By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you love the hate nintendo gets?

Squilliam said:
PhantomLink said:
Squilliam said:

I hate Nintendo because I love Pachter. When you love Pachter you cannot love Nintendo.

What a about the opposite? Since Pachter loves Nintendo... does that mean that he hates himself?

If you were Pachter, wouldn't you hate yourself?

People create threads about every random thing he saids and then they waste a lot of time discussing on them, it's like trolling the internet.. I dont know if would hate myself

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
Joelcool7 said:
RolStoppable said:

I love it when it's completely irrational, because then it's easy to laugh at it. But most of the time it's just annoying, because the person who criticizes Nintendo is building his/her argument on the fake basis that he/she is a Nintendo fan or an openminded gamer.

What's sad is when you build up a fake image of yourself in order to be vocal about things that don't really interest you in the first place. This generation is full of fake Nintendo fans who want to advise Nintendo on what is best for them and their fans. There are more of these fake people than ever before and why is that?

Because Nintendo is successful.

This is what I love about VGChartz. I've done it many times. A gamer comes on this forum and says they are a Nintendo fan fed up with Nintendo. They talk about how they loved Nintendo and lost faith. I do a quick profile check to see what Nintendo consoles and games they play. The majority of the time I notice that the gamer doesn't own anything Nintendo. I can then approach them in the thread and call them out (Which I have done) or just write them off as yet another MS or Sony fanboy.

I'm guessing that many people probably share the same view and you saying that they are all liars is kind of insulting and only strengthens my perception that console fans are willing to make the worse out of any given situation,especially if it backs up their defence. 

I don't call them all liars, they call themselves liars I simply listen. Most users on VGChartz document what games and systems they own or play. its public knowledge availible on their profile, this makes it very easy to tell who's lying and who isn't. As I said I don't call them liars a true Nintendo fan would have at least a Nintendo console or game regestered on the site if they do indeed use that feature.

Example you have a GameCube regestered as well as several games. This means you are legit you actually bought Nintendo products and played Nintendo games. Your profile tells me your telling the truth, where as in many cases their have been people bitching and moaning about Nintendo when they themselves have no Nintendo games or systems.

A true Nintendo fan, will have owned a Nintendo64 or GameCube. If not they are not a Nintendo fan. Now you can say what about those who owned NES and SNES don't they count? They would but they abandoned Nintendo a decade ago and not for the reasons they are bitching and moaning about.

The game regestration feature on this site really helps seperate the fanboys from the real gamers and the legit fans from the posers. One look at someone's profile tells me exactly what kind of games they like and where their loyalties lie if they are loyal to a specific company.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

RolStoppable said:
Doobie_wop said:

What you've said is silly. I was playing Nintendo systems exclusively ever since the release of the SNES. I've probably owned and played more Nintendo games across the SNES, N64 and Gamecube than many of the Nintendo fans on this forum and even though I've lost the majority of my games over time, I still have hundreds of SNES games at my disposal, along with an N64 and three Gamecubes. Three of my favourite consoles ever are Nintendo systems and the main reason I loved Nintendo was because they were able to keep up with the best in terms of hardware and software. This generation changed all that, I was willing to buy a Wii and after a substantial amount of time owning  the device, I decided to sell it, which is the first time I've ever sold one of my Nintendo consoles. Their competitor was able to offer me the things I wanted, because Nintendo wasn't willing to change enough to meet my demands, they made more money that way, but I also had a richer gaming experience because of it on another system. 

I'm guessing that many people probably share the same view and you saying that they are all liars is kind of insulting and only strengthens my perception that console fans are willing to make the worse out of any given situation,especially if it backs up their defence. 

You certainly aren't a Nintendo fan now, that's for sure. A common trait among fans is giving their favorite company the benefit of doubt, something you didn't really do when creating the thread regarding the 3DS's battery life. Jumping prematurely to conclusions is actually characteristic for a hater.

