By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DC Universe selling out in EU? SONY increasing servers to meet demand.

might consider it, but will wait till early feb to decide wether to actually get this or ff14 on the ps3.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

Someone is jumping to conclusions.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

according to wow catas first week and the guild wars 2 devs eu is a big market for mmos, especially in germany.

or maye some people didnt know about the montly fees.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

might consider it, but will wait till early feb to decide wether to actually get this or ff14 on the ps3.

are you sure that with the reviews it got ff14 will get 1 sale?

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

This game has the potential of becoming REAL big!Can't wait to see how it performs in the next weeks.

Around the Network

what I have seen of the gameplay of this game looked awesome...so I hope i does well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

zgamer5 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

are you sure that with the reviews it got ff14 will get 1 sale?

Well to SE's credit, they did say they are overhauling the game for the PS3, so it could turn out great.

@ OP

Looks like Sony is starting 2011 out right.  Hope they continue.  Though I have no doubts.  I think they want this to be the year they claim 2nd as much as the Sony supporters do.

FFXIV ... *sigh*.. wasnt bad. its just a shit-covered Gem. (have the PC Version here.)

If they can fix the 50.000 Problems, i'll definetly get it.

@MMO:

big in germany? cool.. but it didnt surprise me, the serverlist of WoW is pretty big. (even if i think the UK list is bigger.. but i am not sure.)

@DC Launch success:

as i said, the first sales arent important, the players over time are. (look at aion.) but well, i hope DC runs well. i couldnt care less for so called super heroes (i hate them) but if it is a good game (and its finally an MMORPG on PS3!) it surely deserves it.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Someone is jumping to conclusions.

Might be, but it is indeed true that some people are having trouble locating the game in brick and mortar shops and even SOE is reporting that the game is selling beyond expectations and that their initial expectations were big.

I can only go with what i've got.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

While many MMOs fail to make a serious impression on the gaming industry, DC Universe Online has a serious chance at capturing not only MMO fans, but also comic book and console fans. Even though the game has been out for less than a week, DCUO is selling better than hot cakes, with publisher SOE apologising for the limited stock and promising to send more to retail as soon as possible.

John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment explained on his twitter that the game was sold out in most stores:

"More units of DCUO are otw [on the way] to retail. The game is sold out in a lot of stores. Sorry. More coming asap."

A later tweet shows that not only are the people buying the game in droves, but that they are also continuing to play the game, with servers at maximum capacity – despite the publisher already having added new servers:

"We are hitting very high usage on our servers and are working on adding capacity. Sorry for any short downtime while we are doing that."

With Sony Online Entertainment having predicted big things for the apparently $50 million blockbuster game, sales must have been truly incredible to beat their expectations.

Do you have DCUO, or are you planning on picking it up at a later date? Let us know in the comments below.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/01/16/dcuo-sells-out-soe-sending-more-units-to-retail/

What do you expect first week EMEAA sales to be?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!