By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Custom FW on PS3? Well Sony is Watching YOU!

ethomaz said:
Galaki said:

Seems people are prefectly fine with spywares in the name of fighting piracy.

Not fine with spywares... but the user agreement of PSN says Sony collect data... so it's legal... and the trophies sync works using these spy features.

EULA does not superseed comsumer's law or something like that.

Sony's going into hot zone.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
-Newcloud- said:

looks like sony can catch a hacked ps3 faster the MS, looks like sony is going to start hiring

What do you mean with catch ? MS can see them immediately as well, but they only do bans in huge waves.

So far Sony didn't ban any of them either.

i assumed MS could only see them when the play a game online before release

also PS3 has more people connected due to the wireless router and free on-line as well 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

-Newcloud- said:
Barozi said:
-Newcloud- said:

looks like sony can catch a hacked ps3 faster the MS, looks like sony is going to start hiring

What do you mean with catch ? MS can see them immediately as well, but they only do bans in huge waves.

So far Sony didn't ban any of them either.

i assumed MS could only see them when the play a game online before release

No pretty much everyone can be banned. But the newer your drive's hacked firmware, the better the chances not to get banned or so I guess.

Around the Network

Well it will be interesting to see if SONY uses this to start bricking consoles, it would be quite a funny situation if PS3 become the most open system with the only condition being that it can't go online.

Well people should be aware of the consequences of their actions. So if Sony feels you should be banned then for breaking the TOS (agreement) , then yes I agree with Sony you deserve to get banned. Although different regions have different rules. 

Those who know nothing can understand nothing. 

Looks like sony is pretty masochistic.

"They are pirating our games and hacking our console! Lets watch them do it!"

disolitude said:

Looks like sony is pretty masochistic.

"They are pirating our games and hacking our console! Lets watch them do it!"

lmfao, that made me chuckle :oD

SCE won't start bricking consoles, but it's not unreasonable to expect reports of permabanned consoles from PSN in the near future.