In another post you did set up a strawman argument in order to put the Sony fanbase (which is the one you belong to) above the Nintendo one. Irrational arguments can come from all sides, for example Sony fans used to defend the initial PS3 price tag by saying that Sony is a good company because they sell their $600 system at a loss while Nintendo is ripping off people by selling their $250 console for a profit. 

In yet another post you claim that nobody has been able to make a good counter argument yet, but that completely ignores that nobody had attempted to make one at that point. That's like calling a quarterback's passing bad in a game he is 0 for 0.

I stick to the side that benefits me in the long run, while I was a fan, I was also a consumer and everything Nintendo had decided to do with the Wii didn't benefit me as a consumer. I created the thread on the 3DS battery life because it was new news, I was also extremely agitated that as soon as the news was reported, Nintendo fans came out of the woodworks to defend the battery life and so it may rung up some replies from me.

I admitted that other companies have their own narrow minded fans, but I explained in great detail how Nintendo seems to catch a break at nearly every fault they make and the fans will continue to defend those faults, even though it directly harms their benefits as a gaming consumer. If Sony makes a dick move, I've seen thousand post threads lambasting them and I've seen threads on the community forums demanding change. I have never seen that kind of reaction from a Nintendo community. Sony has problems, but they at least try to fix them, Nintendo ignores it's fans.

Heh, three pages should be long enough for at least a single reply, many people just took the opportunity to go 'lololololol suck it haters' instead.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Joelcool7 said:
Doobie_wop said:
Joelcool7 said:
RolStoppable said:

I love it when it's completely irrational, because then it's easy to laugh at it. But most of the time it's just annoying, because the person who criticizes Nintendo is building his/her argument on the fake basis that he/she is a Nintendo fan or an openminded gamer.

What's sad is when you build up a fake image of yourself in order to be vocal about things that don't really interest you in the first place. This generation is full of fake Nintendo fans who want to advise Nintendo on what is best for them and their fans. There are more of these fake people than ever before and why is that?

This is what I love about VGChartz. I've done it many times. A gamer comes on this forum and says they are a Nintendo fan fed up with Nintendo. They talk about how they loved Nintendo and lost faith. I do a quick profile check to see what Nintendo consoles and games they play. The majority of the time I notice that the gamer doesn't own anything Nintendo. I can then approach them in the thread and call them out (Which I have done) or just write them off as yet another MS or Sony fanboy.

I don't call them all liars, they call themselves liars I simply listen. Most users on VGChartz document what games and systems they own or play. its public knowledge availible on their profile, this makes it very easy to tell who's lying and who isn't. As I said I don't call them liars a true Nintendo fan would have at least a Nintendo console or game regestered on the site if they do indeed use that feature.

Example you have a GameCube regestered as well as several games. This means you are legit you actually bought Nintendo products and played Nintendo games. Your profile tells me your telling the truth, where as in many cases their have been people bitching and moaning about Nintendo when they themselves have no Nintendo games or systems.

A true Nintendo fan, will have owned a Nintendo64 or GameCube. If not they are not a Nintendo fan. Now you can say what about those who owned NES and SNES don't they count? They would but they abandoned Nintendo a decade ago and not for the reasons they are bitching and moaning about.

The game regestration feature on this site really helps seperate the fanboys from the real gamers and the legit fans from the posers. One look at someone's profile tells me exactly what kind of games they like and where their loyalties lie if they are loyal to a specific company.

Look, that game profile thing is a cool feature, but it's a ball breaker to update and add on new games. I've got to add on another 30 PS3 games, 10 360 games, 10 Gamecube games, 10 PC games,  25 N64 games and then like 100 SNES games just to kind of complete my collection. I've also probably played more 360 games than many people on this site, but that's because I rent them and so they won't have the opportunity to go on the list. My point is that you shouldn't judge a persons gaming habits based on their gaming profile, instead you should probably just ignore them or turn their argument back on them in a different way. I can understand the intention though and it's all cool if that's the way you want to do things.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

