By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2: Exclusive Multiplayer Demo for Xbox 360 Announced

Hmm, i wonder if people the graphics will appear to be great. I hope it's a good fps.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Just DL'ed it and played a few rounds...I like it.  the controls are tight and the graphics are top notch as well...on the other hand, I'm NOT feeling the Bulletstorm demo...not for me at all, and I'll be passing this one for sure.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Thanks Heruamon but can you post more in depth details 

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

thedaftman said:

Thanks Heruamon but can you post more in depth details 

I'm not much of FPSer, but here are some things I noted.

- Tight controls - ie. Movement are crisp, and firing on the target is precise.

- Graphics are great of course, as we've all seen the engine before

- Game is fast pace, but the match matching process was a bit skimpy...of course, it is a demo.

- Special abilities are cool, but I didn't use them much, as I was just trying to figure out what to do, before getting my head blown off...lol.

- Team work SAVES lives...lol.

Dunno what else, check it out, if you have a 360, and enjoy!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Its super awesome! If a bit unbalanced in some aspects

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

will give this  a go maybe tonight

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I got a PS3, but thank you for the impressions. The PS3 should be similar in most cases online worries me a tad bit with all the hacking but hopefully those issues will be fixed soon

I am no good at grammar =) 

DAMN IT! This EP is such a good idea 

guys , anybody know why the demo is 1.8 gb and there is only one map availiable?

Well made it to Rank 10 and I have to say Im not imprssed with this demo.

Graphics:

Ive seen and heard how great the all mighty Crysis Engine is...and I expected to be blown away..but really..to me theres nothing really special Im seeing here. The water over the HUD is cool but its the same animation over and over. Maybe this map wasnt the best for graphics but like my buddy said "it reminds me of crackdown". Also whats with the framerate dropping so badly in the "battle view" mode thing..what ever the hell its called...

Sound:

The words and phrases said by other players is a joke. By that I mean, for an example, in Bad Company or even COD you get allie players yelling things like "reloading" or "we got a man down". Normaly they sound convincing and can help draw you deeper in the game. With this demo..its really just laughable (is that a real word). Also the sound effects in the game just plain suck. It reminds me of the Goldeneye game for the Wii were guns dont have a distinguished sound.

Gameplay:

The gameplay seems to be ok...when your not having lag issues. From what a lot of people Ive played with and a lot of friends who have tried and gave up on the demo...the lag is pathetic. It ranges from little lag to a time a full 2 sec delay. I know all game have lag but when a game features the COD killcam and even the kill cam is lagged...something is really wrong.  Also I dont know if its just me or not but the control pads button sensitivity is off. Ill try to hit the down button and instead pull out my grenade. I dont have this problem with other games.

Map:

The map itself is cool. There isnt a real corner or area where a team can have the upper hand. Multiple paths to get to another area. Overall I really like the map itself.

Final Score: 7/10

I know this is a demo..so dont flame for this. But a demo is suppose to represent the final product. Medal of Honor showed how terrible the game was going to be..while Bad Company 's demo was so good my buddy bought an xbox just for it. The lag and hit detection will more then likely be worked out..hopfully before the games release.

My big complaint is...It doesnt feel like anything new. I honestly felt like i was playing Shadowrun and Blacklight: tango down. I actually played a game of Blacklight after playing crysis 2 and...well...still enjoyed Blacklight..and really dont care about Crysis..I cant explain it but...tho the graphics arent the same...the games feels the same..Same sorta look/style..

So this is my review...hope it helps..

btw..someone needs to tell the GDI that Crysis stole their ION Cannon Satellite.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"