By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

Scoobes said:
RolStoppable said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they really made a direct sequel, because FF XIII did cost a lot of money to make. This is an easy way to reuse most of the very same assets.

Not to mention the assets they made that didn't make it into the original.

OT: Gods no. Not getting this if it's anything like XIII.

Yeah i thought FF13 was a pretty awful game. now those developers will be busy on this, hopefully the other production team will be hard at work giving us a true RPG.

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Soriku said:

Featuring Lightning, Vanille, and Fang as the protagonists?

Vanille and Fang are dead, so no.

Errr... No, they're not dead.  They turned into crystal after completing their focus. ¬_¬

No if they come back the crystal pillar will break and pulse will collide with cocoon which could cause massive earthquakes. Those characters are as good as dead, FFXIII-2's plot will probably revolve around some other Evil that was mentioned in one of the analects (the evil the arks were built for) but not explored further in depth in the game.

That is a very narrow minded way to see this.  For all we know, they could easily find a way to make them come back.  Like, you know... using the Fal'Cie to help make Cocoon land on pulse without destroying everything, or you know, something better that you clearly can't think of.

I can probably think up of a better story for a game than any SE has made in the last 12 years, so don't go there. No need for personal insults, I just told you how impractical it is for Fang/Vanille to come back, the character arc of those seems to be over, thats why I define them as dead. Why would fal'cie want to land cocoon on Pulse? 1/3rd of it got destroyed (according to epilogue novel) so its useless, besides there are no fal'cie left, they all died at the end of FFXIII.

Anyone can say they can do better than someone.  Now, when it comes to proving it, that's an other story entirely. So, sorry if I'm going there, but I don't believe you can make a better story than they made in the last 12 years.  I

Now, re-read what I typed carefully, because I swear you really didn't understand a thing: "Like, you know... using the Fal'Cie to help make Cocoon land on Pulse without destroying everything."

Now as far as all the Fal'Cie dying at the end of the game... When, where, how? 

You do know that Pulse has Fal'Cie too, right?  Dahj and Sarah were turned into crystal after completing their focus, yet at the end, they turned back to normal after the death of Orphan.  

Fang and Vanille turned to crystal and stayed this way (duh!), meaning the Pulse Fal'Cie that gave them their focus is still alive and well.  As far as the ending is concerned, there is absolutely nothing that says the Pulse Fal'Cie died along with Orphan.  

Have you even seen the ending or what cocoon looks like?

You can't just make it "land" on pulse, its the size of the moon and it would just roll if it landed, don't be daft. Yes all the fal'cie died as soon as orphan was slain as they were all controlled by Orphan and no Pulse doesn't have Fal'cie, pulse has Titan's (Titan atomos, Titan they see at the top of the tower e.t.c.), any Pulse Fal'cie were taken to Cocoon during the war of transgression and they all persished at the end too as coon fell from the sky. Read the datalog the next time you play the game.

Seriously, you should apply your own advice to yourself.  Titan, Dahaka, Atomos are all Pulse Fal'Cie and are called as such in every Datalogs mentioning them. You either didn't read a thing, or just couldn't understand a thing of what you read.  

Here is what the Datalogs say about the Pulse Fal'Cie Titan:

"This colossal fal'Cie is said to be the guardian of Gran Pulse's entire ecosystem. A biogenitor, Titan consumes weaker species and gives birth to new ones, thereby providing the stimulation needed to prevent ecological stagnation.

Unlike many other Gran Pulse fal'Cie, Titan does not involve himself directly with tasks of terrestrial manipulation. However, it is possible that he performs more subtle alterations of the landscape through the adjustment of biological cycles and the introduction of new, environmentally impacting species."

ryuatsui said:

No... FF13 is crap enought we don't need another all, it's all fault of good sales they think that the game is actually good...

Please, enough with these silly excuses. I didn't like the game all that much either, but at the same time, it wasn't a sucky game, it was just horribly flawed. And then there's the fact that others enjoyed it a lot.

There's a difference between a polished piece of shit, and a flawed gem (FFXIII).