Doobie_wop said:
Joelcool7 said:
Doobie_wop said:
Joelcool7 said:
RolStoppable said:

Look, that game profile thing is a cool feature, but it's a ball breaker to update and add on new games. I've got to add on another 30 PS3 games, 10 360 games, 10 Gamecube games, 10 PC games,  25 N64 games and then like 100 SNES games just to kind of complete my collection. I've also probably played more 360 games than many people on this site, but that's because I rent them and so they won't have the opportunity to go on the list. My point is that you shouldn't judge a persons gaming habits based on their gaming profile, instead you should probably just ignore them or turn their argument back on them in a different way. I can understand the intention though and it's all cool if that's the way you want to do things.

Yah I love that tool I find it very useful. Especially when I meet people on VGChartz and we become online buddies I can see what they are playing etc...etc...

I have a tip though, (I never regestered all my SNES/N64 games either) However I got in the habit of always regestering my games with Nintendo for points. So now every time I buy a game or console I regester that game or console the day I buy them. This way the list gets updated and its easy to do.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
pizzahut451 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

You wrote a lot only for me to get a few lines in and already see something wrong.

All fans do it, not just Nintendo fans, not just Sony fans, not just fans of some terrible movies like the Lords of the Rings trilogy (yes I went there!), they ALL defend their likes.  

You want to say how Sony fans don't defend things that are bad for their gaming choices but they defended things like Lair, Haze, Heavenly Sword, God of War, PSP, Blu-Ray, the price of consoles and games... all of which affects their gaming and that was just a quick list off the top of my head.

ALL OF THEM DO IT, period.

How the hell are those thing bad for their gaming choices? PSP, GOW, Blu Ray are all great and are widely accepted as such. Heavnly Sword and Haze i can understand but GOW and PSP? Seriously?

Thanks for proving my point lol

PSP with it's 3 game attach rate in Europe is a terrible investment for many developers add to that UMD was a bad choice for a portable device cause it cut battery life and long load times.  Blu Ray for the PS3 created many issues from 40 minute game installs to long load times and an expensive console cost right out of the gate when most games don't even get bigger than a dual layer DVD as seen with 360.  And God of War did battle flow right for action games but also created trends many gamers and reviewers hate IE every action game now needs QTEs and excessive violence, also with games like GoW3, Chains of Olympus, and Ghost of Sparta, it doesn't change the formula, the stories become progressively worse, and more linear than the last.  All fans defend things such as these and it affects their gaming, period.

And cue defense of all this in 3...2...1... 

The difference between Sony and Nintendo is that Sony attempted to fix most of those problems. Sony had a crappy line-up in 2007, they then dominated for the next three years with exclusive quality content. You didn't like the UMD? Sony gave the option to ditch it with the PSPGo. You hate long installs? Sony made games that don't even require an install and don't even load throughout the game. You didn't think Blue Ray was worth it? Well outside of the fantastic luxury of having a Blu Ray player, we now got uncompressed visual and audio features all on one disk, unlike the 360 (Dead Space 2 would be a recent example). Sony listened to the problems and fixed them.

Your QTE argument is just silly, God of War is one of the most critically acclaimed and influential franchises ever created, but everyone apparently hates what it does. The QTE is a game mechanic, it is the choice of the developer to add it in or take it out and if it was lambasted by critics, then games like Yakuza 3, Bayonetta, Vanquish, Castlevania and Heavy Rain wouldn't be as reviewed as high as they are. Like all game mechanics, it's how you incorporate it into the design and not the actually mechanic itself that is at fault. 

Your getting extremely subjective with your posts, your pointing out problems you have, but not what the majority suffers from or complains about. I personally think that every 3D Mario game since Mario 64 is pretty much the same thing or that Ocarina of Times fixed camera can be blamed for the horrible fixed camera in Lords of Shadow or Afrika, but I know it's my own personal feeling and I would never make them out to be problems that everyone suffers from.

