By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What problems have you had with any console since the Sega Saturn to presen

PS1: Stopped reading discs about half of the time, probably due to the infamous problem with the plastic casing of the laser unit wearing out. It was actually usable a little bit, but the fact that it would stop reading in the middle of the game made it an exercise in frustration.

Xbox 360: RROD, naturally.

PS3: Works like a champ but is a stupid piece of shit.

Around the Network

PS3 broke down, had constant errors when trying to play games.

Wii had graphical artifacts, like green dots and so.

Commodore 64, SNES, Megadrive, N64, Xbox 360, Gameboy, GBA, DS: no problems whatsoever.

Xen said:
How convenient that you say Sega Saturn... frankly, the only console I have problems with... had to replace a whole laser and tweak my PCB, but it works...

what was your source for a replacement lens? The 3 saturns I have all have trouble with Shining Force 3, 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS1 - No problems
PS2 - No Problems
PS3 - YLOD this year.
PSP - No Problems

N64 - No Problems
Gamecube - No Problems.
Wii - NP
GB - NP
GBA - Dropped it in water.
GBA SP - NP
DS Original - Middle part broke but still works
DS Lite - NP

ps1 would'nt read some disk,but this was after I had it for awhile. I did'nt really fix it,because at the time the ps1 was on it's last legs anyways and I was looking forward to the ps2 at the time.

Around the Network

PS2 - Stopped reading discs. (Gave it to a friend who pulls consoles and stuff apart and makes mods and stuff)

Xbox - Disc tray kept getting jammed. (Put up with it)

Xbox 360 - RROD (Sent it to get repaired)

laser not working on my gamecube.

ps2 won't read disks

fat ps3 won't play blue rays.

NES - Would sometimes not start games (rare), had to reset it like 4-5 times before it worked again

Sega Genesis- None

GB - None

GBC - None

GBA - None

GC - None

DS - It's a DS Phantom, and one of its back hidges broke

Wii - Had problems reading FE: Radient Dawn and Metroid Other: M when I first put them in, used a wii disc reader cleaner and worked fine

360 - First had RRoD, second was fine

3DS - For some reason I have to press the power button twice for it to power up

Handhelds:

GBC: No issues
GBA: No issues
GBA SP: No issues
DS: No issues
DS #2: No issues
DS Lite: No issues
DS Lite #2: No issues
DS Lite #3: No issues

Home consoles:

PS2: No issues
Gamecube: No issues
Wii: No issues

...However, my laptop has suffered many problems over the years ranging from loose cables in the screen causing it to black out, to the fans breaking. :S

In conclusion: Buy consoles for gaming, not laptops :P

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

My first Playstation stopped working after a year or two. The slim one my parents replaced it with still works today.

And I've had 2 RRoD's + one of the replacement consoles MS sent me was DOA, lol. My current one works though. Oh and for people who say the new slim 360's don't get Red Rings....mine did, plus the replacement was obviously a slim as well and it didn't work upon arrival. I'm on my 3rd slim unit, 4th overall.