By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's next move in the fight against piracy, we all knew it'd come to this

dsister said:
Xen said:

More what games? Homebrew HD titles? Dreamcast emulation while even the PC emulator is shit?

Another OS that you and 99.9% of PS3 users never used?

More media formats that can be converted on the fly w/PS3 media server?

This whole PS Jailbreak is an excuse to stop buying games, PERIOD.

It already has a couple emus

It was the only thing keeping the majority of the [good] hackers away. Including 0verflow

PS3 Media server? Is that the thing where you connect it to the PC?

The why did the PSgroove, and Geohot's CFW block back-ups to begin with? And even 0verflow says they don't like piracy

He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy - prowl some modchip sites, like I do, and check what features the dongles they well offer you... EMUs are best on PC. And yes, Media server is a direct to PC connection, and it works AWESOME. 

Around the Network
Xen said:

He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy - prowl some modchip sites, like I do, and check what features the dongles they well offer you... 

Your argument confuses me!

"This whole PS Jailbreak is an excuse to stop buying games, PERIOD." ;_;

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:
Xen said:

He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy - prowl some modchip sites, like I do, and check what features the dongles they well offer you...

Hint: The features include the ability to play "backups"

Xen said:
dsister said:
Xen said:

The PSgroove originally launched and it blocked out backups. As did Geohots custom firmware 

dsister said:
Xen said:
dsister said:
Xen said:

The PSgroove originally launched and it blocked out backups. As did Geohots custom firmware 

The far more popular Amazebreak and ecliPS3 never did, and they thrive on that feature. As do 100's of other clones.

Around the Network

Hint: You can use a gun to kill people.

(You have a choice to not kill people.)

Cute.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Xen said:

The far more popular Amazebreak and ecliPS3 never did, and they thrive on that feature. As do 100's of other clones.

Still your argument confuses me, and you apparently as you changed your statement halfway through

He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy

dsister said:
Xen said:

Still your argument confuses me, and you apparently as you changed your statement halfway through

How is it confusing?

The dongle is an excuse not to buy games. Some hacker dude says he doesn't support that, but supports homebrew. I still say that they all use it instead of legit copies of games. How did I change my stance midway?

Xen said:
dsister said:
Xen said:

How is it confusing?

The dongle is an excuse not to buy games. Some hacker dude says he doesn't support that, but supports homebrew. I still say that they all use it instead of legit copies of games. How did I change my stance midway?

Dsister gets confused easily, it seems.