By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - And the new highest selling PS3 exclusive is! Yes you guessed it GT5!

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/23lm6pa/"> http://tinyurl.com/23lm6pa/</a>

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

Such an undeserving game. MGS4 is so much better it hurts.

Agreed, and also Uncharted 2.

Considering it's a completely different type of game from both of those, it's strictly apples to oranges.

It may be a different type but the game isnt anywhere close to being as good a title as MGS4, Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain.

CGI-Quality said:
Biddles said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

Considering it's a completely different type of game from both of those, it's strictly apples to oranges.

It may be a different type but the game isnt anywhere close to being as good a title as MGS4, Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain.

Your opinion and it has no relevance at all.

Metacritic scores

MGS4 - 94

Uncharted 2 - 96

Gran Turismo 5 - 84 

Yeah so its not just my opinion GT5 aint even in the Top 100 titles.

My comment may have no relevance but it didnt stop you from rushing to its rescue to defend it did it. 

Biddles said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

...obviously it's a racing game! What made MGS4 and Uncharted 2 so good was three things, great gameplay, great characters, and great story. GT5 is a racing game so the only thing great about it can be gameplay because that's all a racing game got, there's no story or characters for the player to get attached to.

Your comparison makes no sense?

Honestly GT5 being PS3's best selling exclusive is not good news... As gamers we want quality to sell itself - not brands.

So, Biddles and Ulysses, you were perfectly right :

CGI-Quality said:
Biddles said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

Metacritic scores

MGS4 - 94

Uncharted 2 - 96

Gran Turismo 5 - 84 

My comment may have no relevance but it didnt stop you from rushing to its rescue to defend it did it. 

Around the Network
fighter said:

Honestly GT5 being PS3's best selling exclusive is not good news... As gamers we want quality to sell itself - not brands.

CGI-Quality said:
Biddles said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

Metacritic scores

MGS4 - 94

Uncharted 2 - 96

Gran Turismo 5 - 84 

We all know the reviews were a lot lower then they should be, people expected to much, if this game had a different name it'd be mid 90's for sure.

Gilgamesh said:
Biddles said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

...obviously it's a racing game! What made MGS4 and Uncharted 2 so good was three things, great gameplay, great characters, and great story. GT5 is a racing game so the only thing great about it can be gameplay because that's all a racing game got, there's no story or characters for the player to get attached to.

Your comparison makes no sense?

Don't use your time being resoanable with someone that won't listen... to people that like GT5 it's fantastic in each own (and i love my uc2 and uc, like my mgs4 also)... you have to understand that people today are capable of reading but handicapped in interpretation, numbers they can understand words and reason they can't.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

fighter said:

CGI-Quality said:
Biddles said:
CGI-Quality said:
Ulysses said:
Biddles said:

Metacritic scores

MGS4 - 94

Uncharted 2 - 96

Gran Turismo 5 - 84

you can have no opinion on gt5 not even a small one, or not even an opinion about its god damn menus before you reach level 10 b spec and level 20 a spec.

then to have an accepted opinion you need to reach level 40 aspec and level 20 b spec.

when you do that bump this thread.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

As impressive as the sales are for GT5, i find its better to break things down by region. in which case GT5 is certainly the best selling Sony exclusive in the EU, so here its been a monumental success, on the PS3 only rivaled by the shooters and GTA4.

for Japan, while the sales are strong, its a bit weaker than previous instalments and it seems even FF13 has not broken 2mil units in the region. so comparatively for Japan, i think when GT5 reaches something like 0.70 mil units, (similar to MGS4's numbers) it can be considered a huge success. but still good numbers.

and heres the problem, in the EU and Japan, while GT5 has done very well in a short space of time, the US (and Canadaian) sales, have been moderately good, GT5 failed to reach the top 10 in that region for a few weeks.

so yes the sales for GT5 are excellent WW, but imo i'm not sure if it can do over 10mil, because of the US sales. so it will take at least 5.5 - 6 mil in the EU (i think), and hopefully the US will be able to get it over 3.5 mil, but i'm holding off the excitment until next month, when we should get a better idea of where it will finish up.

Congratulations, 3rd no doubt. 2nd will probably need some bundling, I think Blops has 1st locked down no matter what.

It is after all a titan IP, if anyone honestly expected less than 8M for this, they were dillusioned, I honestly don't think there will be a better selling exclusive for PS3, kinda ironic, just like last gen XBox had Halo as the best selling exclusive whereas PS2 had the GT series lol, same thing this time around.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.