By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Can Mods be banned?

Theoretically, if a mod went crazy, starting posting random things, and banning random people, could they be banned?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Yes, it already happened at least twice.

I'm not sure it was for real, though.

I mean even ioi was banned.

RolStoppable said:

Yes, it already happened at least twice.

Proof (one of my bans): Other (Sure you can get a promotion. I promote you to the same level as all the mods right now. Banned. Oh and European football sucks. Go American football!)

Wait.... you were a mod? Also, what if a mod bans all the other mods?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

we get banned by Brett or some admins for poops and giggles every now and then, but othewise banning a mod would require that either Machina or myself did it just like banning any other staff.

RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:

I'm not sure it was for real, though.

I mean even ioi was banned.

They banned him, because he was banning random people, so it was a serious issue.

Another time TheSource banned ioi preemptively on the day of the last race of the Formula 1 championship to prevent the same chaos from happening again. Good thing that McLaren won that time though.

How could they ban ioi? I thought he ran this site. Am I mistaken?

Around the Network

Who watches the Watchmen ............ ?

That made me chuckle, wp TC lol

Darth Tigris said:

Who watches the Watchmen ............ ?

People who stalk macho men.

sure it can happen

Yes they can most certainly be banned