By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix registers "Final Fantasy 13 2" Domain Name!!

Gotta love Final Fantasy 'fans'. Easily the most jaded fanbase out there. Look at the posts in this thread!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

OK then well if your ecstatic then we have nothing to argue about. If you didn't notice (clearly you didn't), my post was aimed at people who were hating on FFXIII and the possibility of a sequel. In your post you clearly state that you have no problem with the idea of a sequel whatsoever. In fact, you state that you want Kitase to head the project, which would be a dream come true (much like FFXIII as a whole).

Anybody who claims FFXIII was not an RPG should seriousley consult a dictionary about what an RPG is before they bash it. I could care less what someone's personal definition of "true" FF or "true" RPG is. I laugh at comments like that considering the era of video games has only been around for 30 years or so.

Who are you trying to convince. You can't convince me or A203D, we have played the game and our opinion on the game is made up now over the last 6 months. Re-read the thread.

Literally 50% of the people are saying "yes" to this news and 50% of the people are saying "oh no", don't expect everyone to like FFXIII, they really don't, its one of the most divisive games ever with a near 50% split between approval and disapproval. Stop forcing your opinions on us.

Convince? Why the fuck would I need to convince anybody??? And what exactly would I convince you towards?

I repeat: I don't give a shit if people liked it or not. You have your opinnions, I have mine. I also don't give a shit what a "true" RPG, or "true" FF is to you people. There's a clear cut definition of the word RPG. Go read it, then come back and claim FFXIII wasn't an RPG. 

What I said, from the very beginning, was for people who are hating to go cry somewhere else. Again, I respect your opinnion. You can hate FFXIII as much as you want. Much like every other game in the series, this one has it's lovers and its haters. But that doesn't change the it sold fuckloads! It was always campaigned as the fore-running game in Fabula Nova, so I don't see how a sequel would surprise/bother anyone.

outlawauron said:

Gotta love Final Fantasy 'fans'. Easily the most jaded fanbase out there. Look at the posts in this thread!

Agreed.

Rolling Cocoon FTW!

iam currently through 2 disc of ff13 . i love jrpgs cause they are linear with a nice and big story .but so far ff13 has been to linear the story is meh at best. it's not a bad game the combat system is somehow nice. but overall it lacks the epic ff feeling ff7 8 and 9 had (only ones ive played in the series). i really hope square does better with the next installment in the series.iam gonna try next LO . i might like it since is made by sakaguchi

perpride said:
Rob-Ot said:
perpride said:

OK then well if your ecstatic then we have nothing to argue about. If you didn't notice (clearly you didn't), my post was aimed at people who were hating on FFXIII and the possibility of a sequel. In your post you clearly state that you have no problem with the idea of a sequel whatsoever. In fact, you state that you want Kitase to head the project, which would be a dream come true (much like FFXIII as a whole).

Anybody who claims FFXIII was not an RPG should seriousley consult a dictionary about what an RPG is before they bash it. I could care less what someone's personal definition of "true" FF or "true" RPG is. I laugh at comments like that considering the era of video games has only been around for 30 years or so.

Who are you trying to convince. You can't convince me or A203D, we have played the game and our opinion on the game is made up now over the last 6 months. Re-read the thread.

Literally 50% of the people are saying "yes" to this news and 50% of the people are saying "oh no", don't expect everyone to like FFXIII, they really don't, its one of the most divisive games ever with a near 50% split between approval and disapproval. Stop forcing your opinions on us.

Convince? Why the fuck would I need to convince anybody??? And what exactly would I convince you towards?

I repeat: I don't give a shit if people liked it or not. You have your opinnions, I have mine. I also don't give a shit what a "true" RPG, or "true" FF is to you people. There's a clear cut definition of the word RPG. Go read it, then come back and claim FFXIII wasn't an RPG. 

What I said, from the very beginning, was for people who are hating to go cry somewhere else. Again, I respect your opinnion. You can hate FFXIII as much as you want. Much like every other game in the series, this one has it's lovers and its haters. But that doesn't change the it sold fuckloads! It was always campaigned as the fore-running game in Fabula Nova, so I don't see how a sequel would surprise/bother anyone.

I don't hate the game, just think its mediocre. Good in some ways but flawed in just as many ways and more. I am not opposed to an idea of a sequel either, stop putting words in my mouth and re-read your post. You do sound like your trying to change opinions of people who don't like the game as much as you.

Around the Network
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
perpride said:
A203D said:
perpride said:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

holy fuck!!!

YAY!!!!!! I don't even care what it is!!!!!

And to the haters: go cry somewhere else and stop spamming threads for games you supposedly don't like. Right now I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for all of you.

Are you kidding me, i'm extatic, these awful developers now have to clean up their mess. and this means hopefully while Kitase and his team are on this.... then the other production team will be hard at work developing a true FF and a true RPG. i wont be getting FInal Fantasy 13 Modern Warfare 2, but as long as that is in production theres less chance that production team 1 will do FF15.

