By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where are all the good PSP games?

@superchunk

Dude the psp has over 320 games with the ds about 380 games. The problem is that PIRACY has taken all sales.

Sony was stupid and should have stopped dark_alex, but naw they let him continue as he broke the firmware.

mM
Around the Network

@leo-j

Are you serious? I have no data to back my theory up. But without a link I don't believe you. There is no way the PSP is that close to the DS in game selection. Every market leader has had a major advantage in its game catalog.

I call Shenanigans.

In fact a quick look at the two lists on wikipedia supports my theory, granted I am sure they are both missing games, however, that is probably an equal loss.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Portable_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_DS_games

PSP has plenty of good games. Its not the largest or most diverse library, but its fairly good.

There also happen to be some pretty good japanese arcade collections, if you have an issue with emulating things.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

@superchunk

Gametrailers comparison(about a year ago) said the psp had 280 with Ds at 300.

mM

Some games people haven't mentioned that I've liked quite a bit:

Loco Roco, Twisted Metal, Wipeout Pure, Castlevania Dracula X, Brave Story, Puzzle Quest, Metal Gear Portable Ops, Killzone Liberation, 2 GTAs.

And I can already think of four games with a lot of potential for next year:

God of War, Crisis Core: FFVII, Wipeout Pulse, and Patapon.

I'm personally incredibly satisfied with the system so far, and the future is looking quite bright.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

@jman

Out of all those games expect FF VII to sell the most, and Kingdom hearts: Birth by sleep to be a close secound.

mM

Wow, I completely forgot about Kingdom Hearts. Is that supposed to come out in '08? I'm guessing it's only confirmed for Japan at this point, though. Either way, that makes the PSP so much better in my eyes.

Considering how well Square games have been doing on the platform, I'm thinking the PSP is just gonna get more support from them. I just saw FFXII: Revenant Wings sales, and by DS standards it's pretty much a flop in America. I know the FF remakes have done really well on the DS, but it's looking like the PSP might turn into Square's go-to handheld.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

And the games coming out next year!!!!! Amazing!

-FF7 Crisis Core
-Clank
-GoW CoO
-Patapon
-Wipeout
Thats only some of them, seriously PSP has great games.

PSP reminds me of N64 in terms of
-expected winner
-prices
-format problems (inverse problem of carts really)
-superior graphics
-game selection

IGN has reviewed 493 DS games and 371 PSP games ...