By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 profitable exclusives destroying PS3's will it last?

Seece said:
homer said:
Michael-5 said:
homer said:
Michael-5 said:

I think the proper term is "console exclusive" so they are exclusive, at least exclusively not on the other consoles.

Nope. A console exclusive is a game that is available on the consoles and not a pc so...

Hm.. that makes sence

If you are not being sarcastic I am happy, but if you are .... :(

On VGC a console exclusive = a game on one console and PC. There was a thread made by the at the time head mod so you can voice your opinion on what you think is what (actually I think some people got banned for it) but as far as VGC goes, and the forums, L4D2 and the likes are console exclusive.

Still not the correct meaning imo, but it is not worth arguing about.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
homer said:
Seece said:
homer said:
Michael-5 said:
homer said:
Michael-5 said:

I think the proper term is "console exclusive" so they are exclusive, at least exclusively not on the other consoles.

Nope. A console exclusive is a game that is available on the consoles and not a pc so...

Hm.. that makes sence

On VGC a console exclusive = a game on one console and PC. There was a thread made by the at the time head mod so you can voice your opinion on what you think is what (actually I think some people got banned for it) but as far as VGC goes, and the forums, L4D2 and the likes are console exclusive.

It's just a term, is it important? No.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

dsage01 said:

i think ps3 will win this year depending on killzone 3 and lbp 3 sales!

forza 4 shouldn't do that bad around 2.5-3.0 million max

gears 3 should do 3.5-4.0 million max

Within the year, you'r probably right, but at the same time this limits Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 sales as well.

So either way 360 should still be ontop

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

===== http://www.fashiongoods.us  ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

accept paypal and free shipping

====== http://www.fashiongoods.us ====

Micheal-5 uncharted is bigger than forza and uncharted resistance killzone can definitely knock over those 2 game pretty hard and don't forget there's agent and lbp 2!

so ps3 won this year

Around the Network

input this URL:
( http://www.fashiongoods.us )
you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
(jor dan s-h-o-e-s)
(NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
(cha nel w-a-l-l-e-t)
(D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
(ed har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
(UG G b-o-o-t)

WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

Michael-5 said:
homer said:
Seece said:
homer said:

It's just a term, is it important? No.

Wait, so terms are not important? Since when?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

dsage01 said:

Micheal-5 uncharted is bigger than forza and uncharted resistance killzone can definitely knock over those 2 game pretty hard and don't forget there's agent and lbp 2!

so ps3 won this year

Uncharted is not bigger then Forza, Forza 3 sold 4.62 million and Forza 2 sold 4.08 million, while Uncharted 2 sold 4.37 million, and Uncharted 1 sold 3.49 million. However Uncharted isn't much smaller then Forza.

Also if you combine Killzone 2, AND Resistance 2 sales,, it's still 1.47 million short of Gears of War 2. Add in LBP, and yea the three combined outsell Gears by 2.72 million, but MS has a lot more then just two exclusives this year, and your taking the four best selling PS3 exclusives.

If MS announces a Halo-title (like 343 Studios promised), then that will garentee MS exclusives outsell PS3 exclusives. Even without that, it's likely that each MS Kinect title will break 1 million sales, and how many Kinect games do you think will be on the 360 by years end? Enough to garentee MS above Sony.

micheal 5- forza is probably the second most bundled game for xbox 360

forza and odst bundle

forza and lego batman budle

free forza 3 with xbox 

and a lot more that i don't even remember btw forza and gears are coming late in the year when killzone,lbp,socom,dc universe coming out early in the year and agent,uncharted,resistance are gonna come out later in the year and most likely games like halo remake won't come out even if it does come out those 3 games aren't gonna pass 10 million when games like uncharted can do 3.5 million at the least here's my though on how ps3 and xbox exclusives are gonna sell

uncharted 3: 3.5 million

killzone 3: 2.5 million

lbp 2: 3 million

resistance 3: 1.5-2 million

agent: 3 million

socom: 1.5million

dc universe: .6 million

= around 16 million

gears 3: 4 million

forza 4: 2-2.5 million

kinect games-2.5 million

halo remake- 2.5 million-3million ( remakes never sell that good)

= around 11 million

my reason why xbox exclusives won't outsell ps3 exclusives

dsage01 said:

micheal 5- forza is probably the second most bundled game for xbox 360

forza and odst bundle

forza and lego batman budle

free forza 3 with xbox 

and a lot more that i don't even remember btw forza and gears are coming late in the year when killzone,lbp,socom,dc universe coming out early in the year and agent,uncharted,resistance are gonna come out later in the year and most likely games like halo remake won't come out even if it does come out those 3 games aren't gonna pass 10 million when games like uncharted can do 3.5 million at the least here's my though on how ps3 and xbox exclusives are gonna sell

uncharted 3: 5 million

killzone 3: 2.5 million

lbp 2: 4.5 million

resistance 3: 1.5-2 million

agent: 3 million - IF released in 2011

InFamous 2 - 2 million

Motorstorm - 2 million

Move games - 4 million (Move Heros, Sorcery and others)

Ratchet & Clank - 1-2 million

socom 4: 1.5million

The Last Guardian - 1-2 million

Twisted Metal - 1-1.5 million

ICO Collection, Yakuza 4, White Knight Chronicles 2 - 1.5-2 million

dc universe: .6 million

= around 30 million

gears 3: 6-7 million

forza 4: 5 million

kinect games - 2.5 million - Probably higher. Kinect Sports and Dance Central alone sold 4 million already, add Kinectimals and Kinect Joy Ride and thats 5 million sales for 2 months on 4 games. With Project Dragon, Steel Batallion, Star Wars Kinect and a rumored Gears of War and Fight Night Kinect title, it's very likely that Kinect exclusives alone will total 10 million, or more.

halo remake - 6 million ( remakes never sell that good) - Should top ODST as Halo 1 is the best Halo in the franchise

MechWarrior = 0.5

Project Kingdoms = 1-2 million

Dungeon Hero (Firefly Studios) - No Clue

Dead Island, Prey 2, and Haunt = 1-2 million

= around 32 million

my reason why xbox exclusives won't outsell ps3 exclusives

Forza Motorsport 3 sold over 3 million units before it began being bundled, and then sold another 1.7 million more So about 2/3rds of that games sales are unbundled, and I would say about 50% of Forza 2 sales are bundled. That is heavily bundled, but still, Forza 4 should sell 3 million units on it's own, maybe even 4 million, and that's still quite a bit.

Also, I think this point is argueable in 2 ways. Your arguing software sold by the end of 2011, but the title of the thread doesn't limit us to that. I think it's fair to talk about lifetime figures of games released in 2011 because if your just talking software, Kinect Adventures will likely sell 5-10 million in 2011, and MS software revenue should still be higher then Sony.

On a sales front the difference isn't that much for games released in 2011, but still inclined toward MS, and were only assuming Kinect gets 10 million in software sales, it's very likely that it sells a lot more.

Note: Firefly Studios is an internal developer owned by MS, so chances are whatever they make will be at least a million seller, like most 1st party exclusives.