By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Demon's Souls is still chugging along, getting closer to the 1 million mark!

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
A203D said:
huaxiong90 said:

Those PS3 numbers in the states...it's the one missing key from ensuring second place in weekly sales.

Still, overall it's a tie, and I'm happy for every console.

What could Sony do?? they dont have half a billion to spend like Microsoft did. at least PS3 is competively doing well despite the price and marketing advantages of the other 2 home consoles.

Sony's marketing expenses for 2009 were ~5 Billion.  So ten times what Microsoft spent on Kinect.

Obviously Sony has to spread those marketing dollars out over a lot of products, but please stop pretending like poor little old Sony couldn't do anything.

We don't know thier marketing budget for the PS3 and Move but even if we were to find out that it was less than Microsoft, let's remember that that was Sony's choice to not spend thier marketing dolars thier, not a lack of marketing dollars.

Sony market just as much as Microsoft and the only reason why people keep bringing up the half million is to win themselves out of an argument.

kowenicki said:

Interesting stats... (well, they are to me)

2m plus sellers:

360: 61

PS3: 37

Wii: 35

5m plus sellers:

Wii: 15

360: 12

PS3: 6

I think the moral of that is once games on nintendo start selling they go nuts. On the 360, they do well at the start but then they all sell about the same. Lower than I thought 2m wii sellers imo. I thought they had more than that.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

DKCR to reach 4m next week

palancas7 said:

How come Epic Mickey is not getting adjusted in America???
NPD: 1.3m in December alone in the US.

Here: 1,279,261, and that's including January sales and the whole of Americas. Come on that's a massive discrepancy. -_-'

Because being right in front of sony fans is more important than  mickey fans! :P

Around the Network
TRios_Zen said:
A203D said:
huaxiong90 said:

Those PS3 numbers in the states...it's the one missing key from ensuring second place in weekly sales.

What could Sony do?? they dont have half a billion to spend like Microsoft did. at least PS3 is competively doing well despite the price and marketing advantages of the other 2 home consoles.

Sony's marketing expenses for 2009 were ~5 Billion.  So ten times what Microsoft spent on Kinect.

Obviously Sony has to spread those marketing dollars out over a lot of products, but please stop pretending like poor little old Sony couldn't do anything.

We don't know thier marketing budget for the PS3 and Move but even if we were to find out that it was less than Microsoft, let's remember that that was Sony's choice to not spend thier marketing dolars thier, not a lack of marketing dollars.

That being said, and before I'm considered a hater, I live in the states, and I just took advantage of the $50 gift card at amazon to buy my 2nd PS3 (to replace my 60GB that I lent to a nephew).  So I'm doing my part (but still think 360 has America in the bag going forward).

As always, your posting is appreciated.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

A203D said:
huaxiong90 said:

So now Sony is the little company that could?

Gotta love it!

I wonder when the people in question will realize that Sony is not some measly kebab shop and therefore can't afford such large advertising costs, they just chose not to. Really, this whole "BUT THEY HAD 500M BUDGET" has got to be one of the most overused phrases in the fanboy arsenal.

@OT, the closeness between X360 and PS3 is surreal, next week PS3 will probably overtake 360, pending if Americas sees a large drop.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

ethomaz said:

Just to remember... my maths about GT5 undertracked in Americas about 150k was right.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3868703

Nica to see I was in the right path.

But you also said:

"By logic GT5 will be never tracked below GT4 except the last 3 weeks of december in GT4 sales."

and

"But I believe GT5 will be tracked above GT4 until the holiday season of GT4 (8 months to go)... so the gap will increasing."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3844236

So take credit for your failures as well as your successes.

NotStan said:

I wonder when the people in question will realize that Sony is not some measly kebab shop and therefore can't afford such large advertising costs, they just chose not to. Really, this whole "BUT THEY HAD 500M BUDGET" has got to be one of the most overused phrases in the fanboy arsenal.

@OT, the closeness between X360 and PS3 is surreal, next week PS3 will probably overtake 360, pending if Americas sees a large drop.

LBP2 and ME2 next week for PS3, i dont think the PS3 will have a drop. I think it will do 90k next week.