By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reports of Sickness from Playing FPS Games are TRUE!

Reports of Sickness from Playing FPS Games are TRUE!

Yes, I get dizzy/moton si... 31 20.67%

I used to get sick but have overcome it 12 8.00%

No, no problem for me 70 46.67%

I am sick of threads with hysterical titles 37 24.67%

Total:150

lol this can't be serious

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Of course it isn't.

Just a damage control thread from Nintendo Defense Force.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Of course it isn't.

Wow guys, are you guys SO blinded by your bias that you think this problem is an invention? Unbelievable.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Zlejedi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Of course it isn't.

Wow guys, are you guys SO blinded by your bias that you think this problem is an invention? Unbelievable.

lol no I can't  believe how a single thread about the 3ds issue made you go to such lengths....good thing not many psp fans are like that around here if not damn, if we made threads like this for every psp/psp2 doom thread/post other fans make, we will need a new sub-forum

Some players can have issues playing FPS, I have a few friends who have the same issue. Same with 3D..my girlfriend (who adores the DS and Layton franchise btw) can't stand 3D, we learned the hard way with Avatar 3D where she got a migrane to the point of almost throwing up. Either scenario won't be an issue unless it gets some mainstream coverage from the media/word-of-mouth. For now no need to worry or panic

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Honestly, I think the problems with FP games will diminish as time goes on. More FP games are being released, more kids are playing games like CoD, Halo and Metroid meaning more children will have their brains wired and trained for the FP perspective.

Once again the problems of the current gen will be silenced by the loud screaming of the next generation...

Well, that's what I think anyway.

Around the Network
MadeInDK said:

Farmageddon# Why..?

Becourse I pointet out that the 3d sicness, not will be a topic, when people try it..?

Or becourse I point out that fps. will get a new life, in 3d..?

And hope you could see that i was ironic, and actually supported his point...?

It was a joke, take a look at what part of your post I had bolded.

Yeah i used to get this i think its called simulation sickness. but one of things i did enjoy was Killzone 2, mainly because of the weighty controls it took longer to turn your gun (camera), so my brain could cope with it. and i pushed through Bioshock so i could play what was a critcally acclaimed game.

the other problem is i find i get it because its supposed to be 1st person, but it always seems like the camera is too close to the ground. i think its to do with your brain not being able to register whats going on as real or just a simulation.

but i have to say i could play Killzone 2, and i look foward to Killzone 3, where the head of Gurella Games has said some people can get disorientated so they let you adjust the controls to suit your playstyle, and i think K3 will be awesome!!

I've maybe got sick twice from playing video games but that is because I had played them for like 7 hours straight lol.

@joecool  yeah VGchartz does seem like a safe haven for pro Ninty fans, have you been on IGN??? THe hate Ninty gets their is unreal. its like Xbox fan land over there

oniyide said:

@joecool  yeah VGchartz does seem like a safe haven for pro Ninty fans, have you been on IGN??? THe hate Ninty gets their is unreal. its like Xbox fan land over there

Yah I went to IGN too. Luckily I am not just a Ninty fan I also love my X-Box. But I think here on VGChartz I don't get as much flack for loving Nintendo (Almost none at all) or loving Microsoft (Some). I find its the most reasonable user base of many gaming forums.

But then you get a situation like my 3DS sickness thread and you realize their isn't really much tolerance for an opposing view. Despite being a massive Nintendo fan I get made fun off, written off as anti-Nintendo or get called a "Nintendo's Doomed" person.

Fact is I'm sure your not a Nintendo hater either. But voice an opinion that disagrees with Nintendo and suddenly your a anti-Nintendo guy lol. Oh wells I guess no forum is perfect.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer