By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wagram said:

Damn, they really did do it. He resigned.

btw estimates put todays protesters as the most ever

with estimates of atleast 15 to 20 million

Around the Network

Congratulations to the Egyptian people.

Congratulations EGYPT!!! :D

Will the army be in charge until the september elections or will they be appointing a new president soon?

Packie said:

Congratulations EGYPT!!! :D

Will the army be in charge until the september elections or will they be appointing a new president soon?

yes the army is supposed to be in charge. if they appointed another president elections should take place within 60 days of the president being appointed which seems alittle bit hard

tears of joy i never dreamed of this day 

Around the Network
elticker said:
dib8rman said:

=/ I really can't see why anyone would want Mubarak out of power.

If the people's party wins it wil be an Islamic Nationalism or a Islamic "democratic" autocracy.

The people of Egypt just aren't ready for a Democracy at all, it's just another Arabian in struggle only this time they can't blame the US... nevermind.

A brief history on Mubarak though: Mubarak is a Egyptian nationalist, and used to be a very lax guy until his boss was killed in front of him by members of the Islamic Brotherhood. Since then he only helped Egypt on a secular path in the same way his boss did. At some point though his issues became Egypts issues and thus the Mubarak we have today. He litterally see's the welfare of Egypt as his own. If anyone here follows his interviews you would know he's stubborn as hell so he has the make shift parts of a dictator.

Egypts economical issues were not his fault either, the place is filled with very ignorant folk who... first off Egypt is heavily bent on it's agricultural sector  and so it doesn't help when you kill off your live stock at a whim of some virus, especially when you've just gone through 3 famines.

What I think is Mubaraks fault though is his issue with pigs. =/ If it weren't for his idiotic decision with the pigs Cairo would be a nice place to live still... live poor but still live.

we have suez canal, tourism, gas, oil so no it was his issue we are now in debt of 880 billion us dollars. when he first came to power it was only 12 billion. live poor what you don't know how hard it is to live in egypt some people work 3 jobs and can barely find money for bread to survive thats not his fualt. graduates of all faculties can't find jobs so this isn't his fualt nothing is right. he give gas to israel for shit prices, almost for free when he sells it to his own poeple for full price that isn't his fualt. 30 years is a heck of a longtime to make economic reforms, what he did in it was increase egyptains debt by 868 billion dolars that nothing dam i get that in one day of work. Please you don't live in egypt so don't speack about life in egypt. All he did all these years was working for the good of israel, US rather than the good of his people. heck he stole 70 billion dollars from us and his associates stole just as much if not more.  

People in the middle east and North Africa... All having it hard to make a descent living... That was all because of Mubarak?  Food prices going up....Mubaraks fault?  You know whole the world saw an increase of foodprices :s;..only in NA/Eu people don't feel it so much l..And you know what the next 5 years the food prices will going up...

Egypt is doing better than average in the region in  Unemployement rate, one of the few countries who saw in 2010 a debt decrease, Sure the debt is high with being 80% of the GDP but that is lower than countries as UK/Germany/France, while having also one of the best GDP growths in the region etc...and talking about the people living under the poverty line;..Egypt is also doing average in it... If Mubarak was replaced ten years ago by someone else the chance is small that person would have done better for the economic part atleast..

And dib8rman may not speak about Egypt because he does not live their?  while you are already mentioned in this thread you don't live their aswell...?  That is harsh..

Incredible. Let's celebrate.

elticker said:
Wagram said:

Before or after mubarak resigned?

Lostplanet22 said:
elticker said:
dib8rman said:

=/ I really can't see why anyone would want Mubarak out of power.

If the people's party wins it wil be an Islamic Nationalism or a Islamic "democratic" autocracy.

The people of Egypt just aren't ready for a Democracy at all, it's just another Arabian in struggle only this time they can't blame the US... nevermind.

A brief history on Mubarak though: Mubarak is a Egyptian nationalist, and used to be a very lax guy until his boss was killed in front of him by members of the Islamic Brotherhood. Since then he only helped Egypt on a secular path in the same way his boss did. At some point though his issues became Egypts issues and thus the Mubarak we have today. He litterally see's the welfare of Egypt as his own. If anyone here follows his interviews you would know he's stubborn as hell so he has the make shift parts of a dictator.

Egypts economical issues were not his fault either, the place is filled with very ignorant folk who... first off Egypt is heavily bent on it's agricultural sector  and so it doesn't help when you kill off your live stock at a whim of some virus, especially when you've just gone through 3 famines.

What I think is Mubaraks fault though is his issue with pigs. =/ If it weren't for his idiotic decision with the pigs Cairo would be a nice place to live still... live poor but still live.

we have suez canal, tourism, gas, oil so no it was his issue we are now in debt of 880 billion us dollars. when he first came to power it was only 12 billion. live poor what you don't know how hard it is to live in egypt some people work 3 jobs and can barely find money for bread to survive thats not his fualt. graduates of all faculties can't find jobs so this isn't his fualt nothing is right. he give gas to israel for shit prices, almost for free when he sells it to his own poeple for full price that isn't his fualt. 30 years is a heck of a longtime to make economic reforms, what he did in it was increase egyptains debt by 868 billion dolars that nothing dam i get that in one day of work. Please you don't live in egypt so don't speack about life in egypt. All he did all these years was working for the good of israel, US rather than the good of his people. heck he stole 70 billion dollars from us and his associates stole just as much if not more.  

People in the middle east and North Africa... All having it hard to make a descent living... That was all because of Mubarak?  Food prices going up....Mubaraks fault?  You know whole the world saw an increase of foodprices :s;..only in NA/Eu people don't feel it so much l..And you know what the next 5 years the food prices will going up...

Egypt is doing better than average in the region in  Unemployement rate, one of the few countries who saw in 2010 a debt decrease, Sure the debt is high with being 80% of the GDP but that is lower than countries as UK/Germany/France, while having also one of the best GDP growths in the region etc...and talking about the people living under the poverty line;..Egypt is also doing average in it... If Mubarak was replaced ten years ago by someone else the chance is small that person would have done better for the economic part atleast..

And dib8rman may not speak about Egypt because he does not live their?  while you are already mentioned in this thread you don't live their aswell...?  That is harsh..

he probably never even went to egypt. atleasti  go to it every year and i have relatives and friends their so i kind of know how it hard it is to live in egypt he doesn't.

Also egypt is not a country which likes to settle with average egyptain pride doesn't want ot settle for average or a little above average. police treats us like shit they can arrest anyone any time without a reason due to law 88 the emergency law. we have so much resources that us doing average is a very shameful thing. look at us at the days of the sadat, we protested in 1977 because meat prices went up to an egyptain pound, know its 80, i doubt that the world have had an 80x increase in prices. you will never understand. we egyptains don't want that average crap, our pride and honour can't allow us to settle for average. we were once the leaders of all the arab worlds, now we are below average country. i doubt that any us guy would lik,e his countries economy, employement rate, poverty line to go to average.

Slimebeast said:
elticker said:
Wagram said:

Before or after mubarak resigned?

before i think the numbers will increase as people go down to party and celebrate

I wish i was in egypt, i know i was part of the revolution by supporting it on hte internet in school and i am proud to have been. I would have been happier to be in egypt and go to tahrir square but ahh well one can't get everything.

I will go and party even if i am not in egypt.

also the whole arab world is celebrating not only egypt as the arab world has risen and fallen with egypt we rised so did the arab world we fell so did the arab world. celebrations in bahrain, lebanon, palestine, qatar.

I hope we can regain our former glory. we have to get rid of corruption which is estimated to take about 40% of the peoples money.