By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reports of Sickness from Playing FPS Games are TRUE!

Reports of Sickness from Playing FPS Games are TRUE!

Yes, I get dizzy/moton si... 31 20.67%

I used to get sick but have overcome it 12 8.00%

No, no problem for me 70 46.67%

I am sick of threads with hysterical titles 37 24.67%

Total:150

I know my parents suffer from this, even on things like TV shows with first-person views of roller coasters. The camera moving too fast causes it.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

Is this some kind of response to disarm the 3DS sickness news?

DId you read the OP? I am not disarming anything, I have an issue with spectacular headlines when there are (unmeasured but real, significant) facts as to problems with FPS that never bothered anyone nor had seemed to affect sales. I have read previous posts of yours so I know you are a reasonable person, so ask yourself this - why do you think any 3DS news even need "disarming" and that such news would be potentially harmful to 3DS sales while you probably never thought much of people reporting getting motion sickness from FPS as potentially harmful to VG sales?

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

1. it's true -- some people get sick from fps games

2. yes the 3DS is doomed.  thanks for reinterating that for everyone.

I don't have a problem with FPS games. My brother does get motion sickness from them, though. Especially if it's on 60 FPS, or if it involves a very shaky camera.

And I voted option 4.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

It's not just fps games, my wife can't watch the screen when I'm racing in GT5. She also tends to get motion sickness in the car when she's not driving herself. Real driving simulator :/

Around the Network

ARE FPS DOOMED... WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT.. WHEN THE 3DS COMES OUT, THE FPS WILL GET A NEW LIFE.. THE REALISM AND 3D, WILL MAKE SOME OF THE BEST SHOTTERS EVER...?

AND IF FPS I DOOMED... WHAT ABOUT CARS.. I GET A LITLLE DRIVER SICK.. CARS IS DOOMED..

AND THAT 3DS "SIGHNESS REPORT"  DROP IT.. IT WAS 2 (SONY FANBOYS)..  2 REPORTET DIZZYNESS OUT OF 100.000 PEOPLE WHO HAD TRIED IT SO FAR.

ASK USELF. HOW MANY TIMES DID WE HEAR ABOUT 3D SICHNESS WHEN THE AVATAR CAME OUT.. AND HOW MANY AFTER 50.000.000 HAD SEEN IT... ZERO.. AND WHAT ABOUT SONY 3D GLASS PROJEKT... ZERO..

MadeInDK said:

ARE FPS IS DOOMED... WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT.. WHEN THE 3DS COMES OUT, THE FPE WILL GET A NEW LFE.. THE REALISM AND 3D, WILL MAKE SOME OF THE BEST SHOTTERS EVER...?

AND IF FPS I DOOMED... WHAT ABOUT CARS.. I GET A LITLLE DRIVER SICK.. CARS IS DOOMED..

AND THAT 3D "SIGHNESS REPORT"  DROP IT.. IT WAS 2 SONY FANBOYS..  OUT OF 100.000 THAT HAD TRIED THE 3DS NOW, WHO STARTED THAT.. 

ASK USELF. HOW MANY TIMES DID WE HEAR ABOUT 3DS SICHNESS WHEN THE AVATAR CAME OUT.. AND HOW MANY AFTER 50.000.000 HAD SEEN IT... ZERO.. AND WHAT ABOUT SONY 3D GLASS PROJEKT... ZERO..

???????????????????????????????????

CAN'T DECODE YOUR ???????????

MadeInDK said:
huaxiong90 said:

Never mind. Forget I asked. Have a good day.

huaxiong90 said:
MadeInDK said:
huaxiong90 said:
MadeInDK said:

ARE FPS IS DOOMED... WHAT ARE U TALKING ABOUT.. WHEN THE 3DS COMES OUT, THE FPE WILL GET A NEW LFE.. THE REALISM AND 3D, WILL MAKE SOME OF THE BEST SHOTTERS EVER...?

AND THAT 3D "SIGHNESS REPORT"  DROP IT.. IT WAS 2 SONY FANBOYS..  OUT OF 100.000 THAT HAD TRIED THE 3DS NOW, WHO STARTED THAT.. 

ASK USELF. HOW MANY TIMES DID WE HEAR ABOUT 3DS SICHNESS WHEN THE AVATAR CAME OUT.. AND HOW MANY AFTER 50.000.000 HAD SEEN IT... ZERO.. AND WHAT ABOUT SONY 3D GLASS PROJEKT... ZERO..

Never mind. Forget I asked. Have a good day.

IT'S OK... AND I EDITET A BIT , SO MAYBY U UNDERSTAND NOW..?