By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is Reggie confirming some of Nintendo's heaviest hitters arent at launch

Now for a month or so their have been rumours flying around that LOZ:OoT would be a launch title here in America. At both the Nintendo Europe and NOA conferances LOZ, MarioKart and Paper Mario were shown to press which made them look like launch titles. Infact NOE's video of the titles they said to expect at launch included Paper Mario and I believe MarioKart/LOZ.

However today I go on VGChartz GamrFeed and read the news

Regarding the seeming lack of hard-hitting franchises at the actual launch, Reggie commented “Mario, Zelda, all of those titles are coming. From our perspective, we like to launch titles when they’re ready,” he said. “And so they’ll be ready, they’ll be ready soon. Just not in that initial time period of late March to early June.”

Now I'm wondering if he was only refering to new entries in the core franchise. Because Paper Mario is a Mario title and so is MarioKart. LOZ:OoT isn't exactly a mainstream new Zelda title it is a port, does Reggies comment mean no OoT by June or is he saying no new entry by June (If so that is pretty obvious).

So is Reggie confirming no MarioKart, Paper Mario and LOZ:OoT at launch? If so I hope Animal Crossing and Kid Icarus still make the launch window as I am interested in them too.

So if no Mario games or the OoT port come are you going to be dissapointed? I myself will be glad less titles to worry about buying at launch. But I have a feeling not everyone shares that sentiment. What about you?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Ok, so that means the launch line-up will rely heavily on SSF4

Not sure why people are expecting anything other than Nintendogs, Pilotwings and Steel Diver between launch and E3..

It's been pretty clear that all the games Nintendo have shown are going to be spread out as not ensure no software droughts occur. Also if you look back at any console launch ever, you'll find that you're not gonna have all of these heavy hitting first party titles in the first year of availability let alone in a two - three month timespan.. As such my guess is the games will launch in an order like this:

Q2:

Nintendogs plus Cats

Pilotwings Resort

Steel Diver

Q3:

The Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D

Q4:

Paper Mario 3DS

Kid Icarus: Uprising

2012:

Mario Kart 3DS 

Animal Crossing 3DS

Man there are so many games coming to the 3DS that I want not to mention all the older GB games you can Download

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859

puffy said:

Not sure why people are expecting anything other than Nintendogs, Pilotwings and Steel Diver between launch and E3..

It's been pretty clear that all the games Nintendo have shown are going to be spread out as not ensure no software droughts occur.

I would usually agree and I didn't expect any of these titles at launch. Well I thought their would be one heavy hitter availible. That was until I watched the Nintendo Conference in Europe. When the Nintendo rep specifically said lets look at the launch line-up. I didn't expect to see all those Nintendo titles there, I then looked over the feed from the New York event a similiar statement was made their about several Nintendo titles coming within the launch window.

I think myself included and many gamers got our hopes to high when we saw this trailer. Nintendo of Europe should not have put titles in that trailer that weren't coming during the launch window. They specifically said launch titles. Then Nintendo Of America said 30 titles within the launch window. But how many games did they show at their event? Not thirty I don't think.

In the end it makes no sense for Nintendo to launch these titles during the launch window. However they did lead us to believe they would be. Also at E3 I expect Nintendo to show off even more 3DS titles for Q4 2011 through Q1-2 2012, I doubt that all these titles will be spread that thin. I'd guess MarioKart might be and so could one or two of the other titles (Note StarFox was absent from the Nintendo Europe trailer (If I recall correctly) Which would indicate it may be a late 2011 title early 2012.

But as I said Nintendo of Europe clearly stated those titles were launch window titles. They shouldn't have done so if they weren't.

-JC7

Around the Network

pretty weak launch if true and will be almost as weak of PS3 launch with just Resistence..

and we all know where PS3 is in the console race.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

If Pilotwings resort is a launch title then I'm happy enough, since I pre-ordered it, I can wait for heavy hitters.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

kingofwale said:

pretty weak launch if true and will be almost as weak of PS3 launch with just Resistence..

Nintendogs (DS)
Nintendo
9.70 1.93 12.41 24.04
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
1.51 0.14 2.08 3.73

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
kingofwale said:

Nintendogs (DS)
Nintendo
9.70 1.93 12.41 24.04
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
1.51 0.14 2.08 3.73

Yah not so weak. Nintendogs is a heavy hitter. Its just more casual then other titles Nintendo could have released. But I gotta admit anything that sells 24-million is deserving of being a launch title, its just not software I'm particularily interested in. But I already know of a few games I'm thinking of picking up so Nintendo's heavy hitters would just mean more games which I can't really afford.

-JC7

kingofwale said:

The DS's launch was a fair bit weaker, in point of fact.