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Maybe they can use all the content they cut out of FFXIII. I remember some art director saying there was enough content cut from FFXIII to make another full game.

i can imagine wagram and darth's reaction to this 

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Soriku said:

Errr... No, they're not dead.  They turned into crystal after completing their focus. ¬_¬

No if they come back the crystal pillar will break and pulse will collide with cocoon which could cause massive earthquakes. Those characters are as good as dead, FFXIII-2's plot will probably revolve around some other Evil that was mentioned in one of the analects (the evil the arks were built for) but not explored further in depth in the game.

That is a very narrow minded way to see this.  For all we know, they could easily find a way to make them come back.  Like, you know... using the Fal'Cie to help make Cocoon land on pulse without destroying everything, or you know, something better that you clearly can't think of.

I can probably think up of a better story for a game than any SE has made in the last 12 years, so don't go there. No need for personal insults, I just told you how impractical it is for Fang/Vanille to come back, the character arc of those seems to be over, thats why I define them as dead. Why would fal'cie want to land cocoon on Pulse? 1/3rd of it got destroyed (according to epilogue novel) so its useless, besides there are no fal'cie left, they all died at the end of FFXIII.

Anyone can say they can do better than someone.  Now, when it comes to proving it, that's an other story entirely. So, sorry if I'm going there, but I don't believe you can make a better story than they made in the last 12 years.  I

Now, re-read what I typed carefully, because I swear you really didn't understand a thing: "Like, you know... using the Fal'Cie to help make Cocoon land on Pulse without destroying everything."

You do know that Pulse has Fal'Cie too, right?  Dahj and Sarah were turned into crystal after completing their focus, yet at the end, they turned back to normal after the death of Orphan.  

Fang and Vanille turned to crystal and stayed this way (duh!), meaning the Pulse Fal'Cie that gave them their focus is still alive and well.  As far as the ending is concerned, there is absolutely nothing that says the Pulse Fal'Cie died along with Orphan.  

You can't just make it "land" on pulse, its the size of the moon and it would just roll if it landed, don't be daft. Yes all the fal'cie died as soon as orphan was slain as they were all controlled by Orphan and no Pulse doesn't have Fal'cie, pulse has Titan's (Titan atomos, Titan they see at the top of the tower e.t.c.), any Pulse Fal'cie were taken to Cocoon during the war of transgression and they all persished at the end too as coon fell from the sky. Read the datalog the next time you play the game.

Seriously, you should apply your own advice to yourself.  Titan, Dahaka, Atomos are all Pulse Fal'Cie and are called as such in every Datalogs mentioning them. You either didn't read a thing, or just couldn't understand a thing of what you read.  

"This colossal fal'Cie is said to be the guardian of Gran Pulse's entire ecosystem. A biogenitor, Titan consumes weaker species and gives birth to new ones, thereby providing the stimulation needed to prevent ecological stagnation.

Unlike many other Gran Pulse fal'Cie, Titan does not involve himself directly with tasks of terrestrial manipulation. However, it is possible that he performs more subtle alterations of the landscape through the adjustment of biological cycles and the introduction of new, environmentally impacting species.

Ok well its not my fault the game never said they are fal'cie not titan's. It was never made clear in the cut scenes of the game. That is all I have to say about this subject.

huaxiong90 said:
ryuatsui said:

No... FF13 is crap enought we don't need another all, it's all fault of good sales they think that the game is actually good...

Please, enough with these silly excuses. I didn't like the game all that much either, but at the same time, it wasn't just a sucky game, it was just horrible flawed. And then there's the fact that others enjoyed it a lot.

There's a difference between a polished piece of shit, and a flawed gem (FFXIII).

Hello Final Fantasy XIV haha.

Today is a bad day for JRPG news.

Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Soriku said:

Unlike many other Gran Pulse fal'Cie, Titan does not involve himself directly with tasks of terrestrial manipulation. However, it is possible that he performs more subtle alterations of the landscape through the adjustment of biological cycles and the introduction of new, environmentally impacting species.

Ok well its not my fault the game never said they are fal'cie not titan's. It was never made clear in the cut scenes of the game. That is all I have to say about this subject.

O_o  Not your fault?  It IS your fault.  Especially so since you accused me of not reading the Datalogs while you're the one who obviously didn't.  Now you're saying it's not your fault if you didn't know a thing because it was in the Datalogs and not in the cut-scenes?  

Wow, just... wow.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/