By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS battery life is 3-to-5 hours for 3DS games

I never cared about battery life as I use all my handhelds only at home.

Around the Network

Thats pretty bad.

Dear me, guys read the whole thread. The 3-5 hours is only under certain circunstances like high bright, Wi Fi, full effects, etc. Please read all the thread and not only the title.

...O.o

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

alfredofroylan said:

Dear me, guys read the whole thread. The 3-5 hours is only under certain circunstances like high bright, Wi Fi, full effects, etc. Please read all the thread and not only the title.

Some people only read what they want to read.

Around the Network
palancas7 said:
alfredofroylan said:

Some people only read what they want to read.

And other just cba to read it all :D ( Yh im looking at you chibi...oh wait...hey myself how things :D )

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

alfredofroylan said:

Thanks for clearing all that up. The 3DS might be the first portable console I buy in generations, and when I saw the supposed battery life I was like "WTF?"

:)

alfredofroylan said:

'Nintendo 3DS approximately three hours to five hours if you play soft' What does play soft mean? Could it mean on lower settings or maybe it's just being translated wrong. 

It also doesn't help that Iwata made this statement during a recent Q & A:

"As for the battery, it is inevitable that Nintendo 3DS will be a device which requires more frequent recharging than Nintendo DS. This is why we are going to include the cradle, which is a dedicated battery charger. Perhaps we may need to dispatch to our consumers a message, something like, “Please place your Nintendo 3DS on the cradle as soon as you return home with it.”

We shouldn't overreact, but I don't think we should just write the whole thing off until we have a definitive answer.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The biggest issue is the 3.5 hours it takes to charge it.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Doobie_wop said:

Why would Nintendo place the battery life of it's maximum setting on their official site? That seems so weird. 

Have you seen the DSi battery life??:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/series/dsi/spec/index.html

Nintendo always play safe putting their systems under the worst scenario possible.