By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I cant believe it... Go PS3!

Whats pushing the PS3 hardware in Europe?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

@gebx

The brand name

mM
gebx said:
Whats pushing the PS3 hardware in Europe?
Gimped 40GBs and unrequired love.

I'm bored I want to see the software chart.

leo-j said:
@gebx

The brand name

And the massive TV spot campaign... and of course some games that are good to keep.

Plus, Im reading alot of mags that recomend the PS3 as this years christmas present.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

Good question gebx, it would seem that Europe doesn't really like the xbox, which would lead bigger sales for the PS3, at least that's the way i assume it is. Bouht PES2008 for the PS2, it ain't bad. Not a great improvement, but does feel kind of refreshing nonetheless.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Bladeneo said:
Well, the gap may increase or discrease as of yet. Last week the PS3 recieved quite a boost (as did the 360 i think) from the initial numbers, but on first glance looks like a nice week in Europe at least. Hopefully NA will see a boost, America does hate the PS3.

QFT

Famine said:
Will this be the first time in console gaming where Europe and the rest, aside from NA and Japan, will determine a console's survival?

Sega Genesis a.k.a. Sega Mega Drive

maybe close to a 500K week? not bad. I predicted a massive European christmas for PS3 and I got it. Sony are putting loads of TV ads out for the PS3 where as MS aren't advertizing the 360 at all, I havent seen a 360 ad in months.

I think 9M by the end of the year is just about reachable.

routsounmanman said:

Sega Genesis a.k.a. Sega Mega Drive

Should have rephrased the question. What I meant to ask is this the first time where a console sold more in "Others," and has been beneficial in it's survival?