Well, as much as I liked FF XIII, and I'm actually replaying it right now, I must say the game felt like FF "lite".

And I also don't think Kitase's team handling the game is a "dream come true".  I prefer the teams who did FF IX, and XII, even if XII did have its share of problems too.  But I'm hopeful that Kitase's team will manage to redeem itself.  They already admitted that there were some problems in XIII and that they would have done some things differently if they had the time to do so.

FF13 is made by the incompetent Toriyama's team who was also largely responsible for the mediocre FFX (I fear my anger towards that game gets worse by the year) and then the terrible FFX-2.

Kitase wasn't that involved in FF13. Kitase is producing FF Versus 13 too with Shinji hashimoto, but that is Nomura's game as he is directing. I don't think you should blame Kitase for Toriyama's incompetency.

Who knows if he was involved or not.  He produced them, whatever that means in this industry anymore.

One thing is sure though, we both agree about FF X.  The worse game in the series, if you ask me.  Yet I enjoyed X-2, because I always liked the job system and X-2 implementation was great (if you disregard the dress changing animations), and the rest of its battle system was fast paced and fun.  Both games' stories were pretty bad, that's for sure.

Hynad said:
Rob-Ot said:
Hynad said:
perpride said:
A203D said:
perpride said:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

holy fuck!!!

And to the haters: go cry somewhere else and stop spamming threads for games you supposedly don't like. Right now I'm playing the worlds smallest violin for all of you.

Are you kidding me, i'm extatic, these awful developers now have to clean up their mess. and this means hopefully while Kitase and his team are on this.... then the other production team will be hard at work developing a true FF and a true RPG. i wont be getting FInal Fantasy 13 Modern Warfare 2, but as long as that is in production theres less chance that production team 1 will do FF15.

Well, as much as I liked FF XIII, and I'm actually replaying it right now, I must say the game felt like FF "lite".

And I also don't think Kitase's team handling the game is a "dream come true".  I prefer the teams who did FF IX, and XII, even if XII did have its share of problems too.  But I'm hopeful that Kitase's team will manage to redeem itself.  They already admitted that there were some problems in XIII and that they would have done some things differently if they had the time to do so.

FF13 is made by the incompetent Toriyama's team who was also largely responsible for the mediocre FFX (I fear my anger towards that game gets worse by the year) and then the terrible FFX-2.

Kitase wasn't that involved in FF13. Kitase is producing FF Versus 13 too with Shinji hashimoto, but that is Nomura's game as he is directing. I don't think you should blame Kitase for Toriyama's incompetency.

Who knows if he was involved or not.  He produced them, whatever that means in this industry anymore.

One thing is sure though, we both agree about FF X.  The worse game in the series, if you ask me.  Yet I enjoyed X-2, because I always liked the job system and X-2 implementation was great (if you disregard the dress changing animations), and the rest of its battle system was fast paced and fun.  Both games' stories were pretty bad, that's for sure.

I dislike FF12 the most out of single player FF games, but hands down FF14 is the worst. But I agree FF10 is one of the worst, I see so many mistakes in FF13 just repeated from FF10 itself. I agree the story was terrible, the predictable sappy love story was even worse than the shitty Star Wars prequel love story. FF10 was just a step back from the brilliant FF9 (and PS1 FF's in general) in every way, unfortunately they decided to make FF13 more like FF10. I agree FFX-2 had a good combat system, but I found FFX's just as good and the problem was X-2 had an even worse story and characters. I blame FF10 for how FF13 turned out, if enough fans had given Toriyama's team warnings from FF10, FF13 wouldn't be like this, hopefully now with the divisive response Toriyama got the message.

perpride said:

This is fair to me, we should hopefully get FF15 done by the other production team, who i felt didnt complete FF12 to the right standards. and i'm glad that production team 1 are doing their sequel, they shouldnt be given 5 years to make a game, then be allowed to walk away from it without making it the best game it can be. this gives them a chance to improve on all the things people criticised, and if its a good game i will pick it up.

well Toriyama and Kitase both talk about how FF13 isnt an RPG, but 'a new type of game altogether', and that FF13 is inspired by 'the Call of Duty series' and 'Lost' the tv show. i dont really consider it an RPG because a lot of the game feels like more an interactive movie, where you just running from A to B watching cutscenes in between.

but i'm not here to argue about that, people who like FF13 should be happy, and those who dont should also be happy because there is a good chance imo that production team 2 will be hard at work preparing a game of epic proportions. however this is also speculation because the series has since FF7 had 2 production teams, this structure may have drastically changed since Wada became CEO.

perpride said:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

holy fuck!!!

Awesome Post.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

if they indeed make a sequel i will buy it on day 1 for sure, loved final fantasy 13.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1