PS3 and Wii battle for Japan 2011 edition

Wii will outsell PS3 by big margin 98 10.35%

Wii will slightly outsell PS3 99 10.45%

PS3 and Wii will be statistically tied 44 4.65%

PS3 will slightly outsell Wii 292 30.83%

PS3 will outsell PS3 by big margin 341 36.01%

who cares ? 70 7.39%

Total:944

Good job. You might want to take a look at http://news.dengeki.com/soft/schedule/ for the release schedule. Also, maybe a bit of color won't hurt ;)

It feels weird not updating it anymore, so good luck :D

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I think that the Wii will outsell the PS3 in Japan in 2011 by a good amount.

Something tells me the Wii isn't as bad off as people think. I.M.O a comeback will certainly happen soon enough.

Isnt Tales of Xillia and FF13-2 out this year in Japan, those could probabily help somewhere down the line, but it seems it will probabily say at constant now, seeing as the PS3 did come very close last year, but lost out during the holiday season.

*Sound Of Rain said:

Something tells me the Wii isn't as bad off as people think. I.M.O a comeback will certainly happen soon enough.

Your prophecies are baseless... Taking into account what's coming up for each platform there surely won't be a comeback "soon enough". Perhaps in the second half, but this year is in the bag for the PS3 IMO.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Your prophecies are baseless... Taking into account what's coming up for each platform there surely won't be a comeback "soon enough". Perhaps in the second half, but this year is in the bag for the PS3 IMO.

Fair enough, but IMO the Wii will easily outsell PS3 in Japan this year.

Vitality Sensor is the main(but not only) reason Wii>PS3 in Japan for 2011.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

VS can be very big. True, but it has to be announced soon. Wii's momentum is going down the drain as fast as it went up last holidays. 6 weeks of good sales don't make up for 46 of bad sales.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

If DQX comes out this year, Wii will win, if not, PS3 will. Simple as that.

PS3 will accumulate a greater and greater lead over Wii the majority of the year, but Wii will make most make most of it (if not all) during the holiday season. Add the factor of DQX and that would surely put Wii over the top.

Though sales in Japan seem to be inverted to the rest of the world, so who knows..

trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

VS can be very big. True, but it has to be announced soon. Wii's momentum is going down the drain as fast as it went up last holidays. 6 weeks of good sales don't make up for 46 of bad sales.

They could considering how much larger the lead is during the holidays compared to the other 11 months. If PS3 only outsells Wii by say 5,000 a week on average (which seems accurate enough), but Wii soars past it during the holiday, selling a couple hundred thousand more than PS3 during the holiday weeks, like it did last holiday, suddenly the Wii is right back in it.

trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Yeah, IMO Nintendo made a big mistake in 2010 by not releasing any HUGE system pushing games causing Wii's Holiday momentum to slow at a fast pace...in Japan and Worldwide. 

2006 had Wii Sports

2007 had Wii Play(it may have only been because it was bundled with a Wii Remote but it still pushed systems.)

2008 had both Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit

2009 had Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii

2010 had...? That is the problem. Nintendo released many big and decent Wii games in 2010 but nothing HUGE like with the 20 Million plus sellers mentioned above.

It will all come down to if Nintendo has a HUGE Wii game or not in 2011...IMO that game/games will have something to do with the V.S and that alone will be enough for the Wii to come out on top.

It would be different if Move was successful in Japan but as of now it failed.

*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
trestres said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Yeah, IMO Nintendo made a big mistake in 2010 by not releasing any HUGE system pushing games causing Wii's Holiday momentum to slow at a fast pace...in Japan and Worldwide. 

2006 had Wii Sports

2007 had Wii Play(it may have only been because it was bundled with a Wii Remote but it still pushed systems.)

2008 had both Mario Kart Wii and Wii Fit

2009 had Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii

2010 had...? That is the problem. Nintendo released many big and decent Wii games in 2010 but nothing HUGE like with the 20 Million plus sellers mentioned above.

It will all come down to if Nintendo has a HUGE Wii game or not in 2011...IMO that game/games will have something to do with the V.S and that alone will be enough for the Wii to come out on top.

It would be different if Move was successful in Japan but as of now it failed.

Yeah, but really, what HUGE game could Nintendo have up their sleeve for the Wii this holiday? Especially when you look at the 3DS as well...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.