By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour : 3DS already hacked to run pirated games.

Immortal said:
Icyedge said:

Theres a difference between calling the people who pirate "no good thieves who care nothing for the industry", than calling the core gamer that way. Even so, I sometime pirate yet I care for the industry and purchase more game than most.

I suppose we don't have figures to work with, but I'd imagine that almost all core gamers pirate, at least a little bit, like you. Also, whilst I guess the "care nothing for the industry" part can be scrapped for people like you who I'd presume are the majority, you could still, in theory, be referred to as a "no good thief".

I'm just arguing for the heck of it, mind you, I'm not actually calling you a no good thief.

I dont really mind if you consider me thief, after all, thats a theft act. Good or bad doesnt mean anything though. Between, your conception is wrong if you think most core gamer hack. Its a minority of user wheter they are casual or core. Surely, the core gamer, who usually have more technologic knowledge result in a higher percentage of hacker, still being a minority of those said users.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

well. this is to be expected.

look at DSi, hacked before launch. Nintendo doesn't care at all, not when it helps boost hardware sales.

Has nintendo done ANYTHING to ease piracy on DS platform? don't be surprised if the trend continues

You are a freaking joke xD

I dont think this is real....

Icyedge said:
Immortal said:
Icyedge said:

Theres a difference between calling the people who pirate "no good thieves who care nothing for the industry", than calling the core gamer that way. Even so, I sometime pirate yet I care for the industry and purchase more game than most.

I suppose we don't have figures to work with, but I'd imagine that almost all core gamers pirate, at least a little bit, like you. Also, whilst I guess the "care nothing for the industry" part can be scrapped for people like you who I'd presume are the majority, you could still, in theory, be referred to as a "no good thief".

I'm just arguing for the heck of it, mind you, I'm not actually calling you a no good thief.

I dont really mind if you consider me thief, after all, thats a theft act. Good or bad doesnt mean anything though. Between, your conception is wrong if you think most core gamer hack. Its a minority of user wheter they are casual or core. Surely, the core gamer, who usually have more technologic knowledge result in a higher percentage of hacker, still being a minority of those said users.

Not talking about morals here - I just said that they have a higher tendency to be no good (just an adjective to make it sound drastic, not a moral judgement) thieves (that may or may not be bad) if we cut out the not caring about the industry part. So you agree with that, right?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Wow... great investigating guys... did anyone go and read the article (or at least translate it into English using Google Translate?)

The whole thing was a 'scare' hoax to try and get people... the ORIGINAL rumor comment comes from the site www.pspds.net

If you go have a looksee you will see what I mean.

This whole story is bogus.

Immortal said:
Icyedge said:
Immortal said:
Icyedge said:

Not talking about morals here - I just said that they have a higher tendency to be no good (just an adjective to make it sound drastic, not a moral judgement) thieves (that may or may not be bad) if we cut out the not caring about the industry part. So you agree with that, right?

They dont have a higher tendency to be no good, they simply have more technologic knowledge. I do agree there is a higher percentage of hacking in the core userbase but not because those user have a higher tendency of doing bad thing.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:

well. this is to be expected.

look at DSi, hacked before launch. Nintendo doesn't care at all, not when it helps boost hardware sales.

Has nintendo done ANYTHING to ease piracy on DS platform? don't be surprised if the trend continues

In light of the bigger picture. Nintendo only cares as a company to the other developers. In the hard reality of it all. Nintendo as a corporate entity however doesn't care.

Let's take an other example of a company who doesn't give a shit about piracy of their software by the consuming masses. Microsoft and Windows OS line. MS doesn't care. It's not about the pirates will figure away. It's that MS doesn't care, but they have to for the public appearance. MS real money comes from selling to businesses and the average consumer who has the disposable income to buy the software for convenience.

MS continues to keep Windows the biggest largest OS to date because it creates a circular market. Users get use to it at work. Now that the user is used to it at work. They want to use what they are familiar with. So when they get a computer they get Windows. People who have Windows at home don't want to learn a new OS at work. So companies get Windows for their computers to reduce learning time for their employees. It's circular.

The same applies for the dominant console. Pirated consoles increase sales of hardware. Increased hardware increases the "friend" sale. Once out side the immidiat pirater influence(ie friend or family) the "friend" sale goes to people who don't pirate and will buy their games. 

Nintendo and MS only care as so far to keep third parties to continue to make games. That's the end of it their. no more. Also just remember that the corporate entity and corporate employee are different. The entity doesn't really care. 

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

OriGin said:
Wow... great investigating guys... did anyone go and read the article (or at least translate it into English using Google Translate?)

The whole thing was a 'scare' hoax to try and get people... the ORIGINAL rumor comment comes from the site www.pspds.net

well leav it too Euphoria to spread the bad fals news/rumors :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Heh.... yeah, I've been lurking, but not posting much at all - this place has been over-run by a lot of crazed lunatics.

Personally, I find the open member policy of sites that have got such wide recognition as this to be a problem, because there are a LOT of crazy inept people on this board.
It wasn't ALWAYS like this, I remember when things were just starting up and we could have some really good and interesting philosophical discussion - now it's just crazy fanboy fights all the time (okay I'm generalising) but still.
It's funny how many  major news sites have run with this story despite it's bs'ness.  Theire credibility is certainly fried - who runs a major blog and doesn't test what they're reporting?

OriGin said:
Heh.... yeah, I've been lurking, but not posting much at all - this place has been over-run by a lot of crazed lunatics.

Personally, I find the open member policy of sites that have got such wide recognition as this to be a problem, because there are a LOT of crazy inept people on this board.
It wasn't ALWAYS like this, I remember when things were just starting up and we could have some really good and interesting philosophical discussion - now it's just crazy fanboy fights all the time (okay I'm generalising) but still.
It's funny how many  major news sites have run with this story despite it's bs'ness.  Theire credibility is certainly fried - who runs a major blog and doesn't test what they're reporting?

Kind of sad, I mean forum discussion whatever, but you would think those that post articles would do a little bit of research. 

OriGin said:

Thanks for the tip!

Bad Euphoria14! Edit your OP immediately young man! >:(

Also, does anyone else remember something like this being posted here not too long ago? In fact, I think it was the same story of how the 3DS was already hacked or something