By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DC Universe selling out in EU? SONY increasing servers to meet demand.

With the release of DC Universe Online in the European territories, Sony Online Entertainment is pleased to announce today that they will be adding more servers to meet the demands for European players who just got the game this week.

The overwhelming support of players who bought DC Universe Online has forced Sony Online Entertainment to push more servers as more players are joining the cult MMO this year. Today, SOE will be opening up new EU servers that are based in their US Data Center. In the near future, SOE, will be adding additional server in their EU based data center and when that happens, they will move the servers to that facility.

Is DC Universe Online that good? You bet it is! So far, it’s addicting!

DC Universe Online is now available on the PlayStation 3 and PC. We will have a lot of DC Universe Online coverage in a few days.

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/01/15/more-servers-coming-to-dc-universe-online-to-meet-demand/

I ask the first question because I have been reading about people saying they can not find a copy of it due to sell outs.

I wonder if it is pushing systems as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I would have never thought that this would happen.

if it really does take off... i will be shocked, it will be a sleeper hit. 

to even do over 1mil on this would be amazing

Another article about the server increase, but more importantly check the tweet,

SOE’s delayed mmorpg set in the world of DC comics finally became available for the PS3 and PC on January 11th in North America and the 14th in Europe where according to John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment, the game is seeing more players than expected.

Today Smedley tweeted that they were adding more servers to the game due to an influx of players, mainly in Europe.  “Adding more servers in the US and the EU. Way more people came to play in the EU than we expected. And we expected a lot!”

The servers for the PS3 and PC versions of DCU are separate so it’s unclear which version of the superhero mmorpg is receiving the most players right now. In DCU Online players can battle with and against famous/infamous comic book legends including Superman, Batman, the Joker, and Lex Luthor in several iconic locations.

http://thesilentchief.com/2011/01/15/dc-universe-online-a-hit-in-europe/

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

The Success of an MMO depends on the ammount of players over time, not the initial sales.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

ii cant find a copy in my city in the us either :(  looking for ps3, might get pc version if i cant find a ps3 copy soon and get ps3 later just so i can try playing it

Sweet! Personally, I'm just waiting for some pricing option for the PS3 version to grab it. If I had a better laptop gaming wise, i would have this game already and a lifetime membership. 

cory.ok said:

ii cant find a copy in my city in the us either :(  looking for ps3, might get pc version if i cant find a ps3 copy soon and get ps3 later just so i can try playing it

Order on amazon! free shipping and no taxes i believe. $56.54

i'm not surprised. it's a good game according to my experience in beta. but $15/month is too much for me. plus i do want to avoid MMOs. they are very addicting and I will end up wasting a lot of time.

This game is awesome.  I've been playing it for the past couple days on PS3 and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone.

Seriously support it cause its sweet as hell and when I got on earlier today over half of the servers were completly full.