSP games?

leo-j said:
@superchunk

Dude the psp has over 320 games with the ds about 380 games. The problem is that PIRACY has taken all sales.

Sony was stupid and should have stopped dark_alex, but naw they let him continue as he broke the firmware.

you got a point but there are pirate games on ds too

i have a psp and i haven't play any game on it for a while, i just use it as a PMP 

Around the Network
pearljammer said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
@superchunk

Dude the psp has over 320 games with the ds about 380 games. The problem is that PIRACY has taken all sales.

Sony was stupid and should have stopped dark_alex, but naw they let him continue as he broke the firmware.

Sony like Apple only half heartidly battle piracy because they are expected too by the software and music companies. However they secretly support it because it makes their hardware more popular. Otherwise the DS would blow them out even more to where they couldn't really attempt a PSP2.

Uh, Sony is both a software and a music company as well as a hardware company. So, I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about here?

Better to have just your software a failure then your software AND hardware. The big companies know that piracy doesn't really hurt the bottom line but they pretend it does to leverage things their way politically... they just have to atleast half heartitidly fight it however to reap said benfits.

Not only does the PSP have a lot of its own great sofware, but it also plays PSN and PS1 games (legally) now.

It's also great to play movies and music.  The new firmware supports streaming audio as well.

People are still blaming pirate for lack of sales?

It's just that there are choices and people prefer the games on other systems and use the psp for multimedia purposes.

Galaki said:

It's just that there are choices and people prefer the games on other systems and use the psp for multimedia purposes.

Unfortunatly for the PSP the #1 reason for bad software sales is a massive ammount of piracy ... just like for the DC wast , the only diffference is that the PSP survived and doing great hardware sales wise :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I just bought Killzone Liberation at EB games for $35, since I for one loved the original Killzone unlike most PS3 fans here who are looking forward to Killzone 2. I didn't think liberation was that good because of the overhead view which is kind of hard to play, but for $35 bucks, wasn't a bad buy. I really wish PSP had 2 analog sticks so you could play FPS games easier.

Next game i'll buy is prob syphon filter.

hongkongfuey^2 said:
I just bought Killzone Liberation at EB games for $35, since I for one loved the original Killzone unlike most PS3 fans here who are looking forward to Killzone 2. I didn't think liberation was that good because of the overhead view which is kind of hard to play, but for $35 bucks, wasn't a bad buy. I really wish PSP had 2 analog sticks so you could play FPS games easier.

Next game i'll buy is prob syphon filter.

Dont forget to download the extra missions and the online multiplayer patch ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

None of them are a scratch on phoenix wright

hunter_alien said:
Galaki said:

Unfortunatly for the PSP the #1 reason for bad software sales is a massive ammount of piracy ... just like for the DC wast , the only diffference is that the PSP survived and doing great hardware sales wise :)

Totally untrue. Piracy is just the excuse people make for it. Piracy is what keeps the PSP around and surviving hardware wise. All the legitimate studies i've seen on piracy has shown that it infact doesn't effect sales of the pirated products at all. There are few cases where people would of bought it retial and instead pirate it... and those cases are usually offest by people who become interested in new games, or just their interest grows from being exposed to games they normally would never buy. The number 1 reason PSP software is low is because it sells to technofiles and "hardcore" gamers, who are the most likely to pirate, or have done similar acts such as Mod their consoles to play import games. Most of these people would perfer to turn their PSPs into thigns like PDFs and portable emulators for systems like the SNES. If the hacking option didn't exist these people woildn't of even have thought to of bought a PSP.

i think a better question is why are third party companies still making psp games?

im not against the psp at all, it just seems that with piracy the sales are really low. only a few games seem to sell really well, while most others fail. howcome the publishers all havent left the psp and moved to something like the ds instead?

whats keeping them developing for the psp?