By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you love the hate nintendo gets?

MrT-Tar said:

Only Soma Bringer, Xenoblade (though I sure it will be localised in time), Jet impulse and Tomodachi Collection of my list are Japan only.

And for those four, does it matter that they haven't been localised?  A new IP is a new IP even if it is Japan only.

Sure if you live in Japan. They may never make it to the rest of the world thus making no impact for the rest of us. It's basically as if they don't exist unless you A.) Know how to speak the language and import or B.) Import and not understand a damn thing.

Around the Network

I hate Nintendo because I love Pachter. When you love Pachter you cannot love Nintendo.

Tease.

It's hella funny, fanboys need to get a life.

If i hate something other companies do, the first thing i do won't be doing going on to the internet and crying about it.

Squilliam said:

I hate Nintendo because I love Pachter. When you love Pachter you cannot love Nintendo.

What a about the opposite? Since Pachter loves Nintendo... does that mean that he hates himself?

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

PhantomLink said:

Well done OP you create this thread in order to enjoy more of that hate you love so much

hahha thats kinda the point, also to just shed more light on the issue, but i dont mind more hate is coming out of this. once again, its entertainging for me to read

as a general response to the replies in this thread, im glad some people here agree with me. i just love when the haters get whats coming to them when nintendo does well. and for third parties, im glad they are going out of business. if they dont want to support nintendo, they are trying to put ninty out of business, so its fair game. if they cant sell games thats their problem.

someone also mentioned that games like "demons souls, castlevania" and the such are not getting sales and sequels while nintendo games like wii fit are, well thats the problem on the games themselves. one thing about the "hardcore" is they are cheap, cheap, cheap. even games that are worth it or that should suceed fail, and im glad nintendo is not focusing solely on that audience. it would be financial suicide.

for me, especially this gen, nintendo has delivered on software and they have delivered on turning the industry on its head. im also glad the 3ds is facing o much scrutiny, its only more reason for me to buy it. i find that if the "hardcore" hate it, i like it even more, so the 3ds is a day one for me.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Around the Network

all companies get equal amounts of hate from fanboys of other companies.

I don't like Nintendo because of its strategies and the Wii kinda disappointed me. Still, there are some really good games.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.

DKHustlin said:
PhantomLink said:

Well done OP you create this thread in order to enjoy more of that hate you love so much

hahha thats kinda the point, also to just shed more light on the issue, but i dont mind more hate is coming out of this. once again, its entertainging for me to read

as a general response to the replies in this thread, im glad some people here agree with me. i just love when the haters get whats coming to them when nintendo does well. and for third parties, im glad they are going out of business. if they dont want to support nintendo, they are trying to put ninty out of business, so its fair game. if they cant sell games thats their problem.

someone also mentioned that games like "demons souls, castlevania" and the such are not getting sales and sequels while nintendo games like wii fit are, well thats the problem on the games themselves. one thing about the "hardcore" is they are cheap, cheap, cheap. even games that are worth it or that should suceed fail, and im glad nintendo is not focusing solely on that audience. it would be financial suicide.

for me, especially this gen, nintendo has delivered on software and they have delivered on turning the industry on its head. im also glad the 3ds is facing o much scrutiny, its only more reason for me to buy it. i find that if the "hardcore" hate it, i like it even more, so the 3ds is a day one for me.

So from this post your saying your glad Nintendo is screwing their loyal fanbase for quick and cheap family games with an occassional good core game. As well as the fact that 3rd parties who don't support nintendo are their enemy and deserve to perish? Oh boy....

Wagram said:
DKHustlin said:
PhantomLink said:

So from this post your saying your glad Nintendo is screwing their loyal fanbase for quick and cheap family games with an occassional good core game. As well as the fact that 3rd parties who don't support nintendo are their enemy and deserve to perish? Oh boy....

im not going to try and argue the games part of your post because thats too subjective. i find too many games on the wii good, so i cant really tell you there are plenty of good games on it. personal opinion.

but for the third parties thing, yes i can say that. a third party who does not release games for a platform, in this case nintendo platforms, is not helping nintendo. they are in fact directly supporting a nintnedo competitor, so why should i care if they suceed or fail? im not going to play their games and they wont make games for something i own. when they go belly up, im glad. i dont have sympathy for third parties that fail by not trying to make games for nintendo, because they are making products i dont like.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Torillian said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Doobie_wop said:

I hate the love Nintendo gets, I'm cool like that.

