By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Million Sellers Club of 2011

Smeags said:
yo_john117 said:

Sorry Smeags for causing trouble

Your doing an awesome job though so keep up the good work

You're good man you're good!

I understand that it was somewhat confusing, since I had both types of "million sellers" up on there, instead of focusing on just one. In fact, because of that discussion I'm actually redoing thread to make it even better. Without your discussion I wouldn't have made that change, so I really do appreciate your feedback here.

So please, if you have a question or concern in the future, just ask away. ^_^

Thanks man, can't wait to see what improvements you make

Around the Network

awesome thread, as always smeags! lovin' it so far!

Wii should see a lot of older games cross the million mark this year, like Tiger Woods, Rabbids go Home, Fifa, Madden, Lego indiana Jones, the biggets loser, guiness world records, nerf n' strike (possibly both), Rock Band 2, maybe Naruto and WWE, Cooking Mama, EA sports Active 2, Sonic Racing, and also many from 2010 like sonic colours, metroid (crossing my fingers for that one), cod: bo, goldeneye, uDraw, Mario Sports, Pikachu's adventure, Endless Ocean 2, sims 3... I'm also hoping some older games like HotD and RE: DC and de blob get a boost but I doubt they'd pass a million... maybe de blob if it gets a re-release to go with the sequel.

Plus it turns out games like The Price is Right and All Star Cheer squad are still selling well for whatever reason...not to mention all of Ubi's new wave of dance games and Rabbids in Time... and these are just the old games... When you add the likes of Zelda, Pikmin3, unannounced Wii X games (like the rumored Music 2), a few more unknowns from Nintendo and some from third parties (such as DQX if it makes it this year) I think Wii has a real shot at winning this year, even if I am not proud of many of these soon-to-be million sellers...

Hell, it might even surpass the amount of million sellers from 2010 (30 I think...)

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

@Gumby Trucker

It'll be a great year for sure. There'll definitely be a great mix of old and new. And that's not just for the Wii either. The PS3 had a big push of older titles late last year, and its looking like the 360 will have a nice push of older titles this year as well. Should be great for all home consoles.

As for the handhelds... well... seeing as Black/White already hit Platinum last year, there's not much else out there. I'm just hoping that Super Scribblenauts gets it this year. That game was great. And the PSP continues to be the PSP, although Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines looks to hit the mark this year. But all eyes will be on the 3DS (and PSP2 later this year). It'll be fun to watch.

OT:

Well, I've started to make my changes, and I'm liking what's going on so far. No more lists of "2011 only" sellers, but a more in depth look at titles that are reaching the million mark. I've only started the 360 and Wii sections, so hopefully I'll be finished with the rest of them today after classes. Also, NBA 2K11 totally slipped by me! The 360 has a 2011 million seller and no one told me.

If you're confused on how games make it on the "Going for the Goal" section, please read what I do on the top post. And if you see any games I missed that meet those requirements, please shout them out! Thanks!

@Smeags

I LOVE going for the goal! what a great addition! you rule!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Seriously people, there was an identical thread to this one last year that was up all year.  The rules and criteria haven't changed, so why start complaining about them now??

Anyway, great job Smeags, I always love seeing the updates to this thread...

Around the Network

yeah focusing on the games that are close to 1,000,000 makes it more clear.  Taking out the best sellers of the year that had already crossed the million marker years before is good as well.  If someone wants to make a thread for games that sell over a million in copies just in 2011 they can make a seperate thread :P

the new revision of the chart actually makes sense...and it's more intresting as it makes possibile knowing how many million sellers a platform had at the beginning of 2011 (we know the total million seller updated every week from vgchartz but till now we had no way to determine how many million sellers added up in a solar yerar for a given platform). Well done :)

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Should I title the new feature "Going for the Goal" or "Path to Platinum"? I kind of like the latter.

@Everyone

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really appreciate it. The new layout/feature really gets me pumped, and hopefully this can spark more and more discussion about things that aren't "hardware wars" related.

Week Two (Week of Gooooooooooooal!)

Overall

• The Rankings:
    • PS3 edges ahead of the pack with two million sellers!
  • Other
    • Path to Platinum has been implemented!

• Million Sellers:
    • NA
  • Path to Platinum:
    • Ninja Gaiden II added!
    • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 added!
    • UFC Undisputed 2010 added!
    • Dead Rising 2 added!
    • Just Cause 2 added!
    • Alan Wake added!

3DS

• As the console is releasing in February/March, no data will be available until then.

DS

• Million Sellers:
    • NA
  • Path to Platinum:
    • Imagine: Babysitters added!
    • SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepants added!
    • Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs added!

Wii

• Million Sellers:
    • NA
  • Path to Platinum:
    • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 added!
    • Rabbids Go Home added!
    • Lego Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues added!
    • PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Big Adventure added!
    • uDraw Studio added!
    • Game Party 3 added!
    • GoldenEye 007 added!

PS3

• Million Sellers:
    • 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa
  • Path to Platinum:
    • Demon's Souls added!
    • Just Cause 2 added!
    • Yakuza 3 added!
    • Bioshock 2 added!
    • F1 2010 added!

PSP

• Million Sellers:
    • NA
  • Path to Platinum:
    • The Sims 2 added!
    • Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines added!

I'm posting here to say great work, and to predict that the PS3 will win this years competition, followed by the 3DS.