By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Silent Hill: Downpour Screenshots have been released

Here they are!

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Looks..fantastic to say the least!

I can't wait for the scene where the mailman rapes you.

Some parts look very urban for Silent Hill. What's up with that?

trasharmdsister12 said:
badgenome said:

I can't wait for the scene where the mailman rapes you.

As long as it isn't a quick time event I'm down.

Of course not. He's got stamina.

Ideally it would have controls similar to the part in Heavy Rain where you have to escape from the car.

Very impressive, reminds me of RE4, which is one of my all time favourite games, if this is anything like that then... Dead Space 2 might not be gold standard of survival horror.

is there any imformation of what the gameplay will be like yet??

Around the Network
A203D said:

Very impressive, reminds me of RE4, which is one of my all time favourite games, if this is anything like that then... Dead Space 2 might not be gold standard of survival horror.

All I know is that you can travel with those things you see in the pictures because the town is too big to go on foot, there'll be side quests, you won't have an inventory and weapons will break.

And I think it won't be so action/shooting focused like Resident Evil 4/5 or Dead Space 1/2... I think it will be more like the other silent hill games.

I also heard that it'll be better to hurt/immovilize the enemies and run instead of trying to kill them.

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Screenshots are worthless...Alan Wake looked amazingly horror themed in screenshots and what we got was max payne in the woods with a cool story...

Jdevil3 said:
A203D said:

All I know is that you can travel with those things you see in the pictures because the town is too big to go on foot, there'll be side quests, you won't have an inventory and weapons will break.

And I think it won't be so action/shooting focused like Resident Evil 4/5 or Dead Space 1/2... I think it will be more like the other silent hill games.

I also heard that it'll be better to hurt/immovilize the enemies and run instead of trying to kill them.

Yeah you have a point. not every survival horror game has to be like RE4. i think it would be better to do something different, because Silent Hill is more about immersing yourself in the haunting atmosphere (i think).

interested on seeing how this turns out. as i was too young to play and enjoy the PS2 ones, but definitly interested in this.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far. please don't disappoint me again Konami.

Looking scary.

Above: still the best game of the year.