By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Reports of Sickness from Playing FPS Games are TRUE!

Reports of Sickness from Playing FPS Games are TRUE!

Yes, I get dizzy/moton si... 31 20.67%

I used to get sick but have overcome it 12 8.00%

No, no problem for me 70 46.67%

I am sick of threads with hysterical titles 37 24.67%

Total:150
Joelcool7 said:

Dude this is such a mock up of my thread. I'll clarify yet again it was not a 3DS is doomed thread. it was addressing the issue that 6% or less in the market will get sick from experiancing 3D technology. it wasn't a hate thread, it wasn't a doom thread  it was a simple observation.

Why is it everytime I create a thread that isn't 100% pro-Nintendo it gets called a Nintendo is D0omed thread. Fact is I am a major Nintendo fan probably more so then many of the other posters here. I have never made a Nintendo is Doomed thread and probubly will never make a Nintendo is doomed thread.

So take a chill pill and actually read my threads. This thread was sort of insulting (Not all that funny)

Ah,you obviously misunderstood, this thread is not mocking your post nor is it a parody, and if you read this thread, you will see there were mostly very serious responses, for the very simple reason that most understood it the way it was meant. I did borrow your thread's title style though (and admittedly I was mocking the title) because on the one hand it ws effective but on the other hand it came off rather, well, hysterical (sorry but that's the truth), CONTRARY to your actual OP which was well explained and made sense.

OT: This is not scientific, granted, but I find it very interesting that around 20% who responded here have issues with FP games (it is actiually more than 20% since at least a few people like me went for option 4 yet they also get motion sickness).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@joecool7  this is VGchartz, man. YOu know you cant do that without the knights of Ninty throwing a hissy fit (I got Rol on my butt about something right now, of all people) YOu seem to be one of the very few non dogmatic Ninty fans on this site. So you just keep making your threads

OT one of my friends did have that motion sickness problem, he couldnt play FPSs (he sold me his copy of MOH Frontline for cheap, which became my fav. FPS)

Yah their seems to be alot of very high opinions of Nintendo. Part of the reason I call VGChartz home because on other sites I was always flamed to hell for liking Nintendo. But honestly I love Nintendo but all companies have faults and not every decision they make is great P.S I am not refering to 3DS being a bad decision. I think its amazing. (Example of what I do mean however is Virtual Boy or liscensing Nintendo titles to Phillips, yes many try to justify it, but it wasn't the brightest move and thats okay because no company is perfect)

P.S- I had Rol mad at me a year or so ago. lol but he hasn't been on my back lately. Infact this is the first time I'm alittle upset with any post or thread on VGChartz. I will keep making my threads and defending them thanks for the support.

bmmb1 said:

Ah,you obviously misunderstood, this thread is not mocking your post nor is it a parody, and if you read this thread, you will see there were mostly very serious responses, for the very simple reason that most understood it the way it was meant. I did borrow your thread's title style though (and admittedly I was mocking the title) because on the one hand it ws effective but on the other hand it came off rather, well, hysterical (sorry but that's the truth), CONTRARY to your actual OP which was well explained and made sense.

I'm osrry if you intended it to be a serious thread about FPS titles making you sick but your OP below clearly takes a pot shot at my thread. Now yes the majority of the replies were good replies because the VGChartz community for the most part is the best online gaming community. But the OP was definatly hostile. See below!

bmmb1 said

So - are FPS games doomed? Last time I checked, they are doing better than ever... As you might have guessed by now, this isn't really about FPS, this is about the 3DS. Yes I am certain that some people will have problems with the 3D effect, same as some people still have problems with FP video games, but last time I checked, no threads proclaimed FPS doomed (at least not because of this effect on some people).

BTW, I voted for option 4.

Which thread are you refering too in the highlighted section. Because judging by your title it is fairly clear. So far I haven't seen any other threads recently about the 3DS motion sickness and my thread was certainly not a doomed thread. Also you clarify even more its an attack on my thread by saying you voted option four "I am sick of threads with hysterical titles". Another pot shot at my thread.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

bmmb1 said:
Mummelmann said:

Is this some kind of response to disarm the 3DS sickness news?

DId you read the OP? I am not disarming anything, I have an issue with spectacular headlines when there are (unmeasured but real, significant) facts as to problems with FPS that never bothered anyone nor had seemed to affect sales. I have read previous posts of yours so I know you are a reasonable person, so ask yourself this - why do you think any 3DS news even need "disarming" and that such news would be potentially harmful to 3DS sales while you probably never thought much of people reporting getting motion sickness from FPS as potentially harmful to VG sales?

For me, its rather the fact that I've never heard of people getting sick from playing FPS games (other than those faint of heart playing very violent ones, that is) so I don't really get the comparison.

