By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Sells 560.5K in December's NPD

psrock said:
Wagram said:

GT5 is doing very very well in EMEAA. Many people seem to think that NPD = World sales.

to be fair, the PS3 sold 1.2 million, what else can they complain about? And Sony gave us nothing in their PR, but about LBP2 which has zero commercial.

They gave us one tidbit! So don't say they gave us nothing. Quality not Quantity in December....in ps3s case it had no.....ok that was a lame joke. 

Around the Network

VG numbers are 718,784  for Americas.

560 for the US and 160 for the rest , sounds very accurate , well done

So , why do people seem so surprised ?!!

EDIT: Unless if I'm messing things up.

EDIT2: Nope I'm not, it's actually 700,000 - 750,000 in Americas.

Those are some good number IMO.

VXIII said:

They had GT5 at 694k for US in December and 1.106m in total in US.

So we now know it did 400k in November NPD and 560k in December NPD which means lifetime sales for GT5 in US are 950k.

Which means VGC in comparison to NPD have it 150k over-tracked in US. Or just under 10%.

Of course that isn't that much. And US isn't GT5's main region. EMEAA is. But if it is over-tracked in a far easier region to track like US then it does make you wonder how acurate the numbers in hard to track places like EMEAA are.

Meh numbers... GT5 deserve more.

Around the Network
Hyruken said:
VXIII said:

So we now know it did 400k in November NPD and 560k in December NPD which means lifetime sales for GT5 in US are 950k.

Which means VGC in comparison to NPD have it 150k over-tracked in US. Or just under 10%.

Of course that isn't that much. And US isn't GT5's main region. EMEAA is. But if it is over-tracked in a far easier region to track like US then it does make you wonder how acurate the numbers in hard to track places like EMEAA are.

I thought VG definition of US was larger than NPD coverage - i.e. VG should always be larger than NPD as it includes broader Americas vs USA centric NPD.  Or have I got it wrong?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Hyruken said:
VXIII said:

I thought VG definition of US was larger than NPD coverage - i.e. VG should always be larger than NPD as it includes broader Americas vs USA centric NPD.  Or have I got it wrong?

That, and the fact that it doesn't track all retailers and bundled copies.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

GT5 get released in some countrys in america during december so sounds good to say the rate for usa/americas was below 0,87

John_Doe said:

GT5 get released in some countrys in america during december so sounds good to say the rate for usa/americas was below 0,87

This.

The 0.87 ratio was made by VGC users... just ioi know the real ration between NA and US.

Wagram said:

GT5 is doing very very well in EMEAA. Many people seem to think that NPD = World sales.

No one thinks that. GT5 sales probably need a n adjustment right about now. It wasn't even in the Top 10 for Dec on the NPD charts. That's not good. I'm sure it was in EMEA's Top 10 though. It sold over 3 million copies in EMEA region. More then 60% of the game's sales. That % will probably increase throughout this year. GT5 was a good game, but nothing spectacular. The car physics was it's only saving grace. The premium cars look brilliant, but everything else was pretty average or only half completed. The game still seemed unfinished, which is why most reviewers were disappointed.

Wow.. even Kinect Sports outsold GT5 for the month. Yikes.

'gaming till I'm gone'