By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crysis 2: Exclusive Multiplayer Demo for Xbox 360 Announced

Eurogamer

A multiplayer Crysis 2 demo is heading exclusively to Xbox Live on 25th January, publisher EA has announced.

The demo will feature the game's Skyline map and two game modes: Team Instant Action and Crash Site. The former pits two teams against each other as they attempt to kill as many opponents as possible to earn higher ranks. In the latter you'll battle for control of alien drop pods, earning points by guarding their pods and keeping enemies at bay.

EA also revealed what goodies lie in store for anyone prepared to stump up for a pre-order. Early birds get a limited edition of the game which includes a camouflage skinned SCAR assault rifle and early access to the Holo Decoy - a weapon attachment that projects a moving holographic mirror of the player.

On top of that, you'll also get Platinum Dog Tags displaying your multiplayer rank and stats as well as a Bonus XP award to boost your rank.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-21-xbox-360-gets-exclusive-crysis-2-demo

Around the Network

Hey, Microsoft just got another excluisve:  Crysis 2 Multiplayer DEMO( yeah, a exclusive DEMO), lol.

Shit that's only a couple of days away, I'm down.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

I'll give it a go for sure.  Very curious to see the engine on a console.  That is if this is available in Europe, which I hope it is.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

rrrnearrr said:

Hey, Microsoft just got another excluisve:  Crysis 2 Multiplayer DEMO( yeah, a exclusive DEMO), lol.

Trolololoolololololololololololol

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network

Pretty excited for this, despite my dislike of Crytek thanks to the "We're so awesome, look at our pheasant feathers", I may be coming around to giving it a go to see whether it's any good, after all I do not prejudice products.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

rrrnearrr said:

360's 2011 lineup is looking amazing!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I'll play the demo on 360 and the real game on PS3. I just don't see the point in not putting a demo out for both consoles.

Customizable Nanosuits (think that was in there before the edit?) sounds like it might make for some unbalanced matches...

Regardless, I dig multiplayer games and HEY, I got a gold account...I might just have to try this!  Thanks for the find!

chocoloco said:

I'll play the demo on 360 and the real game on PS3. I just don't see the point in not putting a demo out for both consoles.

It's called getting paid.  Upfront money for your big time AAA game that cost a lot to make is always an incentive.