By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Dec 2010 Thread (Nov 28-Jan 1, data at 6:30 PM ET)

D-Joe said:
Seece said:
D-Joe said:
Seece said:
D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:

And software???

I'm going now... happy numbers for all.

@toastboy yeah I hope 360 overtracked in others regions too... get adjusted down 1M to match your previews shipment number at over 50m (VGC had it over 51M).

US oct~dec=3.555m,don't you think atleast 6.5 outside of US?

Yup, they did 2.6 mill Oct -Dec in U.S in 2008 and shipped 6 mill that Q. A 1 mill jump in U.S means a jump elsewhere. So only a 500k increase in shipments doesn't really make sense. 360 CAN sell consoles outside of U.S as well ...

well maybe 7

god knows

and i mean 7m in the world

Anything less than 7 mill shipped doesn't make logical sense, it would mean sales increase in U.S 1 million but decreased elsewhere by up to 1 mill? They likely increased as well, not decreased ..

ok so how many you think?

I don't know, I've learnt that predicting is kinda fruitless, always get thrown a curveball.

I'll say, LOGICALLY. I expect 7.5, things don't always pan out that way though.

Around the Network

I'm guessing Wii will get a price cut to $150 this september =>  2million sales December 2011 garanteed

Who's with me?n

Think for yourself, question authority

So the 360 and Wii were overtracked. PS3 spot on. But I'm curious about the software sales. Any indication of something being undertracked / overtracked ?  

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Bad Wii HW #'s

Pretty good Wii SW #'s

Congrats to Mickey and DK!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Oh wow, didn't see that coming. Dang 360 overtracked by a lot. It makes France's overtracking not look so bad though.

/silver lining

Around the Network

so we are going to have to redo kowenicki holiday table then

Above & Beyond

In actuality, it was all three, and Xbox's David Dennis was making the media rounds tonight to talk about it. "We're super pleased with the response we saw," Dennis said, "and we're just working hard to get supply back on the shelves and keep January and February on track as well." During the second half of the December, Dennis said Microsoft resorted to air shipping consoles in to meet customer demand.

"For us, the focus was trying to get as much on the shelves before that last push before Christmas. It's not cheap to do things like that but we've got a bunch of really smart MBAs to figure out the right balance when to shift back to our traditional process." That traditional process is the far more affordable, but far slower, ocean-based freight. It's not like there aren't any more Xboxes to go around, retailers will simply have "fewer than [they] normally would have."

Industrygamers

With the NPD data continuing to trickle in, we now see that 1.21 million units of the PS3 were sold during December. That's certainly not bad but it represents an 11% decline, versus Xbox 360's 42% jump. The last two months of the year are the two most important in the gaming business when everyone shops for the holidays. With December in the rear-view, totals can be added, and we see that PS3's total for November-December is just 1.74 million compared to Xbox 360's whopping 3.27 million.

That represents a difference of 88%, and it has to be somewhat disappointing for Sony. We still don't know how many units of Move have truly been sold through to consumers - last we heard, Sony announced it had shipped over 4 million units. Worse still, the lone 'AAA' title for PS3 this holiday season was Gran Turismo 5, and it didn't even make the top 10 chart.

While some analysts believe the PS3 will soon pass the Xbox 360 in installed base worldwide, these past couple months certainly don't point towards that. On the bright side, Sony does indeed have a very stacked exclusive games lineup for 2011.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-outsells-ps3-by-88-during-holidays-in-us/

Notorius.A.i.G said:

So the 360 and Wii were overtracked. PS3 spot on. But I'm curious about the software sales. Any indication of something being undertracked / overtracked ?  

It seems some games aren't bigger than others like Udraw > GT. (I am pretty sure more exist). 

Acevil said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems some games aren't bigger than others like Udraw > GT. (I am pretty sure more exist). 

Would that mean GT5 is overtracked ? Or Udraw is undertracked ? Cause if I'm not mistaken, GT5 outsold Udraw in NA for December.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E