By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - do you love the hate nintendo gets?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Torillian said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Doobie_wop said:

I hate the love Nintendo gets, I'm cool like that.

Hrm... good for you...?

Not exactly sure how positive vibes harm anyone lol 

doesn't have to be harmful to be irritating.  I too dislike some of the Ninty love where Nintendo just can do no wrong, Wii games can't possibly lose money because they only cost a dream and a unicorn fart, and they're the only ones in the current generation of consoles.   It's like that Middle School girl writing Jenny Miyamoto in her notebook and dotting the i's with hearts kind of love.  annoying.

Uh huh... And mindless people that seem to follow what corporate PR says as truth gets on my nerves too but you don't see me saying that in threads whenever there's a bunch of spin involved... honestly though there's two sides of that story being all the needless/unprofessional hate and maybe if people weren't so hateful then we'd have fewer people adamantly and annoyingly defending them eh?

Honestly what you states is annoying of all fans not just Nintendo fans... its a trait they all share, ALL OF THEM.  You might as well be just stating you don't like fans, cause guess what die hard star wars fans will defend the new trilogy, die hard Microsoft fans will defend XBL pricing and console failures, Sony fans will defend going from the top of sales to the bottom and losing billions of dollars in the process, and Nintendo fans will defend some of Nintendo's odd choices...

well you actually do, since you work at gamestop. You actually try to spin mediocre wii party games as the best ever. You even claimed that the average game that is Goldeneye to be better than Halo and most FPS....  In this forums there is a majority of nintendo fans and sony fans, but the nintendo fans are the most annoying as Torillian has explained with his reasons. Your rebuttal is that every fanboy does it, it might be true, but not around VGC. I still remember your horrible God of War review for PSP, when you actually declared that you hated the franchise. So you're part of the problem as well

Around the Network

This generation, I have played my Nintendo consoles less than I have in previous generations from NES to Gamecube.  I'm really hoping they decide to localize Xenoblade sometime soon, because that is quite possibly the best jRPG this generation. 

I don't support every action of any company because of loyalty to corporations that just want my money.  If that makes me part of the enemy camp, then so be it.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I don't hate Nintendo I just don't like their games as I would call most of the ones I played banal. What I do like as that Nintendo is slowly losing market share to the HD yin yang twins. In my book, as long as the HD twins are outselling Nintendo it shows there are still more gamers out there that share my taste in games because thruthfully the PS3 and the 360 share a lot of great games. Even if one is doing better than the other for real exclusives. I wonder which one that is?

DKHustlin said:

ever since this gen has started and the wii and ds have been dominating, gaming jounalists, "hardcore" fans, critics, analysts, and pubs/devs have been hating on nintendo. ever since the hate started, i have loved every minute of it. i love all the threads and arguments saying nintendo is destroying the core and bringing in casuals, in love the arguments people make about nintendo graphics and game styles, i love the hate wii sports has gotten, issues about bundling, attach rate, wether wii is a "next-gen" console, and so on so forth. do any nintendo fans feel the same as me? it just puts a smile on my face when i see some publisher, fan, or critic blasting nintendo while nintendo is simply producing the best games ever and dominating the market.all i can say is its kept me entertained for the last 6 or so years.

What does it matter what people think. Most 30 yr old something's like me started gaming on the nes and will always think highly of nintendo. I don't think some of the younger generation appreciate's all that nintendo has done for the gaming world. 

chocoloco said:

I don't hate Nintendo I just don't like their games as I would call most of the ones I played banal. What I do like as that Nintendo is slowly losing market share to the HD yin yang twins. In my book, as long as the HD twins are outselling Nintendo it shows there are still more gamers out there that share my taste in games because thruthfully the PS3 and the 360 share a lot of great games. Even if one is doing better than the other for real exclusives. I wonder which one that is?

see i dont agree with your taste in games, but i respect your opinion.

you simply dont like nintendo because they dont make games tailored to your tatstes. no elitism, no stupid explanantion, no i used to be a fan before this gen, no nothing. just the truth.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
DKHustlin said:

ever since this gen has started and the wii and ds have been dominating, gaming jounalists, "hardcore" fans, critics, analysts, and pubs/devs have been hating on nintendo. ever since the hate started, i have loved every minute of it. i love all the threads and arguments saying nintendo is destroying the core and bringing in casuals, in love the arguments people make about nintendo graphics and game styles, i love the hate wii sports has gotten, issues about bundling, attach rate, wether wii is a "next-gen" console, and so on so forth. do any nintendo fans feel the same as me? it just puts a smile on my face when i see some publisher, fan, or critic blasting nintendo while nintendo is simply producing the best games ever and dominating the market.all i can say is its kept me entertained for the last 6 or so years.

