By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - *Prediction__Wii to sell 105 Million End Of 2011!*

*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:

Weekly update

Wii came in this week with 212,532 which is 135,703 lower than last year. A 39% drop.

For the year Wii is down 803,391 a 33% drop. 

It also, has sold 1.7 Million in 5 weeks which means Wii only needs to sell 12.9 Million more to beat your prediction...

If it sells only 150K for the rest of the 48 weeks it would sell 7.2 Million...leaving 5.7 Million for your prediction which will easily be cleared due to the Holiday's and obviously Wii won't be that low all the time.

If your counting the final 8 weeks for the holiday then the Wii would need to sell 5.7 Million on top of the 1.2M that the avg of 150K per week already is providing in your 7.2M number.  Now this past year Will sold 8.4M the final 8 weeks.  So the 5.7M 1.2M is 6.9M which would hit my number.  That is far closer to the 14.6M I predict for the 53 weeks then the 22.1M you predict. You are right the Wii wont be that low all the time, it could be lower.

Yes, but thats if the Wii stays at 150K or lower...I don't expect Wii to drop below 150K at all in 2011.

Why not? The Wii had multiple weeks last year in the 130s and averaged below 140 from August until the holiday sales boost started.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:

Weekly update

Wii came in this week with 212,532 which is 135,703 lower than last year. A 39% drop.

For the year Wii is down 803,391 a 33% drop. 

It also, has sold 1.7 Million in 5 weeks which means Wii only needs to sell 12.9 Million more to beat your prediction...

If it sells only 150K for the rest of the 48 weeks it would sell 7.2 Million...leaving 5.7 Million for your prediction which will easily be cleared due to the Holiday's and obviously Wii won't be that low all the time.

If your counting the final 8 weeks for the holiday then the Wii would need to sell 5.7 Million on top of the 1.2M that the avg of 150K per week already is providing in your 7.2M number.  Now this past year Will sold 8.4M the final 8 weeks.  So the 5.7M 1.2M is 6.9M which would hit my number.  That is far closer to the 14.6M I predict for the 53 weeks then the 22.1M you predict. You are right the Wii wont be that low all the time, it could be lower.

Yes, but thats if the Wii stays at 150K or lower...I don't expect Wii to drop below 150K at all in 2011.

Why not? The Wii had multiple weeks last year in the 130s and averaged below 140 from August until the holiday sales boost started.

Better games...Vitality Sensor

*Sound Of Rain said:
thx1139 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Better games...Vitality Sensor

Ohh

Wont matter...wont happen

Another week another week down. Nearly 40% this week.

Not looking good so far.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

Id be happy to make a bet with you on that :D lololol

DS sales are down because everyone is waiting for the 3DS to launch. I predict the 3DS will outsell the PS3 3:1 when it launches in Japan. lol!! Probably 5:1 in the U.S.

'gaming till I'm gone'

People are too confident about this not happening. I'm surprise how people know the future...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Going by Americas and EMEAA data, if we add up the MC sales, Wii will be down 181k or 54% this week YoY. That's too much already.

I'm getting a Crazzyman vibe on this thread and that's not good (or is it lol)

I can't wish you good luck with this prediction since it's definitely not happening.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Going by Americas and EMEAA data, if we add up the MC sales, Wii will be down 181k or 54% this week YoY. That's too much already.

I'm getting a Crazzyman vibe on this thread and that's not good (or is it lol)

I can't wish you good luck with this prediction since it's definitely not happening.

Dont understand the calculation.  From what I see week ending Feb 13 2010 Wii sold 263K and this year it looks like it will be about 153K.  Still a huge YoY drop, but not 181K. What am I missing?

Weekly update

Wii came in this week with 153,459 which is 109,947 lower than last year. A 42% drop.

For the year Wii is down 1,103,182 a 36% drop.