By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PlayStation Move is doing phenomenally - EEDAR Analyst

"Even without the official December figures in, I have no doubt in concluding that both the Kinect and Move saved the holiday season from what would have been a disastrous situation of negative dollar comparisons. If Nintendo 'saved' us in 2008 and 2009, Microsoft and Sony returned that favour in 2010," he concluded."

Sounds like "teamwork."  I approve.

Around the Network

its refeshing to see some love for move, i feel software let it down alot i hope it gets a boost in sales when killzone 3 comes out

This is nice to read and I certainly hope Sony pushes more the PS Move. I don't mean Playstation Move games only, games like Killzone 3 (compatible with Move and Dualshock 3) are always welcome, I'm praying to see Move compatible with Resistance 3, it would be a perfect fit imo.

1.29 million in 2 months is phenomenal, compared to 7.2 million? Move did not do well at all compared to the competition. They shipped 4.1 million, but only sold 1.29 million. That's a lot of Moves still on retail shelves.

MightyGrogg said:

1.29 million in 2 months is phenomenal, compared to 7.2 million? Move did not do well at all compared to the competition. They shipped 4.1 million, but only sold 1.29 million. That's a lot of Moves still on retail shelves.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that VGChartz esitimated Move number based on unique users. That 4.1 million shipped should be of individual Move components so actual Move hardware moved is probably much closer, although only 1.3 million people bought into it (according to this site).

Around the Network

Yay :D its these kinds of threads i like :) who cares if one sold more than the other. there both doing great!

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

MightyGrogg said:

I  am guessing you really did not ever bother to read the OP, huh

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Scoobes said:
MightyGrogg said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that VGChartz esitimated Move number based on unique users. That 4.1 million shipped should be of individual Move components so actual Move hardware moved is probably much closer, although only 1.3 million people bought into it (according to this site).

didnt the latest news from vgchartz say that move had 1.6m unique users?  well anyways, its irrelevant because as of now its wrong.  vgc has sports champions at 2 million units sold, so one would have to assume at least 2 million unique move users

leatherhat said:
snowdog said:

It's no surprise that it's done well. Given the difficulty finding Move controllers both on shop shelves and online it's pretty obvious that it's selling really well and has exceeded Sony's expectations. And on a side note, anyone that has Move MUST buy a second controller and buy The Fight Lights Out. It's the best Move title out there so far and with 120 opponents to beat to complete the single player game, splitscreen multiplayer and online multiplayer it has to be the most robust and best value for money Move title available. BUY IT NAO!!!

This post brought to you buy The Fight: Lights Out (TM)

Lol, sorry I can't help it! The vast majority of reviews by the so-called 'professionals' are just plain wrong. The controls are absolutely spot-on. True 1:1 motion controls with no lag whatsoever. It's the best demonstration of what Move is capable of I've seen so far, and is very addictive.

The user reviews on Metacritic tell the real story (including mine lol).

Good to see PS Move doing well.   :)