By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2: Exclusive Multiplayer Demo for Xbox 360 Announced

Wait but I thought EA was stroking Sony in all the right places (or vice versa) not Microsoft.  

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Wait but I thought EA was stroking Sony in all the right places (or vice versa) not Microsoft.  

You mean for games like medal of honor and dead space?

they should let you play demos online if you are not gold, even if its for a limited time just to try out. could get many people signing up.

they have even pulled sky news for standard live users, i used to love catching up on that when im playing on 360

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

chocoloco said:
Machiavellian said:
chocoloco said:
TRios_Zen said:
chocoloco said:
Machiavellian said:
chocoloco said:

I'll play the demo on 360 and the real game on PS3. I just don't see the point in not putting a demo out for both consoles.

It's called getting paid.  Upfront money for your big time AAA game that cost a lot to make is always an incentive.

I realize that is probably the case, and I do not blame Crysis for it I blame Microsoft. Now I feel my belifs are getting redundant, but I will not suport Microsoft as much as Sony until they use money to make original IPs because that is the ony reason I own a 360.

Wait, so the company who MAKES the game says that Microsoft was there for them to help in the process and Sony didn't do crap and the two of you read that as Microsoft = Evil and Sony = Good?

Really??

Brilliant deduction here fellas. 

If your going to claim Microsoft helped why don't you back it up with proof. Still even if Microsoft did some how "help" in the process it still seems like a better marketing plan to market it on both systems equally.

It's an opinion just like yours.  Never stated it was fact but using my logic, doesn't make sense to have a demo on the 360 and not on the PC (the lead) or PS3 if not getting some type of compensation. With all the exclusive DLC, exclusive betas going to one system holder or the other, why would this be any different.  For a high profile game, is it really out of the reach to believe MS would not pay for some type of exclusive deal.

For the platform holder, is a demo really going to cause a large amount of PS3 or PC owners from getting the game.  If Crysis 2 is a AAA game with a high score from the big sites, it will sell regardless of a multiplayer demo or not.

Most gamers are not on internet forums and combing the web for new news on the gaming industry so by having it on both systems they are exposeing the game to potentially millions more people that may have been ignorant before. I'm glad we both can realize its just an opinion.  

Microsoft is taking actions to help their company, but as a consumer of products I look out for myself and not big business. 

Demos are something that was always for the hardcore more than the general public. Most people that will download and play the demo are people that already know about the game. Multiplayer only demos are especially niche and probably why it is exclusive.  Anyway, who is to say that this is not a limited exclusive or that another demo is not planned for all platforms.  I am sure EA can have their cake and eat it too if they want. 

chocoloco said:
yo_john117 said:

You mean for games like medal of honor and dead space?

Yes exactly!

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

I'd attribute this move more to Crytek than I would to EA.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:

Well its nice to see that the developers under EA have at least some say and leeway.

yo_john117 said:
themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:

Well its nice to see that the developers under EA have at least some say and leeway.

Well, Crytek is part of the EA partners program, so they still have control of their IP, and I imagine that's why all gameplay shown during E3 was running on the 360, as opposed to almost all of EA's other stuff that was on PS3s.

Not to mention the fact that Crytek probably favors Microsoft to some degree considering that Microsoft's publishing its next game.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:
themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:

Well, Crytek is part of the EA partners program, so they still have control of their IP, and I imagine that's why all gameplay shown during E3 was running on the 360, as opposed to almost all of EA's other stuff that was on PS3s.

Not to mention the fact that Crytek probably favors Microsoft to some degree considering that Microsoft's publishing its next game.

Wow i forgot about the exclusive game from Crytek...I guess this makes sense then.

2011 is so amazing, that instead of exclusive games, we get exclusive demos!!! >_>