By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and WW up 1st Jan

CGI-Quality said:
Metallicube said:
CGI-Quality said:

The 360 is the true winner this week. Kinect continues to amaze me!

We must be looking at different sales then, because I still see Wii at number 1 ;)

I'll rephrase: the 360 is the only system up as far as it is, thanks to Kinect (something people didn't think would do much for it). The "true" winner means it shocked the largest amount of people (unless you're claiming that somehow, Wii sales are surprising for the good).

So, obviously, the Wii is the winner in sheer numbers, but the 360 is up pretty significantly (especially considering how long it's been available), hence the comment.

I dunno, 2010 was the year Wii was supposed to die off, especially since it wasn't launching 3 surefire 10m sellers like it did in 2009.  And it's awful Q2/3 sales really reinforced that thinking and mantra too... sure some talked up the coming "holiday lifts" but I don't think most expected to actually work out quite so well as it did.  There's still a lot of "surprise" to be had in terms of holiday 2010 Wii sales.

Around the Network
bannedagain said:
Reasonable said:

Seems like US is the area of highest differentation at the moment - 360 and PS3 showing a fairly big gap.

Worldwide it's closer due to Japan and to a lesser extend EMEAA.

I wonder if 360 can maintain that level of gap in US while PS3 can maintain EMEAA/Japan lead?  If so they it's going to be closer again for HD consoles very soon.

Wii had a great run over the holidays and consolidated it's worldwide lead overall.  I wonder how it will trend in first quarter of this year though?

PSP waiting for PSP2, DS still going great even with the 3DS coming - Nintendo overall must feel pretty good about how they fared over holidays.

I wonder if the changes to PS3 In EMEAA are going to be off from them adjusting the numbers. I have a feeling they are over tracked over there but we will see  when shippments come in. I also think 360 has been undertracked because of the Kinect affect.  However I'm not desputing the numbers just questioning tell we get some shipment numbers.

360/Kinect I don't think is undertracked in EMEAA overal but maybe in a few places.  Plenty of local info seems to indicate Kinect hasn't changed the normal status quo much.

It may be a little undertracked in US though.

I guess we'll see but given the PS3 is ahead in EMEA overall despite being two holiday peaks behind 360 and only really the UK has hugely embraced it I just don't think there's much chance its undertracked significantly in EMEAA.

Plenty of European countries for example show the PS3 selling more than 360 and PS3 simply sells in more places than 360.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Juma009 said:

It is so hard for Nintendo to get credit from some people here.

CGI's post is spot on, these Wii numbers are predictable, is all he is saying. The 360 numbers are far more impressive.

trunkswd said:

Weekly Sales Analysis Article is up. Click here to read it.

Preview:

You are the one that write these articles, right? Thanks for your work, I like to read them. BTW, this graphic scared me a lot lol, look at how much it drops after Christmas time ='(

It's great to see the PS360 both up YoY. Wii and DS are still going strong. PSP doing alright.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:
trunkswd said:

Weekly Sales Analysis Article is up. Click here to read it.

Preview:

You are the one that write these articles, right? Thanks for your work, I like to read them. BTW, this graphic scared me a lot lol, look at how much it drops after Christmas time ='(

The blue line scared me... and it's down yoy.

Juma009 said:

It is so hard for Nintendo to get credit from some people here.

I always give nintendo credit and think they totally deserve it for doing the other thing. Plus NES was a big part of my childhood.

Skeeuk said:

less that 100k diff with ps3 and 360, with 360 at a lower price and huge kinect marketing ps3 is doing pretty good.

So just to be clear, Xbox is selling better because it's cheaper and also because of Kinect?  That's quite the contradiction because the cheapest Kinect bundle is $299, same as the PS3 so you can't have it both ways.

daroamer said:
Skeeuk said:

less that 100k diff with ps3 and 360, with 360 at a lower price and huge kinect marketing ps3 is doing pretty good.

So just to be clear, Xbox is selling better because it's cheaper and also because of Kinect?  That's quite the contradiction because the cheapest Kinect bundle is $299, same as the PS3 so you can't have it both ways.

nice sales all around, kinect is doing so well makes me happy to see that. :)

it will be interesting too see the kinect effect for the 1st quarter this year and where the ps3 lands in sales. i hope both do well, since i am a big fan of both systems.  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1