Hrm... good for you...?

Not exactly sure how positive vibes harm anyone lol 

doesn't have to be harmful to be irritating.  I too dislike some of the Ninty love where Nintendo just can do no wrong, Wii games can't possibly lose money because they only cost a dream and a unicorn fart, and they're the only ones in the current generation of consoles.   It's like that Middle School girl writing Jenny Miyamoto in her notebook and dotting the i's with hearts kind of love.  annoying.

Hahahahahah, this guy is amazing

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Doobie_wop said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Torillian said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Doobie_wop said:

I hate the love Nintendo gets, I'm cool like that.

Hrm... good for you...?

Not exactly sure how positive vibes harm anyone lol 

doesn't have to be harmful to be irritating.  I too dislike some of the Ninty love where Nintendo just can do no wrong, Wii games can't possibly lose money because they only cost a dream and a unicorn fart, and they're the only ones in the current generation of consoles.   It's like that Middle School girl writing Jenny Miyamoto in her notebook and dotting the i's with hearts kind of love.  annoying.

Uh huh... And mindless people that seem to follow what corporate PR says as truth gets on my nerves too but you don't see me saying that in threads whenever there's a bunch of spin involved... honestly though there's two sides of that story being all the needless/unprofessional hate and maybe if people weren't so hateful then we'd have fewer people adamantly and annoyingly defending them eh?

Honestly what you states is annoying of all fans not just Nintendo fans... its a trait they all share, ALL OF THEM.  You might as well be just stating you don't like fans, cause guess what die hard star wars fans will defend the new trilogy, die hard Microsoft fans will defend XBL pricing and console failures, Sony fans will defend going from the top of sales to the bottom and losing billions of dollars in the process, and Nintendo fans will defend some of Nintendo's odd choices...

Nintendo fans defend things that directly affects their gaming though. Sony fans may defend some of Sony's corporate choices like removing Linux or they may defend the sales of a certain quarter, but I haven't seen many of them defending Sony's line-up in 2007 or the GT5 delays or the lack of party chat. Everyone would complain and as time went on, Sony began to fix those problems.

The majority of the negative things that come up involving Nintendo is defended to the point of irrationality. Crappy online service? Screw online gaming. Achievements? Screw Achievements. Sparse line-up? Nintendo are game developing GODS! Region locking, who needs imported games? Third Party support? Third Parties suck monkey balls and we don't need their garbage. HD console? Hahaha, I enjoy jaggies. Game breaking bug that requires you to send your console or SD card to Kyoto? We don't need patches or updates. Waggle added unnecessarily? Thank God, my wrist needed a work out. Europe getting games late? Who cares about Europe?

The only recent issue that I've seen that's been universally attacked is the one that involves Japanese Wii games being kept within Japan without any sort of word on localization. Lots of Wii fans are pissed, but I'm not seeing many of them voicing their opinion to Nintendo that this issue is bothering them and that they want it fixed, they just seem to mumble about them on forums. The same can't be said for Sony fans who send out constant demands on a weekly basis directly to Sony and actually try and force info out of the community managers on the Sony sites. 

I don't hate people, I just hate when people are screwed out of things that they should have in this day and age of gaming. Most of the things I listed can be easily implemented into the Wii or any future Nintendo device, but a lot of them will go unnoticed or will be lacklustre because Nintendo thinks that creating Wii Science is more important than creating a decent online network. 

This was much longer than I wanted it to be, but I'm bored and I keep dying in Persona 4, so I'm also a little agitated. Once again, I don't intend to offend anyone and I may be wrong about some things, but I'd rather be educated on what I've said wrong and none of it was with intention to harm. 

You wrote a lot only for me to get a few lines in and already see something wrong.

All fans do it, not just Nintendo fans, not just Sony fans, not just fans of some terrible movies like the Lords of the Rings trilogy (yes I went there!), they ALL defend their likes.  

You want to say how Sony fans don't defend things that are bad for their gaming choices but they defended things like Lair, Haze, Heavenly Sword, God of War, PSP, Blu-Ray, the price of consoles and games... all of which affects their gaming and that was just a quick list off the top of my head.

ALL OF THEM DO IT, period.

How the hell are those thing bad for their gaming choices? PSP, GOW, Blu Ray are all great and are widely accepted as such. Heavnly Sword and Haze i can understand but GOW and PSP? Seriously?