By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can Egyptians do it?

Can Egyptians change their country and lives like the Tunisians did? Every Arabic citizen is watching closely with high expectations and hopefull hopes. I still haven't recovered from the Tunisian surprise and how brave those people are. I always thought arabs were trapped in a full circle and there would never be a way out but I thought so wrong.

Go Egyptians and make the impossible , the future is yours <3

our prayers/positive energy/optimistic waves are with you...

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Can Egyptians change their country and lives like the Tunisians did? Every Arabic citizen is watching closely with high expectations and hopefull hopes. I still haven't recovered from the Tunisian surprise and how brave those people are. I always thought arabs were trapped in a full circle and there would never be a way out but I thought so wrong.

Granted, Egypt is not a democracy, but you do know who will get to power if this happens in Egypt, right? Which makes me wonder - are you also hopeful that the Iranians "do it"?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Granted, Egypt is not a democracy, but you do know who will get to power if this happens in Egypt, right? Which makes me wonder - are you also hopeful that the Iranians "do it"?

what do you mean? are Iranians protesting right now?

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

No, they protested last year. Now they are too afraid.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

No, they protested last year.

The protesters are asking Mubarks (Hossni and his son) and thier party not to take part in the next elections.  Why wouldn't anyone want them to "do it"...... and I have no idea why are you asking me about Iran...

Around the Network
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

The protesters are asking Mubarks (Hossni and his son) and thier party not to take part in the next elections.  Why wouldn't anyone want them to "do it"...... and I have no idea why are you asking me about Iran...

Because the Iran regime is far worse. And what will probably replace the current Egyptian regime will most likely be an Iran-like regime (actually run from Iran).

bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:
bmmb1 said:
sad.man.loves.vgc said:

Because the Iran regime is far worse. And what will probably replace the current Egyptian regime will most likely be an Iran-like regime (actually run from Iran).

egypt has so much potentail its limited not only by the government but by how people think in egypt. The way people think in egypt has changed to the worse until they fix themselves even if the president gets changed egypt wont rise up again.

We still don't know what will happen in Tunisia, though i would say signs are hopeful for something Lebanon-esque, which would be much more workable without a strong Islamic Extremist party in the mix.

Egypt will likely be all the more volatile if Mubarak goes down, but there is hope

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

there are several others that could use a good revolution before this happens.  the last thing the region needs is the rise of another extremist state.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Well hopefully the coptics can receive some sort of regional atomnity or however you spell it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive