By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's next move in the fight against piracy, we all knew it'd come to this

poroporo said:
Xen said:
dsister said:
Xen said:

The far more popular Amazebreak and ecliPS3 never did, and they thrive on that feature. As do 100's of other clones.

Still your argument confuses me, and you apparently as you changed your statement halfway through

This whole PS Jailbreak is an excuse to stop buying games, PERIOD.

He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy

How is it confusing?

The dongle is an excuse not to buy games. Some hacker dude says he doesn't support that, but supports homebrew. I still say that they all use it instead of legit copies of games. How did I change my stance midway?

Dsister gets confused easily, it seems.

Sure does.

Around the Network

Xen said: This whole PS Jailbreak is an excuse to stop buying games, PERIOD.

I was arguing against this point. Not everyone that gets it will use it for piracy. Not even the original creators of the new jailbreak 
Xen then said: He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy
That's what i was arguing. Xen agreed with me! I don't get what else he is saying -____-

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

dsister said:

Xen said: This whole PS Jailbreak is an excuse to stop buying games, PERIOD.

I was arguing against this point. Not everyone that gets it will use it for piracy. Not even the original creators of the new jailbreak 
Xen then said: He can say whatever, nut everyone who gets one gets it for piracy
That's what i was arguing. Xen agreed with me! I don't get what else he is saying -____-

Lol, I put "n" instead of "b" and not "u" instead of "o".

I'm somewhat skeptical on this, the rumoured system sounds like cd keys that PC games have been using for ages and those had key generators which could generate keys and a number of copied games where hacked to not even have them. This isn't like Steam as your PC doesn't have a key that can tell Valve everything is legit, if they have the master keys then surely pirates can just use a bit of programing to fool the system that a game is running off it's disc or that a randomly generated number is legit it's been done on PC for years.

I see this as more of a preventative measure against cheaters then anything.  Since Sony has free accounts banning people has little effect. This allows them to continue banning you until you run out of keys. 

Around the Network
dsister said:

I see this as more of a preventative measure against pirates then anything.  Since Sony has free accounts banning people has little effect. This allows them to continue banning you until you run out of keys. 

Listen. Just like in the PC world, patches can circumvent key activation. Thus, it has little effect on pirates. Game is released, patch is released a few hours later, etc. This measure is just an extra step for pirates to enjoy their games.

However, it keeps them off the network, and that's the whole point. You don't want pirates/hackers to play along with legit users, because chaos with undoubtebly unfold.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sony doesn't mind hackers paying $60 to get five 'tries' online before using the banhammer. They don't give a toss about pirates, as long as they play offline, because offline sucks.

AFAIK FPS fans do not enjoy SP campaigns very much. :D

dsister said:
baggy said:

So it a game ps3 game can only be used on 5 different systems?? If so that sucks balls...

5PSN accounts. If you have your account on a second console then it wouldn't be a problem 

ooooh ok thats fine then. 

poroporo said:
dsister said:

I see this as more of a preventative measure against pirates then anything.  Since Sony has free accounts banning people has little effect. This allows them to continue banning you until you run out of keys. 

Listen. Just like in the PC world, patches can circumvent key activation. Thus, it has little effect on pirates. Game is released, patch is released a few hours later, etc. This measure is just an extra step for pirates to enjoy their games.

However, it keeps them off the network, and that's the whole point. You don't want pirates/hackers to play along with legit users, because chaos with undoubtebly unfold.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sony doesn't mind hackers paying $60 to get five 'tries' online before using the banhammer. They don't give a toss about pirates, as long as they play offline, because offline sucks.

I edited my post. I meant to say cheater. I might be wrong but I do believe we are saying the same thing.

Also aren't BO and MW 2 the two most downloaded 360 games?

dsister said:
poroporo said:
dsister said:

I edited my post. I meant to say cheater. I might be wrong but I do believe we are saying the same thing.

Also aren't BO and MW 2 the two most downloaded 360 games?

Most likely.

poroporo said:

Most likely.

So obviously FPS fans do enjoy SP campaigns ;)