By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2 specs leaked out? HOLY DAMN!

Another big problem with Android is going to be piracy. It's not even released yet and it's already running pirate sofware/emulators.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Onibaka said:
Darth Tigris said:
Galaki said:
puffy said:

But power was never the issue with the PSP, the games were the issue, so hopefully Sony has that sorted this time around.

Games on PSP were mostly console games on small screen. It lacked identity.

If PSP2 can pull off being unique, then it will have a chance at selling more than PSP.

That's what they thought people wanted.  Does anyone think they've learned anything if these specs are true?

From what I see in 3DS, 90% of the games coming out are "console games on small screens" in the same way that PSP games are, using your logic.

EXACTLY!

Grimes said:

Another big problem with Android is going to be piracy. It's not even released yet and it's already running pirate sofware/emulators.

My guess is that if it does indeed run android it will run a very custom rom with its own security and will not support the normal app store (it will be a PSN app store).

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:
Grimes said:

My guess is that if it does indeed run android it will run a very custom rom with its own security and will not support the normal app store (it will be a PSN app store).

The problem is that will make software updates more difficult and they are already one of the slowest companies to update their handsets. The android hackers have proven to be very fast to root the phones as well.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
dharh said:

The problem is that will make software updates more difficult and they are already one of the slowest companies to update their handsets. The android hackers have proven to be very fast to root the phones as well.

That's true but I kinda doubt we would get any faster firmware updates android or no android and I definitely don't think it would be more secure android or no android.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Shadowfest3 said:
puffy said:

Sounds about right, PSP2 should be similar to the PS3 in the same way as the PSP was similar to the PS2.

But power was never the issue with the PSP, the games were the issue, so hopefully Sony has that sorted this time around.

^This

For the most part the games on the PSP didn't appeal to me since I own a PS3 and could get the console version that was better.  Hopefully this time around the PSP 2 will have some unique games and actually FPS which I enjoy playing.  From my understanding isn't it suppose to have two analog sticks?

It may well have. But due to no official images, specs, prices etc., it's al speculation. Wait until tomorrow, it's for the best

Sweet!  I guess I can be patient until then.  Thanks :).

non-gravity said:

They will have to charge 250 for it if they want it to be succesfull

With these specs (if they're true) and a $250 price Sony would go out of business. Anything less than $399 and they would be hemorraging money.

Goodbye Sony, I'm buying a 3DS and play Megaman Legends 3 sorry but I can't afford a 400$ handheld.

When the 3DS price was announced, everyone was like "ugh, $250? That's like waaay overpriced", but people are willing to pay anything up to $600 for a PSP2? :(

On topic: I don't believe these numbers. I thought that the PSP2 is supposed to be released around 6 months after the 3DS - many of these components aren't even being produced yet. QUAD core? Definitely not. 

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Shadowfest3 said:
Conegamer said:
Shadowfest3 said:
puffy said:

Sounds about right, PSP2 should be similar to the PS3 in the same way as the PSP was similar to the PS2.

^This

For the most part the games on the PSP didn't appeal to me since I own a PS3 and could get the console version that was better.  Hopefully this time around the PSP 2 will have some unique games and actually FPS which I enjoy playing.  From my understanding isn't it suppose to have two analog sticks?

It may well have. But due to no official images, specs, prices etc., it's al speculation. Wait until tomorrow, it's for the best

Sweet!  I guess I can be patient until then.  Thanks :).

NP- though, waiting 1 day isn't really patient

Waiting 10-15 years for Earthbound to come over here? THAT'S patient!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.