By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - And the new highest selling PS3 exclusive is! Yes you guessed it GT5!

fighter said:
CGI-Quality said:

It's apparent that you aren't actually reading and/or understanding much of what others and myself are posting. Meta scores don't absolutely determine quality., they don't. The basis of quality can be determined a number of ways, and while Metacritic may be a contributor, it isn't THE dictator.

I see that you ignored a very important question, more than once, which now leads me to believe you're derailing this thread deliberately, so 'll ask this just once more - what do/does Metacritic/Meta scores have to do with GT5 being PS3's highest selling exclusive?

You must, consciously or unconsciously, refer to some indicator of a game's quality in order for you to pay for certain games and not for others, am i right ?

So, you ought as well to remember at least one of them that you believe is very useful to the masses. Whould you by any chance recall at least one them that would be a better indicator than metas ?

No ? I thought so... Buh-bye now lady (thanks for the ban you f ¨*)

See the Italics, Bolded and Underlined in CGI's post.

The word "contributor" is kinda important.

Out of interest, when you look at a meta score, what's the cutoff point before you decide to not buy a game?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
fighter said:
CGI-Quality said:
fighter said:

Are you saying sales are a better indicator than Metas or do you just not have a proposition ? (lol)

It's apparent that you aren't actually reading and/or understanding much of what others and myself are posting. Meta scores don't absolutely determine quality., they don't. The basis of quality can be determined a number of ways, and while Metacritic may be a contributor, it isn't THE dictator.

I see that you ignored a very important question, more than once, which now leads me to believe you're derailing this thread deliberately, so 'll ask this just once more - what do/does Metacritic/Meta scores have to do with GT5 being PS3's highest selling exclusive?

You must, consciously or unconsciously, refer to some indicator of a game's quality in order for you to pay for certain games and not for others, am i right ?

So, you ought as well to remember at least one of them that you believe is very useful to the masses. Whould you by any chance recall at least one them that would be a better indicator than metas ?

No ? I thought so... Buh-bye now lady (thanks for the ban you f ¨*)

Your last sentence will probably be dealt with on it's own, so I'll leave it be.

To the relevant bit - when I buy something, unless it isn't a proven "something" (book/game/movie), I get it under the assumption that it will be enjoyable. Rarely have I found that such a freedom fails (although Two Worlds was a serious blunder - but it was an exception). I may check out what gamers say about it, but usually still find that I won't be affected in the same way as others (which is how I can enjoy games like Fracture or Dark Void). I also don't always jump for the highest rated stuff either (such as Uncharted 2 not being one of my top games of all time, despite what the Meta score says).

Edit: Do answer this though - why does Metacritic matter when talking about GT5's commercial success? Certainly, if what you're claiming is true, it's "sub-par" quality should have hindered it's sales, no?

You really must be illiterate, the masses is a concept opposed to single-oh-you.

about your edit - you brought it up before me in this thread and I replied to you the way you are replying to me. Feeling stupid ? Thought so.

EDIT: Speaking of edits, this post has been moderated for flaming. -d1