By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hyperdimension Neptunia: Perfect For The JRPG Fan?

awesome wil be buying the special editon! love those games

Around the Network

I have it in japanese, it's an amazing game and a fair RPG. It has that little sense of humor that has more or less disppeared in bigger JRPG series (FF, Star Ocean). But youn can see for yourself in my little introduction to the game :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YWucfGuH8

badgenome said:

Someone is expecting an awful lot from an Idea Factory game...

And everything I've read about the game makes it sound like the gameplay is pretty boring.  Pretty typical Idea Factory stuff.

If only the concept wasn't so amazingly awesome, I could allow myself to not buy and save some money!

badgenome said:

i do, cuz i love crappy jrpgs.

<3 and it looks alot like trinity Universe, which is a good thing. not as good as Cross Edge, but okay.. :<

(even if i am mostly hyped for agarest 2 !11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnCz4qZg8-4 .. <33!!!)

while some are Console-related fanboys, i am declaring myself humbly to be an NIS / GUST / RED / IF Fanboy.

did i mention that i fell in love with Last Rebellion? :D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

I'll be picking this up. The thing with games like this is to not take it seriously. Gust/Idea Factory/Compile Heart games are generally good for a laugh as long as you don't expect the quality story of a Monolith game, or the production values of a FF and you won't be dissapointed. Much like watching B-movies.

Around the Network

Ill be purchasing it on first day like I do with all jRPGs. With that said, I might very well resell it a couple days later like I did with the other idea factory games.

Crystalchild said:
badgenome said:

i do, cuz i love crappy jrpgs.

I love Idea Factory's crappy SRPGs. Their crappy JRPGs can suck it as far as I'm concerned.

ryuzaki57 said:

I have it in japanese, it's an amazing game and a fair RPG. It has that little sense of humor that has more or less disppeared in bigger JRPG series (FF, Star Ocean). But youn can see for yourself in my little introduction to the game :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YWucfGuH8

Interesting, looks like the graphics are atleast a definite improvement from Trinity Universe, but I'm sad to see that the battle system is just as slow and repetitive.  I assume you can skip those long finisher move scenes right? 

You can skip nearly everything. Honestly every aspect of this game is way better than it looks, including strategy and music (imo).

its an Idea factory game, its not going to blow minds, just your typical niche RPG.

i'm actually waiting for Atlus or Mistwalker or LEVEL-5 or SCEJ to make a move (and hopefully SCEJ can release WKC2 for starters =s)

i've lost hope  for S-E