Your defence quip was immature, you created a horrible argument and left plenty of holes for people to argue against and so when people came come to correct or debate with you, you'd throw in the defence argument.

As I've said multiple times in this thread, every company has it's share of fans, I just think that Nintendo fans are wiling to take far more blows than any other fan, even if does harm them in the end and provides little benefit.

Every console gets hate from different factions of the interwebz, not much of a shocker there really. Do I enjoy the fact that the (in this example) WIi gets certain negative reactions from certain people? Not really, and I really don't enjoy seeing other's "meltdowns" or "rantings" about hardware companies either. It's just an endless cycle of action/reaction between fan-groups that gets us nowhere, and I moreso pity them than I do antagonize them. I play video games because... I love 'em. Wii has been a great console for me and has delivered some suberb games that I have played and loved.

As for the fans... we'll they'll continue being fans, regardless of what console they support. Nothing new there either.

RolStoppable said:
Doobie_wop said:

I stick to the side that benefits me in the long run, while I was a fan, I was also a consumer and everything Nintendo had decided to do with the Wii didn't benefit me as a consumer. I created the thread on the 3DS battery life because it was new news, I was also extremely agitated that as soon as the news was reported, Nintendo fans came out of the woodworks to defend the battery life and so it may rung up some replies from me.

I admitted that other companies have their own narrow minded fans, but I explained in great detail how Nintendo seems to catch a break at nearly every fault they make and the fans will continue to defend those faults, even though it directly harms their benefits as a gaming consumer. If Sony makes a dick move, I've seen thousand post threads lambasting them and I've seen threads on the community forums demanding change. I have never seen that kind of reaction from a Nintendo community. Sony has problems, but they at least try to fix them, Nintendo ignores it's fans.

Heh, three pages should be long enough for at least a single reply, many people just took the opportunity to go 'lololololol suck it haters' instead.

You explained how Nintendo seems to catch a break in great detail? All I've seen from you regarding that is the following strawman argument:

"The majority of the negative things that come up involving Nintendo is defended to the point of irrationality. Crappy online service? Screw online gaming. Achievements? Screw Achievements. Sparse line-up? Nintendo are game developing GODS! Region locking, who needs imported games? Third Party support? Third Parties suck monkey balls and we don't need their garbage. HD console? Hahaha, I enjoy jaggies. Game breaking bug that requires you to send your console or SD card to Kyoto? We don't need patches or updates. Waggle added unnecessarily? Thank God, my wrist needed a work out. Europe getting games late? Who cares about Europe?"

Half of those things you just made up, like "Hahaha, I enjoy jaggies.", seriously? And what are those things that Nintendo isn't fixing (talking about serious issues here, ones that really hurt the consumer experience)?

Regarding the size of this thread, my setting is 50 posts per page, so at the time you posted it was barely half way there. At that point a thread hasn't really picked up, so it's a little bit too early to pass judgment.

You don't think having a decent online infrastructure, a lack of region locking, Third Party support, a decent patch and update system, consistent quality releases throughout the year, achievements and at least a slightly more powerful system at launch is important at all? Even we were just to use the online and Third Party support as an example, those two alone are pretty big problems.

I have my settings to 10 posts per page, I should probably fix that, so thanks for reminding me.

Doobie_wop said

You don't think having a decent online infrastructure, a lack of region locking, Third Party support, a decent patch and update system, consistent quality releases throughout the year, achievements and at least a slightly more powerful system at launch is important at all? Even we were just use the online and Third Party support as an example, those two alone are pretty big problems.

I have my settings to 10 posts per page, I should probably fix that, so thanks for reminding me.

if you want those things, go get an HD console:

online and regian locking are the only gripes on that list i can understand, really. third parties can keep failing and closing studiod, the more the merrier. achievements are the lamest thing ive seen come out of gaming in recent years, and graphical improvement in just not necessary. your pretty much saying the wii would have no problems if it was a clone of the hd consoles.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

From what I've experienced, the people who hate Nintendo have  very little knowledge about gaming whatsoever.