What does it matter what people think. Most 30 yr old something's like me started gaming on the nes and will always think highly of nintendo. I don't think some of the younger generation appreciate's all that nintendo has done for the gaming world. 

Well as a guy in my mid 20s I grew up playing Nintendo only for the longest time. I appreciate their legacy, but now their mindset is in the past by over using mario, changing little with Zelda and not creating many new IPs that are not Wii fit, sports etc. Also it has been shown in some surveys that the average Wii owner is substantially lower than the 360 and PS3 owner so to so the new generation does not appreciate Nintendo is a fallacy because the are the most likely ones to be playing a Wii. It is not an insult it is just a truth.

oldschoolfool said:
DKHustlin said:

your def right, this thread is more about how i like all the haters because they output so much entertaining stuff to read. trust me, nintnedo is the only gaming company that matters to me.

i love the hate because, for example, the old npd threads where nintendo would dominate sales. the reactions from hd supporters were so funny. and the nintnedo is doomed stuff was soo funny because last month nintnedo ramped up sales every week. it was great seeing the reactions

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

Hating on any company for no good reason is dumb, but blind loyalty is retarded. "oh my console is perfect, it has no flaws at all" that is BS and the one thing that annoys me about fanboys.  Wii's online component sucks, and it doesnt look like it will improve anytime soon. I dont say this to hate on Ninty, but if we as gamers do not at least call Ninty out on this they will keep it crappy because they think it will be ok. So instead of saying "I love you Ninty, no matter what" like some ignorant abused spouse. We could say "love what your doing Ninty, but your online could use some work, get on that Por favor."

DKHustlin said:
chocoloco said:

see i dont agree with your taste in games, but i respect your opinion.

you simply dont like nintendo because they dont make games tailored to your tatstes. no elitism, no stupid explanantion, no i used to be a fan before this gen, no nothing. just the truth.

Actuallt I played the NES, SNES and N64 and the N64 remains my third fav console of all time and that is the plain truth. In all, my tastes have just changed nothing wrong with that it happens all the time.

pizzahut451 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

You wrote a lot only for me to get a few lines in and already see something wrong.

All fans do it, not just Nintendo fans, not just Sony fans, not just fans of some terrible movies like the Lords of the Rings trilogy (yes I went there!), they ALL defend their likes.  

You want to say how Sony fans don't defend things that are bad for their gaming choices but they defended things like Lair, Haze, Heavenly Sword, God of War, PSP, Blu-Ray, the price of consoles and games... all of which affects their gaming and that was just a quick list off the top of my head.

ALL OF THEM DO IT, period.

How the hell are those thing bad for their gaming choices? PSP, GOW, Blu Ray are all great and are widely accepted as such. Heavnly Sword and Haze i can understand but GOW and PSP? Seriously?

Thanks for proving my point lol

PSP with it's 3 game attach rate in Europe is a terrible investment for many developers add to that UMD was a bad choice for a portable device cause it cut battery life and long load times.  Blu Ray for the PS3 created many issues from 40 minute game installs to long load times and an expensive console cost right out of the gate when most games don't even get bigger than a dual layer DVD as seen with 360.  And God of War did battle flow right for action games but also created trends many gamers and reviewers hate IE every action game now needs QTEs and excessive violence, also with games like GoW3, Chains of Olympus, and Ghost of Sparta, it doesn't change the formula, the stories become progressively worse, and more linear than the last.  All fans defend things such as these and it affects their gaming, period.

And cue defense of all this in 3...2...1... 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000