By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Have you learned anything in ten years?" CMU rehosts Geohot's PS3 softmod

ROFL his mirror isn't even working....

I guess it doesn't take much to become a Research Professor of Computer Science these days.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
alekth said:
leatherhat said:

I'm pretty sure the lawsuit is more of a symbolic gesture. Sony knows that the info is out there and they can't stop it. 

Isn't this worse, after losing the practical part, to fail at the ideological one as well?

Not really- its gonna fuck Geohots life up for quite a bit which will probably make sony execs smile

Not if an advocates/rights group like the EFF takes over, which is pretty damn likely.  It could actually be a good case to take on / reduce the scope of the DMCA, and set a lot of companies back in terms of infringing on fair use and consumer rights.

Ail said:

I guess it doesn't take much to become a Research Professor of Computer Science these days.

Uh... but it is working? :/

leatherhat said:
alekth said:
leatherhat said:

I'm pretty sure the lawsuit is more of a symbolic gesture. Sony knows that the info is out there and they can't stop it.

Isn't this worse, after losing the practical part, to fail at the ideological one as well?

Not really- its gonna fuck Geohots life up for quite a bit which will probably make sony execs smile

Would not be surprised MS wants to hire him =p

Freedom of speech ? , i don't see anyone speaking here, its hacking.

this guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Ail said:

Uh... but it is working? :/

Well it is, second I some what expect this thread to be locked, since I believe it might be against the rules, but I have no idea. 

Ail said:

it never did actually.