PS: I don't think the 3DS reports will hurt sales at all, all the major Norwegian outlets seemed perfectly pleased and none of them (mysteriously) complained about sickness. The only letdown for them was the price (consumer electronics and consoles are deathly expensive here in Norway).

it would only take about 100,000 people worldwide for them to get worried xD In the UK if 100 people complain about 1 show it ends up in the papers P (yh im looking a u eastenders)

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Joelcool7 said:
oniyide said:

@joecool7  this is VGchartz, man. YOu know you cant do that without the knights of Ninty throwing a hissy fit (I got Rol on my butt about something right now, of all people) YOu seem to be one of the very few non dogmatic Ninty fans on this site. So you just keep making your threads

OT one of my friends did have that motion sickness problem, he couldnt play FPSs (he sold me his copy of MOH Frontline for cheap, which became my fav. FPS)

Yah their seems to be alot of very high opinions of Nintendo. Part of the reason I call VGChartz home because on other sites I was always flamed to hell for liking Nintendo. But honestly I love Nintendo but all companies have faults and not every decision they make is great P.S I am not refering to 3DS being a bad decision. I think its amazing. (Example of what I do mean however is Virtual Boy or liscensing Nintendo titles to Phillips, yes many try to justify it, but it wasn't the brightest move and thats okay because no company is perfect)

P.S- I had Rol mad at me a year or so ago. lol but he hasn't been on my back lately. Infact this is the first time I'm alittle upset with any post or thread on VGChartz. I will keep making my threads and defending them thanks for the support.

bmmb1 said:

I'm osrry if you intended it to be a serious thread about FPS titles making you sick but your OP below clearly takes a pot shot at my thread. Now yes the majority of the replies were good replies because the VGChartz community for the most part is the best online gaming community. But the OP was definatly hostile. See below!

bmmb1 said

So - are FPS games doomed? Last time I checked, they are doing better than ever... As you might have guessed by now, this isn't really about FPS, this is about the 3DS. Yes I am certain that some people will have problems with the 3D effect, same as some people still have problems with FP video games, but last time I checked, no threads proclaimed FPS doomed (at least not because of this effect on some people).

BTW, I voted for option 4.

Which thread are you refering too in the highlighted section. Because judging by your title it is fairly clear. So far I haven't seen any other threads recently about the 3DS motion sickness and my thread was certainly not a doomed thread. Also you clarify even more its an attack on my thread by saying you voted option four "I am sick of threads with hysterical titles". Another pot shot at my thread.

There were just a few days ago at least 2 threads running concurrently about the subject, have you been offline or something?  And while its content were ok, your thread title was totally sensationalist (and i stand by that). Last, by adding the 4th option, I was also taking a pot shot at my own title as well - regardless of whether true or not, my own title is sensationalist as well. Last, if it were not my intention to have a serious thread, I wouldn't have had 3 out of 4 serious options for you to choose from...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

If you call not being able to go a match without screaming obscenities that could wake the dead at the top of my lungs sickness, then yes I should be in a straitjacket and a padded room right now for my transgressions.

I have realized this and this is why the only game I play online is the World of Warcraft. Though, if you put me in a battleground such as Alterac Valley, then I will be worse because I am trying to armchair general the whole battle. Likewise, if I am ganked by a higher level while leveling a toon, then you best bet I have a sheet of paper with their name written down to hunt them down when I reach their level or higher.

This is why I stick to PvE. I take losing in PvP like an individual with Borderline Personality Disorder takes an insult...It hits at the core of my self esteem.

OMG Nintendo is Do0med!!

OT: no prob for me here.

oh and nice thread. it is funny how some people work ;)

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

bmmb1 said:

There were just a few days ago at least 2 threads running concurrently about the subject, have you been offline or something?  And while its content were ok, your thread title was totally sensationalist (and i stand by that). Last, by adding the 4th option, I was also taking a pot shot at my own title as well - regardless of whether true or not, my own title is sensationalist as well. Last, if it were not my intention to have a serious thread, I wouldn't have had 3 out of 4 serious options for you to choose from...

Alright I guess I may be over reacting abit. But it did seem like this thread was a low blow pot shot. If I am genuinly mistaken I am sorry. Also no I did not notice two other threads about the sickness in the last few days. I remember one on Jan 18th right after NintendoWorld in Japan which was a week ago or so. I have not read one since.

You may think the threads title was sensationalist, however the title was exactly what the thread was about.

Anyways I apologize if you did not intend to make a mock thread. Hope you and I both enjoy our 3DS's in its full 3D glory without barf bags lol :p

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Killiana1a said:

If you call not being able to go a match without screaming obscenities that could wake the dead at the top of my lungs sickness, then yes I should be in a straitjacket and a padded room right now for my transgressions.

I have realized this and this is why the only game I play online is the World of Warcraft. Though, if you put me in a battleground such as Alterac Valley, then I will be worse because I am trying to armchair general the whole battle. Likewise, if I am ganked by a higher level while leveling a toon, then you best bet I have a sheet of paper with their name written down to hunt them down when I reach their level or higher.

This is why I stick to PvE. I take losing in PvP like an individual with Borderline Personality Disorder takes an insult...It hits at the core of my self esteem.

rofl, I meant motion sickness/diziness, but that certainly sounds sick as well

Joelcool7 said:
bmmb1 said:

Alright I guess I may be over reacting abit. But it did seem like this thread was a low blow pot shot. If I am genuinly mistaken I am sorry. Also no I did not notice two other threads about the sickness in the last few days. I remember one on Jan 18th right after NintendoWorld in Japan which was a week ago or so. I have not read one since.

You may think the threads title was sensationalist, however the title was exactly what the thread was about.

Anyways I apologize if you did not intend to make a mock thread. Hope you and I both enjoy our 3DS's in its full 3D glory without barf bags lol :p

Actually since I have problems with FPS games I expect to have problems with the 3D in action games. If that turns out to be the case, I will simply move the slider to tone down the 3D effect for those games, that's apparently what it's there for. I don't expect any problems for me though with 3D in Layton like games.