By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction__Wii to sell 105 Million End Of 2011!*

thx1139 said:

People really dont pay attention to impulse buyers at all. A lower price make the chances of impulse buyers happening.  The Wii really has enjoyed the impulse buy.  People go to a friends house had fun with Wii Sports and then go what the hell why not.  The higher the price the less likely that is to happen.

Also please can we get over that it was the games and nothing but the games that made the Wii sell what it has.

Honestly how many Wii's whould have sold if the exact same games came out, but with standard controllers. I think Wii sales would be far closer to GC sales if WiiSports used a control pad rather than WiiMote.  WiiFit would have done nothing without the WiiMote and the Board. 

Actually, I never said it was only the games but that is the main part of it...and duh your stating the obvious when you say that Wii Sports and Wii Fit would fail with a regular controller. I hope that everyone on here recognizes that. I never denied that Wii sold a lot because of Motion controls but that certainly isn't the only reason. Its Motion controls plus the great games that use them...Mario Kart Wii without Motion controls would sell about 7-10 Million lifetime instead of 20 Million plus...New Super Mario Bros. on the Gamecube would have sold 5-8 Million and obviously Wii Sports and Wii Fit would be the stupidest games ever without Motion Controls selling less than 500K lifetime. Also, its not only the Motion controls though...its the fact that the Motion Controls plus great games = a huge success. If the Wii didn't have Motion controls the Wii Series wouldn't exist so yes, the Wii would probably be in last right now but it has them and that combined with the new and unique games makes the Wii a success. Nintendo didn't get the idea to make a Sports game on the G.C that wouldn't make since...the two go together to make it work.

Around the Network

The higher the price the more it can slow a system but the real thing that makes something move slow is if the value is less the what the price is

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:

The higher the price the more it can slow a system but the real thing that makes something move slow is if the value is less the what the price is

Thank you Yoshi! LOL.

@Everyone:

Anyway, my thread is getting off topic...we have different opinions as to why the Wii sells and sold how it did but the real topic was if it could sell to 105 Million by the end of 2011.

I will make another thread to discuss what sells a system...

this thread hopefully will get back on track.

Another week and another week of over 30% decline YoY. In this case using MediaCreate for Japan Wii down 39% YoY. In numbers that is like another 135K.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

So it seems the Wii needs a price or a new SMBW to get to 105 million. I wonder which one will help the most. 

If any game has define the Wii, it's either Wii sports or Wiifit. Those are the types of games that drew in the new market, the extra fans. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Weekly update

Wii came in this week with 212,532 which is 135,703 lower than last year. A 39% drop.

For the year Wii is down 803,391 a 33% drop. 

thx1139 said:

Weekly update

Wii came in this week with 212,532 which is 135,703 lower than last year. A 39% drop.

It also, has sold 1.7 Million in 5 weeks which means Wii only needs to sell 12.9 Million more to beat your prediction...

If it sells only 150K for the rest of the 48 weeks it would sell 7.2 Million...leaving 5.7 Million for your prediction which will easily be cleared due to the Holiday's and obviously Wii won't be that low all the time.

*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:

Weekly update

It also, has sold 1.7 Million in 5 weeks which means Wii only needs to sell 12.9 Million more to beat your prediction...

If it sells only 150K for the rest of the 48 weeks it would sell 7.2 Million...leaving 5.7 Million for your prediction which will easily be cleared due to the Holiday's and obviously Wii won't be that low all the time.

If your counting the final 8 weeks for the holiday then the Wii would need to sell 5.7 Million on top of the 1.2M that the avg of 150K per week already is providing in your 7.2M number.  Now this past year Will sold 8.4M the final 8 weeks.  So the 5.7M 1.2M is 6.9M which would hit my number.  That is far closer to the 14.6M I predict for the 53 weeks then the 22.1M you predict. You are right the Wii wont be that low all the time, it could be lower.

thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:

Weekly update

If your counting the final 8 weeks for the holiday then the Wii would need to sell 5.7 Million on top of the 1.2M that the avg of 150K per week already is providing in your 7.2M number.  Now this past year Will sold 8.4M the final 8 weeks.  So the 5.7M 1.2M is 6.9M which would hit my number.  That is far closer to the 14.6M I predict for the 53 weeks then the 22.1M you predict. You are right the Wii wont be that low all the time, it could be lower.

Yes, but thats if the Wii stays at 150K or lower...I don't expect Wii to drop below 150K at all in 2011.